Originally Posted by Nobody
I found this video while looking for info on Toni (Tone) Valeruz after reading comments in Tyrone thread about Aurelien Ducroz "up" in the General skiing section...
This is a place I've skied more than once in mypast...
But is this a freeride competition??!?? Where'se the elegance???
Where are the lines, the fluidity of action for which Freeskiers of Big Mountains comp are renown???http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq7TM...eature=related
It just looks a "quickest man/woman/team to bottom wins"...
I'm not sure I like it...
And to think that it's such a beautiful run (off piste itinerary)...
(more info about this competition here : http://www.altabadiafreeride.it/dev/programma.php
Val Mezdì in the heart of the Group of Dolomitico dolomitic Sella.Questo route is the most classic downhill freeride of Eastern Alps. This is a medium-low difficulty scialpinistici but for good skiers capable of skiing on any type of snow.
After an initial stretch rather steep (whose difficulty varies according to the condi-tions of the snowpack) unfolds in a 'broad valley surrounded by high walls and spectacular rocky towers that' made it famous worldwide for its beauty. In fact the route, although well known, is not absolute immediately reported or kept safe - who does it always at your own risk.
That event is the "re" in a modern way of a similar competition that will be played back in the 40s thus fully in the history of the first races of Freeriding in the Alps.
We believe that 'Alta Badia of law can become a reference point in the world of Ski Freeride seen the type of land that offer the surrounding mountains and its geographic location. They are very listed areas and routes of the Dolomites Freeride and there are (among many websites that document them) several publications that describe them.
Thursday, 26 March 2009
- 15:00 h office opening races - withdrawal package
- 20:00 hh "La Falda" La Villa center Chairlift Doninz meeting just for fun "with friends in the telemark night-na race and parallel (inscriptions on the po-sto)
Friday, 27 March 2009
- Mandatory route reconnaissance "Freeride Race Val Mesdi"
- Closing entries 11:00 h Freeride Race Val Mesdi 2009 edition
- After meeting with reconnaissance Matthias-keller "just for fun" (station mon-te lift "Sodlijia" a Colfosco)
- 17h race office at Corvara and it colo-dancers "From Beautiful Show" after meeting mandatory Free-ride Race Val Mesdi
- After meeting ... aperitif Tavern Hotel Posta Zirm "just for fun"
Saturday, 28 March 2009
- 11:45 h val Mesdi upstream control competitors (pectoral, helmets, protective provisions, arva ...)
- 12:00 h val Mesdi: departure "Freer Race Val-de Mesdi"
- After the race meeting Matthiaskeller: expo area, testing equipment, game prizes Ortowox
- 15h to show dancers from Bello Show "awards ... follows-up, party and mulled wine.
Sunday, 29 March 2009
- Day reserve race
- Came down off the mountain with guides or free activities freeride
- 19:00 h closing office race
its a randonee race but it is a race of some sort according the italian website.
Pretty stupid if you ask me its like let see who is the best sideslipped!!