- topicBootfittingtagged by System, 4/12/09
Related Forum Threads
- Boot buying - do I need a custom fitting? Last post on 10/16/16 at 5:36am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Is off-piste skiing hard on knees? Last post on 10/4/16 at 8:47pm in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
- Flex for a 6'3" 200lbs beginner? Last post on 7/25/16 at 9:16am in Ski Gear Discussion
- boot size Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:22am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Was Fit for New Dalbellos - Question on Process Last post on 12/29/15 at 7:03am in Ask the Boot Guys
How To Get Your Boots On And Off
Last edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
- The Foot And Its Role In Skiing By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Good reason for a Chick to have a Fit! - Page 2post #32 of 4812/1/08 at 3:17pmThread Starterpost #33 of 4812/2/08 at 5:45ampost #34 of 4812/2/08 at 8:07ampost #35 of 4812/2/08 at 8:21ampost #36 of 4812/2/08 at 8:51ampost #37 of 4812/2/08 at 3:37pmThread Starterpost #38 of 4812/2/08 at 3:41pm
The ID liner certainly does make the whole boot stiffer.post #39 of 4812/2/08 at 5:11pmpost #40 of 4812/2/08 at 5:18pmpost #41 of 4812/2/08 at 11:02pmThread Starterpost #42 of 4812/3/08 at 5:29ampost #43 of 4812/3/08 at 5:39ampost #44 of 4812/3/08 at 6:39amThread Starterpost #45 of 482/3/09 at 1:51pm
Sorry for the delay. After 15 days on the new and improved footbeds, I can say definitively that they rock! At first, having posts under my big toes was causing a little irritation, but now I am accustomed to them and that is no longer an issue, just better connection to the ski.post #46 of 484/7/09 at 6:52amThread Starter
Some time has passed and I've followed through with plans to get custom foot beds.
The intent was to get a synergy apt with my boot guy so that he could assess my "on slope" angles.
I have always had a significant Q angle when I ski but never cared because I overcame with brut strength, but as I get older, I'm finding that its necessary to ski more efficiently and the Q angle had to go.
I went in to see Jim and see if he could get on snow with me(after I had cancelled two previous apts with him due to a family health crisis)
He didn't have time to get on the slope with me but he did have time to make two impressions of my feet for instaprint foot beds.(weighted and unweighted)
He posted the weighted version of the foot beds which immediately felt like home to my feet.
However.......here it comes......the support that my arches were begging for also positioned my feet to need a size smaller boot.
I shoulda listened to Bud when he said to get the foot beds done before getting boots.
Jim put some shims in the boots to take up volume, but it was clear that I would need some tweeking and we were out of time because he was squeezing me in between appointments.
I resorted to the Trim to fit foot beds to finish out the season with intentions of getting new, smaller boots next season. Honestly the Pink Trim to fits that Phil recommended are great for an off the shelf product so it wasn't the worst case scenario.
Big Sky ESA:
I took the custom foot beds to BigSky to seize the opportunity of having Bud do a synergy analysis, and see if we could do something. The great convenience of this is that My Jim and My Bud have a mutual respect for each other's work. Yay me!!!
Bud inserted a bit smaller shim than Jim had inserted, and fitted my custom (weighted) foot beds for my liners.
He also skied in my group at ESA to analyze my alignment when skiing, with a follow up boot apt off slope. Working his magic with his planer, (In Squatty's words) Bud Fixed me!!!!
One thing that impressed me as I discussed this with Bud and Phil during apres' ski, is that both guys show a great deal of respect for the art of building a good footbed. While Bud planed my boots and adjusted my alignment, he didn't disrupt the posting of the footbeds that Jim built.
In an industry where its difficult to find two people who think alike about any one product, I'm grateful that I found the boot guys who respect one another and service the individual with a mutual goal.
Thanks to those involved in this process.
The on slope analysis is priceless!!!
I have some seriously happy feet!
Edited by Trekchick - 4/8/2009 at 12:13 am GMTpost #47 of 484/7/09 at 1:12pmpost #48 of 484/7/09 at 1:23pmThread StarterQuote:
After examining me with his special Plumb Bob, Bud determined that I needed 2* change on my left boot and 2 1/2* on my right boot.
- Good reason for a Chick to have a Fit!
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Bode News 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer