New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Als ski Barn Thumbs Up

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I know a lot of people here buy from BC. I do the same. I was looking for deals on skis for my daughter, and myself, and found some great deals at Al's. They had rock bottom prices, great customer service, mounted, and shipped for free. They were very helpful on setting my skis up. Even with the BC discount, it was cheaper for me to buy at Al's, than have my bindings installed somewhere else.
I promised them I would give them a thumbs up, if I received everything ok, and today I did. So if you cannot find something at BC, just give them a call, and no I have absoultely nothing to do with their store.

Lee
post #2 of 16
they have some solid deals on older model skis. depending on which skis i decide to get i may order from them.
post #3 of 16
I try to buy from the local ski shops. But a couple years ago I was able to buy a ski from Als Ski Barn that was just coming out on the market and not yet available at the local shops. And I was able to get it at a price that was lower than I would have been able to get it from the local shops (had it been available).
post #4 of 16
I bought a pair there last year. I paid $120 for rossi axial 2 TI bindings and that included the mount. They were really good about answering questions before I made the purchase.
post #5 of 16
Al's has been a reliable source for wide brakes for Look/Rossi pivots.
post #6 of 16
I bought my 7 year old son's skis and boots from them, mainly because they had what I wanted and nobody else did. The local shops said they would order for me but at full MSRP. Of course they would

The problem with some of the local places is they stock less and less so you often need to order from them to get what you want. I know they can't hold large inventories but I may as well order it myself online if I need to take two trips to the shop and wait for it to come in, etc. I don't know if it is the norm but it also seems like if I need to order what I want from the shop it costs more than if it were sitting on their floor too.

I didn't find Al's prices all that great IF you are shopping by price alone.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL View Post
I didn't find Al's prices all that great IF you are shopping by price alone.
Not even close to great. But reliable advice and one of the few places I trust to mount on spec alone, nice selection of hard to find older stuff if you're into that.
post #8 of 16
Yes...I like Al's. Prices are decent...but the service and reliability are quite good.
post #9 of 16
The owner is a good guy, passionate about the ski business. Long before this was on-line, he was making a very good living buying new old stock equipment from the ski companies, running ski swaps, etc. and running a small retail ski business. This guy knows what he's doing. My hunch is that he's able to acquire good product at good prices, because of long-standing relationships.

Along with the Ski Depot, Al's is really a ski "shop" with business done on line. If you can live with year-old stuff, and visit his site regularly, you can do well. Then they'll help you from there.
I was skeptical when the business first started, but all that I hear is positive. I've bought from him and it's all been good.
post #10 of 16
Yeah, I have nothing but great things to say about Al's. Not always the best prices, but their service is top notch. We bought two pair of skis/bindings/poles/boots last Christmas as gifts to my wife's little brother and little sister (both college age) and it worked out great. Got a good deal on 1-2 year old gear (good stuff too), and it shipped to them mounted and ready to ski. I've bought a bunch of other stuff from them over the years, and they once got me some replacement parts for bindings when other shops didn't even know how to order them.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleski View Post
The owner is a good guy, passionate about the ski business. Long before this was on-line, he was making a very good living buying new old stock equipment from the ski companies, running ski swaps, etc. and running a small retail ski business. This guy knows what he's doing. My hunch is that he's able to acquire good product at good prices, because of long-standing relationships.

Along with the Ski Depot, Al's is really a ski "shop" with business done on line. If you can live with year-old stuff, and visit his site regularly, you can do well. Then they'll help you from there.
I was skeptical when the business first started, but all that I hear is positive. I've bought from him and it's all been good.
This is good to know. I have enjoyed doing business with him and reading he's a good guy just makes it more worthwhile to shop there.
post #12 of 16

I've had great luck with Al's. They know their stuff, communicate well and are accommodating of special requests.

post #13 of 16

You joined yesterday, and have 3 posts bumping ancient threads on Al's Ski Barn

[Edit:  Mod asked me to retract my critiscism of shilling ]

 

One bump would have sufficed giving praise to Al's Ski Barn for their great service

 

Enjoy your time at Epic Ski.


Edited by ARL67 - 3/14/17 at 8:17am
post #14 of 16

Actually I bought a new pair of skis from them last week (Line Opus) and they did some incredibly good things for me. And yes I wanted to give them a splash of credit. If that's a bad thing in the cynical world of online marketing then I apologize.

post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidahPowdah View Post

Actually I bought a new pair of skis from them last week (Line Opus) and they did some incredibly good things for me. And yes I wanted to give them a splash of credit. If that's a bad thing in the cynical world of online marketing then I apologize.


 



Sorry for the poor welcome to EpicSki. The built-in Search function is a bit weird but comes with everything else in the software platform used. It tends to return old threads that are relevant but very dated. So you were bumping threads that had been dormant for >5 years. Most people aren't used to a forum that has been around as long as EpicSki. You can check the date of a post in the top corner.

Unfortunately, most people tend to post complaints instead of compliments. Glad you had a good experience. I'm sure lurkers who live near an Al's Ski Barn appreciate the input.
post #16 of 16

I have purchased from Al's Ski Barn online in the past, including this year and have found great deals and quick shipments.  untracked.com

 

(I have close to 10,000 posts and joined in 2004.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion