or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bindings as carry on

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
I have an extra pair of bindings I am bringing home, if I put them in my carry on bag, could they be considered a "weapon"?
post #2 of 22
Should be fine. My kids have had to do it lately to be under 50 lbs with a ski bag. What fun.
post #3 of 22
I can't imagine they would be a problem, especially since they're coming from Denver and you'll have your ski boots too.
It's kinda obvious that you're a skier. Possibly obvious that you're a Free Lance Gear Junkie
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
I have an extra pair of bindings I am bringing home, if I put them in my carry on bag, could they be considered a "weapon"?
Done it, nobody in Portland blinked an eye.
post #5 of 22
I thought about this after posting. If your bindings are such that you can easily remove the brakes, perhaps I'd put the brakes in the checked luggage. Might be overkill, but you never know with the TSA folks. I had to dump all of the line on three fly reels late last spring. I can't even catch fish, let alone use the line as a "weapon." I'm thinking that the brakes might look the most weapon-like. Good luck.
post #6 of 22
No worries, Phil. I went thru Denver about a week ago with bindings in my carry-on without issue.
post #7 of 22
Oh, and what did you find? :
post #8 of 22
Well...maybe if they're Marker's

Some folks think they are weapons
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
Well...maybe if they're Marker's

Some folks think they are weapons
Wonder if TSA knows about Tecnica TNTs.
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
Well...maybe if they're Marker's

Some folks think they are weapons
Wanna take bets on what he got
post #11 of 22
Carried Look PX12's in my pack from JFK to YVR a week ago without comment.
post #12 of 22
O.K., so you're a TSA agent....and a tired POW junkie type returning from Steamboat hits your x-ray machine carrying the following.....

Which one poses the greatest threat
525x525px-LL-vbattach4448.jpg
525x525px-LL-vbattach4447.jpg
525x525px-LL-vbattach4449.jpg
525x525px-LL-vbattach4450.jpg
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
Well...maybe if they're Marker's
They might realize that the Markers would go off early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
Some folks think they are weapons
What about Dolomite "Secret Weapons"
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
Wanna take bets on what he got

Spademan S 4 Comp's with Rental plates
post #15 of 22
Phil's lucky but he's not THAT lucky, or is he?
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
Spademan S 4 Comp's with Rental plates
I did come across a pair of The Ski TSM in Black with N77's while out here but...
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
O.K., so you're a TSA agent....and a tired POW junkie type returning from Steamboat hits your x-ray machine carrying the following.....

Which one poses the greatest threat
ROFLMAO
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Only issues here that my carry on bag is damn heavy, I think I am surpassing the 50lb of the ski bag I checked. It did take two people to "view" the contents of the back through the X-rays. I would like to have seen the viewfinder myself to see what they looked like.
post #19 of 22
I had to take my Look bindings out at the Vancouver airport to show them to security.

Mostly because the attendant didn't know what they were, or did.

Other than that went well.
post #20 of 22
Things you don't want to hear them say at Airport security:

"MALE ASSIST!"
post #21 of 22
Phil at the airport:

post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleski View Post
I thought about this after posting. If your bindings are such that you can easily remove the brakes, perhaps I'd put the brakes in the checked luggage. Might be overkill, but you never know with the TSA folks. I had to dump all of the line on three fly reels late last spring. I can't even catch fish, let alone use the line as a "weapon." I'm thinking that the brakes might look the most weapon-like. Good luck.
well to be fair, the line could be used as a garrote. They seem kinda hit and miss with the security though. I accidentally brought my keys (on a carabiner no less) through the metal detector once w/o issue (never went off), but yet you still hear stories of people having to pour out liquids because its a half oz. over the limit...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion