EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › 08-09 Gear monger awards!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

08-09 Gear monger awards! - Page 2

Poll Results: Who is the most over-the-top gear whore for 08-09?

 
  • 7% (3)
    Rossi Smash
  • 17% (7)
    Volantaddict
  • 5% (2)
    Finndog
  • 0% (0)
    Muleskis
  • 2% (1)
    Atomicman
  • 22% (9)
    Philpug
  • 5% (2)
    Risetothetop
  • 20% (8)
    Richie-Rich
  • 0% (0)
    Spyderjon
  • 2% (1)
    skifishbum
  • 0% (0)
    stvbck
  • 0% (0)
    Norskier
  • 0% (0)
    Ghost
  • 2% (1)
    skiracer55
  • 0% (0)
    carbonismo
  • 10% (4)
    Heluvaskier
  • 2% (1)
    Wildcat
  • 0% (0)
    energygrail
  • 0% (0)
    SkiMerlin
  • 0% (0)
    Newfydog
  • 0% (0)
    U.P. Racer
  • 2% (1)
    TMAS29
  • 0% (0)
    Carvemeister
  • 0% (0)
    nlee
  • 0% (0)
    alpinedad
40 Total Votes  
post #31 of 58
Does the ski count include expendable quivers? ie, I have full access to 2 pairs of Blizzard WC GS skis, 2 pairs of Blizzard WC SL skis, a pair of Racetiger RCs, and Karmas to add onto my 2xSL, 2xGS, DH, SG, Tigershark 12s, EnergY320s, and my half done custom boards. Would my quiver be 9+6 to bring it to 15 pair? I mean, I did purchase the Blizzards, Racetigers, and Karmas, but...
post #32 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
Does the ski count include expendable quivers? ie, I have full access to 2 pairs of Blizzard WC GS skis, 2 pairs of Blizzard WC SL skis, a pair of Racetiger RCs, and Karmas to add onto my 2xSL, 2xGS, DH, SG, Tigershark 12s, EnergY320s, and my half done custom boards. Would my quiver be 9+6 to bring it to 15 pair? I mean, I did purchase the Blizzards, Racetigers, and Karmas, but...
Thats why I put you in the running
post #33 of 58
quickk9 nomination

Of course he's bartering gear for a trip to SLC from me for the past month. Unfortunately he's wearing me down too!

But he's still somewhere around 2 dozen skis. Never mind the skiers edge boots etc etc etc

The complicated lives some people lead ....
post #34 of 58
I post my quiver in another thread and I am still not here?

I take the risk of CT55 showing the picture on my "quiver" thread to my GF and I am still not here?

This was a bad risk on my part.
post #35 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post
Thats why I put you in the running
Makes sense to me now... call me a gear whore all you want now...
post #36 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickk9 View Post
I post my quiver in another thread and I am still not here?

I take the risk of CT55 showing the picture on my "quiver" thread to my GF and I am still not here?

This was a bad risk on my part.
Sorry you surely qualify...mods can you add quickk9 to the contest roster......
post #37 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct55 View Post
The complicated lives some people lead ....
I just assumed it was all part of being single.
post #38 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post
A guy with 3 skis and that lives in the desert and skis 5 days a year is more worthy of a vote than a guy who has 20 pairs of skis but is a shop owner, and also patrols, and lives in Vail! We are looking for the true gear whore in its purest sense.
R-R, you got my vote
post #39 of 58
And the winner is...........







I bet he's wearing his new boots too
post #40 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
And the winner is...........







I bet he's wearing his new boots too

I have a picture like that... exept I'm 16 and about to run my first downhill... I was praying to the gods.
post #41 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAS29 View Post
I have a picture like that... exept I'm 16 and about to run my first downhill... I was praying to the gods.
Did it work? hmm...
post #42 of 58
I just remembered the amount of Leki Alu/Carbon poles I have... I'm sooo screwed. 2SL, 1GS, 1 Freeski, 1DH/SG, plus a cute pole bag to carry them all.
post #43 of 58
Thread Starter 
Pole bag....LOL..........and I was beginning to think my 5 ski bags were silly.










* I need a pole bag...shhhhhhhh
post #44 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post
Pole bag....LOL..........and I was beginning to think my 5 ski bags were silly.


* I need a pole bag...shhhhhhhh
I need more ski bags :/.
post #45 of 58
I once had a zillion skis. I now have 2.

The more I collected, the more confused I became. I'd bring 5 pair to the hill. A mess.

Even after choosing, I'd often return, hoofing my skis back to the car because I'd selected the "wrong" weapon.

Truth was, they were all fine - just my addled brain.

I now only bring 2 pair to the hill. Much easier: Deep snow or not?

Simpler is better.
post #46 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato View Post
I once had a zillion skis. I now have 2.

The more I collected, the more confused I became. I'd bring 5 pair to the hill. A mess.

Even after choosing, I'd often return, hoofing my skis back to the car because I'd selected the "wrong" weapon.

Truth was, they were all fine - just my addled brain.

I now only bring 2 pair to the hill. Much easier: Deep snow or not?

Simpler is better.
You and dookey67 ought to get together for a love in.
post #47 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
And the winner is...........







I bet he's wearing his new boots too
Take the price tag off..are you raising a gaper?????
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Take the price tag off..are you raising a gaper?????
Agreed. My kids actually have used gear that had lots of stickers and rental shop info I removed with acetone and goo gone before I would let them play with it. I stole that photo from another thread. That kid is well on his way to being the mac daddy of gear whores.
post #49 of 58
Great picture!

My son has been wearing his boots and even skis inside the house when he can get away with it. He's 6 though
post #50 of 58
being single is no where NEAR as complicated as getting married believe me!

Compound your stuff issues by the wife and kids too ... wouldn't trade it though.
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct55 View Post
Great picture!

My son has been wearing his boots and even skis inside the house when he can get away with it. He's 6 though
I let our kids (age 4 and 6) do that too, but only play with skis in the yard because we have hardwood floors. I'm sure it will help having the experience walking around in the skis when they get back on the hill.
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
I was torn about picking you or Finndog. I know he's unloaded skis before skiing them at all, but I think you make up for that in volume.

well,,,, ski's bought and not skied (or mounted) this fall

gots
im82's
something ese, but I can't remember,,,,
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post
Actually, Dookey67 and I skied together a few weeks ago at A-Basin.

He's a cool guy, and a colorful story-teller. Good ski company!

If my thinking was simpler, I'd juggle the wall of skis in my garage, and make suitable choices (still have Volants too ).

But, too many choices short-circuit my CPU.

I suffer from "the grass is greener", syndrome.
post #54 of 58
bump!
post #55 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post
Pole bag....LOL..........and I was beginning to think my 5 ski bags were silly.

* I need a pole bag...shhhhhhhh
My pole bag just came in, and, oddly enough, was once used by the Austrian Ski Team. I has 3 names written on the Leki letters - Raich, Gruber, and Scheiber, followed by AUT4. It also has a return address on both ends of the bag. Makes me laugh because it came from Erik Fisher of the US Ski Team.

Anyway, pole bag is big, and can hold about 10 pairs. I only have 5 in there now, 2 Viper Venom SL's (identical size), Viper Venom GS's, SG/DH, and Viper Venom Ventrix for freeskiing. Makes lugging poles to the mountain much easier, especially for group trips when we have 8 or 9 pairs of poles.
post #56 of 58
Plug: I just got some Rockers.
post #57 of 58
I've already skied at least an hour on all four pair that I bought in the off season. Time to start shopping again.
post #58 of 58
I'm five different pairs for five different days
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › 08-09 Gear monger awards!