EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › PMGear Euro shipment delayed again. I want my BROS!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PMGear Euro shipment delayed again. I want my BROS! - Page 12

post #331 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Wow, europe already??? Mine aren't supposed to be delivered until the 13th and were shipped out monday.
You know the 183s were pressed in Europe, right? Look at it this way, my pair was shipped within the continent but even then didn't arrive earlier.

Well finally it's all good, they appear to be of best quality what I've seen on all Bros so far. Can't wait to get on the 186s as well.
post #332 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
. Going beyond + 2 might put you too far off the flex sweet spot.
^^Correct, it will indeed^^

I had a shop (not my regular shop) botch the mount on my 183's last year and they ended up +2cm forward of the line. They (the skis) were certainly quick, but they definitely lost some of their favorable characteristics in longer radius turns. I wouldn't recommend it. I since had the shop move them back to the line where I've been happy as a clam for all conditions.

FWIW - I'm 5'10" 175 lbs.
post #333 of 355
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
^^Correct, it will indeed^^

I had a shop (not my regular shop) botch the mount on my 183's last year and they ended up +2cm forward of the line. They (the skis) were certainly quick, but they definitely lost some of their favorable characteristics in longer radius turns. I wouldn't recommend it. I since had the shop move them back to the line where I've been happy as a clam for all conditions.

FWIW - I'm 5'10" 175 lbs.

No worries... I wasn't thinking of going anywhere NEAR +2... I think +.5 cm should do me just fine. Thanks guys!
post #334 of 355
JPH, what shop are you taking them to?

I'm trying to decide where to have them mounted. Thinking about Summit (Framingham), Skistop (Westwood), or Wilderness House.
post #335 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
No worries... I wasn't thinking of going anywhere NEAR +2... I think +.5in should do me just fine. Thanks guys!
+0.5 cm????
post #336 of 355
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post
JPH, what shop are you taking them to?

I'm trying to decide where to have them mounted. Thinking about Summit (Framingham), Skistop (Westwood), or Wilderness House.
I will probably have mine done at Stan and Dans in N. Conway, as they are being delivered to NH. If here, I would probably have Mike do them. (Summit.) From what I have read/heard, they're the guys for tunes/shop work, and Skistop are the boot guys. I'd avoid the Wilderness House if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post
+0.5 cm????
yup.
post #337 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post
+0.5 cm????
Yes.
I'm actually at +1 cm on mine. Long story but am happy there.
post #338 of 355
Does anyone know when the new Lhasa 186 Carbons are supposed to start shipping?
post #339 of 355
On 1/5 I was told 10-12 days for the first ones. We will see.
post #340 of 355
Powder is forecasted for tommorrow with most of it seemingly near I90 in Mass.! Dowork,you might want to bushwack at the old mt. tom if you could get a snowmobile to take you up.
post #341 of 355
Another page???
might as well bro stoke this one too

Mrs. SFB diggin the 174 softs in the pow

My rig

More bum broke
post #342 of 355
The line on the 183s measures at 1048 mm straight from the tip which is where I'll mount mine. I'm pretty old school loading the tips and therefore like some beef in the front.

FWIW the very rear FR mounting line on a 190 Goat (which measures 186 straight) is at 1066 so .....the relation is about the same.
post #343 of 355

OH YEA!

Just got mine!!! Throwing some Jesters on them this weekend and skiing the shit out of them! Thanks PM Gear...will report back after I get on them.
post #344 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog View Post
Powder is forecasted for tommorrow with most of it seemingly near I90 in Mass.! Dowork,you might want to bushwack at the old mt. tom if you could get a snowmobile to take you up.
DARE ACCEPTED! My brother and I have already discussed this. We were considering taking our two trucks with a few peeps and just running laps... Parking lot access can be achieved with a bit of fanagling. It's a bit grown in up there, but doable for sure and totally worth it. The last few storms actually has a decent couple inches up there, which should keep the new stuff stuck to it. I guess it's time to DO WORK!
post #345 of 355
Bro's coming over right now to plan out the details for our proposed Friday assault on Mt Tom. If we don't get materials delivered for production by then, we're a GO FOR LAUNCH!
post #346 of 355

Too psyched

So, I took my beautiful BROs to get mounted.
Read some threads here and there about how 3mm in front of the line is the way to go and all that.
Agonized what shop to go to after reading some threads about people getting their BROs mounted wrong.
Talked at length to the shop owner about it, got remarks how 3mm don't matter. Ultimately they decided I was nuts, but harmless, took detailed notes and said the tech will call me first.
The tech did call. "3mm in front of the line? No problem. But in front of the line on which of the skis? The lines are in different locations."
post #347 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post
The tech did call. "3mm in front of the line? No problem. But in front of the line on which of the skis? The lines are in different locations."
That's how you know they didn't send you two left skis

When in doubt,find the middle by balance point IMHO, some may disagree with that approach..
post #348 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post
So,
The tech did call. "3mm in front of the line? No problem. But in front of the line on which of the skis? The lines are in different locations."
So don't mess around, give the exact mesurment in MM from the tip Tape tight. Here is one guy who told us what that was.
Double check with PM Gear and get the mesurment to the tech. It matters (ALLOT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowHog View Post
The line on the 183s measures at 1048 mm straight from the tip which is where I'll mount mine. I'm pretty old school loading the tips and therefore like some beef in the front.
.
post #349 of 355
Pat@PMG's reply: 1045 mm straight from the tip.
The lines on my BROs are actually only 2 mm apart. I was not able to get to the shop and they sounded like they were ready to throw my skis into the dumpster (I can be very annoying), so I assumed that at least one of the lines was in proper location and had them mount 3 mm in front of the golden middle. Makes the mount either at 2 or 4 mm in front. Honestly, that should not matter. I'll find out tomorrow.
post #350 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post
Pat@PMG's reply: 1045 mm straight from the tip.
The lines on my BROs are actually only 2 mm apart. I was not able to get to the shop and they sounded like they were ready to throw my skis into the dumpster (I can be very annoying), so I assumed that at least one of the lines was in proper location and had them mount 3 mm in front of the golden middle. Makes the mount either at 2 or 4 mm in front. Honestly, that should not matter. I'll find out tomorrow.
you'll be good to go. that's a pretty good shop you have there to be measure within those tolerances like that for you and to have noticed that the lines were off by only 2mm. Treat those guys well!

Oh and 196 Lhasa Pow's in the house today....my house
post #351 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
you'll be good to go. that's a pretty good shop you have there to be measure within those tolerances like that for you and to have noticed that the lines were off by only 2mm. Treat those guys well!

Oh and 196 Lhasa Pow's in the house today....my house
Treat them well for sure. A good shop tech is tough to find.

If it were me I would show up with a brown paper bag containing a 6 er of some good BEER and A bottle of Yeager
post #352 of 355
Got mine last night! They're gorgeous and lighter than my mojos were flat, which are shorter and skinnier. Everything about them oozes quality and I can't wait to get them mounted! Nice round flex too- I can't wait to scream into some blower pow with these babies... Here's a few pics to get 'yall stoked up.

Look at that! A real life Quivah!


The pics do it no justice. Really.



Now can we PLEASE get the title of this thread changed to "PM Gear 183: Worth the wait and then some!" with a smiley face, pretty please with cold smoke on top!?!?!?!?!
post #353 of 355
I know this is a thread on the 183's, but these babies just arrived yesterday, and I am more than a little giddy

oops a little blurry


some graphical detail


bit o camber


bit o rocker


strength





and honour...
post #354 of 355
Ty, can't wait to see some stoke footage from those bad boys! Keep us posted!
post #355 of 355
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Got mine last night! They're gorgeous and lighter than my mojos were flat, which are shorter and skinnier. Everything about them oozes quality and I can't wait to get them mounted! Nice round flex too- I can't wait to scream into some blower pow with these babies... Here's a few pics to get 'yall stoked up.

Look at that! A real life Quivah!


The pics do it no justice. Really.



Now can we PLEASE get the title of this thread changed to "PM Gear 183: Worth the wait and then some!" with a smiley face, pretty please with cold smoke on top!?!?!?!?!
I must say, I agree! I started a new one last night, thinking that we could just let this one die. Move your stoke to here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › PMGear Euro shipment delayed again. I want my BROS!