EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › I know this is really stupid but....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I know this is really stupid but....

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
OK, OK, I know it's lame and maybe I'm a wos but paper towel rolls with skier prints are back at Shop Rite. I dig 'em.
post #2 of 24
^^^ Thanks for the chuckle this morning!
post #3 of 24
post #4 of 24
Dang! I was in Shop Rite Wednesday.

Wednesday .... Shop Rite ... kinda like Rain Man in my retirement.
post #5 of 24
I gotta ask, what is shop rite and where are they?

Are these towels their house brand or are they something I can get anywhere? I need me some paper towels with skiers on them!!
post #6 of 24
There are some gems in that list!! Thanks for the laugh. On a more serious note, where is Shop Rite?
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 
Shop Rite is a northeastern chain of supermarkets. And yes, its their house brand.
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojowilly View Post
Shop Rite is a northeastern chain of supermarkets. And yes, its their house brand.
hmmm I'm certainly in the north east, still never heard of it.

If ain't well Wegmans, well it aint' um Wegmans...
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
hmmm I'm certainly in the north east, still never heard of it.
NY isn't really NE tho.
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
NY isn't really NE tho.
Since when?? We hit the Northern border of the US (aka Canada) and the Eastern border (aka the Atlantic Ocean).
post #11 of 24
Like NJ and some parts of eastern PA ....

My early memories of SR ..... it was big news when they changed to our local stupor market to SR from "Giant Tiger" in about 1957 ....

One of the few stores on my OK list ..... they make a killer good french bread here ..... for like $1.69 ..... light years better than that fancy Panera $6.99 stuff ....

Paper towels .... I'll check them out today .... I need to go in for some cheap flowers for my anniversary.

Will report on ski towels ..... they would be a good anniversary present right?
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpy View Post

If ain't well Wegmans, well it aint' um Wegmans...
I keep telling them they need to open one in Colorado! Other than friends it's the only thing I miss about living in Northern Virginia!

I'd buy skier paper towels and second the request, is it a house brand or a national one?
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
Since when?? We hit the Northern border of the US (aka Canada) and the Eastern border (aka the Atlantic Ocean).
Since it was the younger Stuart brother's own colony.

Ya gotta go east for proper New England.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSkiGirl View Post
I keep telling them they need to open one in Colorado! Other than friends it's the only thing I miss about living in Northern Virginia!

I'd buy skier paper towels and second the request, is it a house brand or a national one?
I did a few years in VT and my number one complaint was lack of Weggies.People that had never been to one didn't understand why I was griping about a stupid grocery store, but its what I grew up with and was used to.

I didn't know they made it that far south (VA), thats cool, they are really expanding. Good company with good ethics, very good to work for I did 2 years in produce in my younger days,12-18 hours a week typically and I was eligible insurance after a year (maybe 6 months).

I believe he OP said it was a house brand, but a lot of house brands are made by the same companies and repackaged, so I'm gonna go on the hunt.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
Ya gotta go east for proper New England.
Hey captain reading comprehension, he said North East not New England, the damn similar NE abbreviations!!

Besides I think the grocery chain in question is located in new Joisy and Pennsyltucky, also not New England and even less north and east.
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
Hey captain reading comprehension, he said North East not New England, the damn similar NE abbreviations!!
I'm sure he did. I didn't. Hey, at least I didn't make a crack about upstate vs. downstate NY.

Seriously tho, anyone who thinks NY is east can drive to Boston and watch the sun rise 45mins sooner.

Quote:
Besides I think the grocery chain in question is located in new Joisy and Pennsyltucky, also not New England and even less north and east.
And Delaware; pretty much every one of my friends with pharma degrees started off by working for them or Walgreens or Rite Aid.
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Jeez, I was nervous that I would get ripped by proposing such a stupid thread. Now I'm thinking I'd better buy more before they're all gone.
post #18 of 24
I'll make no friends with this post in ...... "Grocery Wars" .... gawd, I need to get a life.

We had a Wegmans open up just "down the road" ...

I'll give them credit for "stage craft" and presentation .... The aisles are done up with that faux Euro village flair and putting those "maidens" out in period costume to hawk bread or little cheese tarts ..... that are three times what they should cost?

It worked a few times, I felt kinda "up-scale" and "yuppy" and all.

Wife .... just said please don't go there any more, you pay a lot for stuff that's just not that good.

Too funny .... but not really ....

I just figured out that our last "Old Italian Bakery" that sold to some Paki guys a couple of years ago has been (I suspect), buying at Shop-Rite and then putting the stuff for sale as home baked ... (there is a small disclaimer on the wall now that all goods may not be baked on premises. I did a comparison on a few items this week and I'm 99% sure they just buy and wrap and double the price.
post #19 of 24
I'm with Yuki on Wegmans.

Wagshall's on the other hand I will defend tooth and nail.
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post

We had a Wegmans open up just "down the road" ...

I'll give them credit for "stage craft" and presentation .... The aisles are done up with that faux Euro village flair and putting those "maidens" out in period costume to hawk bread or little cheese tarts ..... that are three times what they should cost?
.

Huh?? Really?? Are we talking about the same place? Sure you didn't walk into a Medieval Times??
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
I'm sure he did. I didn't. Hey, at least I didn't make a crack about upstate vs. downstate NY.
We don't need that, really, I mean everyone knows Upstate is waaaay better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
Seriously tho, anyone who thinks NY is east can drive to Boston and watch the sun rise 45mins sooner.
Very true, NY goes way further north than MA though. I mean hell the MA/VT line is like the halfway point of NY.
post #22 of 24
My in-laws were from WNY. Wegman's is a lot better in every way than what we have here in MA. I have never seen a grocery store that compares to it, truthfully.

Their Hoffmann hotdogs are the icing on the cake.
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1 View Post
Their Hoffmann hotdogs are the icing on the cake.
being from CNY I tend to forget that Hoffman's are a local only product. My friend's brother moved to Seattle, when my friend and I went out to visit, their mom sent us with a package of Hoffmans for him.
post #24 of 24

Shop-Rite Reeport

So, as I said, I need to get a life.

Over to Shop-Rite I went, all excited about the ski paper towels and all .... of course, with the lure of some good glazed dougnuts tweren't hard to twist my arm, but ....

Alas ...

No ski motif paper towels! Warm and fuzzy "by the fire" winter scenes and all, but no ski stuff!

Our Wegman's is kind of their "up-the-scale" and in a wealthy area one and it's pretty new .... I think it's one of their showcase stores.

The sales people for the fancy breads and sea food all have a well scripted sales pitch ... almost like acting class ... that plus the costumes ... like euro chef .... with zeeeee flap hanging over joost soooooooo and the women with the big bread cleaving off slices for your pleasure .. it is a great presentation and the display ... where art meets pastry ... but ... you have to be able to afford what you are buying!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › I know this is really stupid but....