Originally Posted by northwestnumber1
Has anyone here skied the scott skis?
I was one of the rude people who suggested searching. Why?
1) your post made no mention of what year, and since this season has barely begun, took you syntax at its face and assumed this was a global question. To which there have been numerous posts, especially about the Missions and P4's.
2) Nor did you mention you were a dealer; your question might have been interpreted differently if you had.
3) the fact that you felt the need to say, "yes the people who make the googles and poles..." suggested that you were behind the curve compared to most folks here, who are well aware that Scott makes skis. That in turn reinforced the sense that you were new to the community and could benefit by doing a search.
4) In your second post on this thread, you contradict yourself by first stating that a) you didn't bother to search, but then that b) it bugs you when people say to search, assuming you haven't. Well, guess what, you haven't.
5) Many of us feel that what's rude is new posters asking questions that have been asked and answered repeatedly without bothering to search. And then complain if we suggest a search. Or call it self-absorption: "My question is so unique/urgent/deep that I should not have to observe standard protocol all over the web. Or go to any trouble on my own. Tell me what I want to know NOW."
So who exactly has the attitude here? You should go try TGR as an experiment.