EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Hunter Mountain Monday-- Conditions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hunter Mountain Monday-- Conditions?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Skiing Hunter Mountain Monday. They got lots of snow coming in and snowmaking on Claire's Way says they're website. Do you think they can get Claire's Way/Lower K27/Upper Crossover and any other expert runs open by Monday?
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiking4 View Post
Skiing Hunter Mountain Monday. They got lots of snow coming in and snowmaking on Claire's Way says they're website. Do you think they can get Claire's Way/Lower K27/Upper Crossover and any other expert runs open by Monday?
I'm heading up there tomorrow so I will let you know. It should be a great day as they got a foot last night and may get half a foot tonight.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Cool remember to let me know how it is!

Is there anymore snow coming in this weekend? Like Sunday night or Monday afternoon/morning?
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Awesome! Snowmaking still on Claire's Way but started snowmaking on Lower K27, White Cloud (this run is sweet), and other stuff. But not Upper Crossover? Supposedly it takes a day to cover that run! I guess with all the snow, though, they can maybe open UC on natural snow!
post #5 of 14
I'm considering Mon or Tues. Monday wind forecast is appears extreme. Any thoughts to how this will make skiing?
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Proof View Post
I'm considering Mon or Tues. Monday wind forecast is appears extreme. Any thoughts to how this will make skiing?
Ummmm.....colder than with no wind.
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Blizzboy283... how was it?
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Okay, think of heading back up tomorrow but with all the rain today is it going to be really icy?
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiking4 View Post
Blizzboy283... how was it?
Was a lot of fun. The weather definitely kept some people away which was good because if you ask me it was a little too crowded. Lines weren't very long after awhile but I could see how people avoid this place like the black plaque on weekends. I think I will follow that advice next time.

They opened up F lift and Y lift while I was there and I was able to be one of the first ones down Claire's way or Westway, I'm not sure which one. They had snow blowing like crazy over there and the whole thing was a mad house for awhile. I lasted about three runs over there before the loads of skiers and chewed up snow sent me back over to F. I avoided the high speed lift most of the day and just made laps off of the F lift. There were little to no people utilizing that lift and the adjacent Minya Konka and Westside drive. Both had some nice snow. All in all it was a good day (my third at Hunter this season) and I am starting to get to know the place well.
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzboy283 View Post
They opened up F lift and Y lift while I was there and I was able to be one of the first ones down Claire's way or Westway, I'm not sure which one. They had snow blowing like crazy over there and the whole thing was a mad house for awhile.
Westway was open? When I skied Tuesday it didn't look skiable! But I guess you meant Claire's Way which is really bumps.
post #11 of 14
Can someone please tell me what the conditions were like today (Thu) after all the rain on Wed?
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexc View Post
Can someone please tell me what the conditions were like today (Thu) after all the rain on Wed?
Skied Windham today. Basic line: one huge sheet of ungroomed ice (only two runs were groomed!). The black and double blacks were definitely skiable but were quite gnarlier than usual. Good thing is that they got the guns running ALL night hopefully. I'll post a TR soon.
post #13 of 14
Its going to rain all weekend..I wouldn't bother, unless you like that kind of thing.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeski View Post
Its going to rain all weekend..I wouldn't bother, unless you like that kind of thing.
As if it isn't bad enough! The East is taking a huge hit if it rains all weekend!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Hunter Mountain Monday-- Conditions?