or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Question about the EpicSki Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Question about the EpicSki Lounge

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I know that access to the lounge is one of the benefits to becoming a "supporter" but every time I look down there there's only like 2 or 3 people viewing. So is it really worth it to become a supporter?
post #2 of 25
not really, but you could easily spend 20 bucks at the local Pub, and pi$$ that away.

So?
post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
not really, but you could easily spend 20 bucks at the local Pub, and pi$$ that away.

So?
I don't drink.
post #4 of 25
the $20 is not to get into a blocked forum, its to help with the overall site, since you have obviously have enjoyed yourself immensely over the past week, I think the issue of parting with a measely $20.00 is laughable, just right it off as a charitable contribution or advertising of your r shameless self-promotion....
post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post
the $20 is not to get into a blocked forum, its to help with the overall site, since you have obviously have enjoyed yourself immensely over the past week, I think the issue of parting with a measely $20.00 is laughable, just right it off as a charitable contribution or advertising of your r shameless self-promotion....
So you want me to pay for something I can get for free. Ok.
post #6 of 25
You serve more value up here.

And besides, if you ain't in the lounge you can't see what we say behind your back.

Cheerio old chap ...
post #7 of 25
2 or 3 may be viewing at a time however, there can be some interesting stuff there. For some members, it's the only place they post. Some places can get very heated, others can get extremely silly. The rules are a little more relaxed there. You can learn completely different sides of people there.

One benefit - it's not searched by google-that I know of.
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
So you want me to pay for something I can get for free. Ok.
sure, continue to be a free-loader. What's $20 to someone of your stature and financial ability? OTH, it is better for me to read the posts about you that you can't respond to ......
post #9 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post
sure, continue to be a free-loader. What's $20 to someone of your stature and financial ability? OTH, it is better for me to read the posts about you that you can't respond to ......
Thank you for helping me make my decision.
post #10 of 25
you are welcome!
post #11 of 25
I say give the $20 to one of these places:

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...me=donate_home

..and continue to post among the unwashed masses.


What's really wierd is that I don't drink either and I have a "chaos star" tattooed on my back. Maybe I am you.
post #12 of 25
why not all 3 then?
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
What's really wierd is that I don't drink either and I have a "chaos star" tattooed on my back. Maybe I am you.
Or maybe the tattoo is a sign that he puts on all his conquests...
post #14 of 25
Some folks listen to NPR and Public Television and never contribute a penny. Others, like me, are members because we like to pay our own way.
I have no animosity toward those who don't pay and appreciate their participation because they usually contribute to the overall success of EPIC with their comments.
I do hope that when their ability to buy a week of cable TV is no longer a significant purchase they will consider membership.
post #15 of 25
I am a supporter because I feel that this is a worthy site. I have met the Epic ski "royalty" and find them all to be honorable, knowlegable folks. I have learned a lot from these forums over the years and to me it is worth supporting. I rarely if ever go to the lounge, but I do read from the new posts listings daily. Enjoy yourself here and if the urge appears become a supporter.
post #16 of 25
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuronix View Post
I would never leave Epic. I love it here.
post #18 of 25
Bar sinister child he was or is but, but, whatever. I guess?
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wear The Fox Hat View Post
Or maybe the tattoo is a sign that he puts on all his conquests...

Tramp Stamp

post #20 of 25
I just made my first post in the lounge and received an very "ignorant" reception. Not what I would expect around here.
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowbirdDevotee View Post
...received an very "ignorant" reception.
No doubt about that.
post #22 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowbirdDevotee View Post
I just made my first post in the lounge and received an very "ignorant" reception. Not what I would expect around here.
That's because you're dealing with people who paid for something that they can get for free. How smart could they possibly be? How smart could you possibly be?
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
I know that access to the lounge is one of the benefits to becoming a "supporter" but every time I look down there there's only like 2 or 3 people viewing. So is it really worth it to become a supporter?
I would have thought there would be a line of 100 bunnies in front of your place! What's up with this, Bad Economy?
525x525px-LL-vbattach4434.jpg
post #24 of 25
Is that a pair of snowblades leaning against the wall?
post #25 of 25
Mr. Chaos, I've not posted in your threads anymore because I fear your awesomeness and don't want to be burnt by your shinning brilliance. Please don't go into the lounge for I fear you will blind me. Thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Question about the EpicSki Lounge