EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › 600 Inches - Ski Flick Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

600 Inches - Ski Flick Review

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I should have done this earlier, but I wanted to do a review on another new ski movie. The company is Storm Show Productions, based here in Jackson, and the movie is called "600 Inches". The title is an homage to last winter's unbelievable winter in Jackson Hole.

The movie is great.

Multiple times better than the TGR flick (Under The Influence") that I reviewed a couple months ago. Here's the poster:



And you can view the trailer and buy the dvd here:

http://www.stormshow.com/600/index.html

It's worth it.
post #2 of 11
600 Inches?

I'd be happy with 1/50 of that.

The trailer is awesome. Those weather reports at the beginning are killing me ("another 14" inches today and 4 feet so far this week" - isn't life hard?).

Jackson Hole is THE ultimate ski destination in North America. Whistler is a decent 2nd. But, nothing matches the snow quality, depth and terrain of JH.

Dude, God was kind to you!
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato View Post
Jackson Hole is THE ultimate ski destination in North America. Whistler is a decent 2nd. But, nothing matches the snow quality, depth and terrain of JH.
Quoted for truth.
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato View Post
600 Inches?

I'd be happy with 1/50 of that.

The trailer is awesome. Those weather reports at the beginning are killing me ("another 14" inches today and 4 feet so far this week" - isn't life hard?).

Jackson Hole is THE ultimate ski destination in North America. Whistler is a decent 2nd. But, nothing matches the snow quality, depth and terrain of JH.

Dude, God was kind to you!
Dude, I cannot disagree. I love it here.

I'm on my way to Togwotee Pass early tomorrow morning to see what kind of snow there is up there.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato View Post
Jackson Hole is THE ultimate ski destination in North America. Whistler is a decent 2nd. But, nothing matches the snow quality, depth and terrain of JH.
Snowbird is a much closer second than Whistler with it's cascade cement powder. ( Whistler, yuck! )
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahPowderPig View Post
Snowbird is a much closer second than Whistler with it's cascade cement powder. ( Whistler, yuck! )
I also agree with this statement. Snowbird is my easy number 2. In fact, depending on conditions at the time, Snowbird and Jackson could flip flop back and forth. That's the only one though. I'd rather ski bad snow at Jackson than good snow at most places.

By the way, I ordered "600"
post #7 of 11
Storm Show puts out great flics. I'll have to get that one too - I picked up "300 Inches" which was there feature last year. Great JH footage.
post #8 of 11
having spent several seasons in both the sierras and the northern rockies while competing on the BM tour, I would take a season of west coast snow over rockie any season. Why?










nevermind. learn for yourself.

On topic, this film looks sick. I specifically like the ski/sail shot closing the trailer.
post #9 of 11
I was also at the 600 show and really enjoyed it. I love stormshow movies, because they are honest. No heli time, few "proffesional" skiers, and great local JH terrain. It shows that anyone can make a good ski film with dedication and drive. I hear people whine all the time about how they can't afford the heli trip to ski the rad terrain. I believe that every one of the shots in 600 was hiked for. We can do it too!
post #10 of 11
Best ski movie i have seen this year (thus far) has been AK The Hard Way.

It's another "regular" folks making turns they earned (as opposed to being spancered and riding lushly in 'copters) type joint with much more of a human and emotional aspect to it.

Highly recommended.

http://www.adventurefilmworks.com/


I liked it so much I bought like 20 copies to give out to my closest ski buds.
post #11 of 11
Wow, too bad the EpicSki Gathering has to suffer those conditions and that terrain.

600" of Stoke!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › 600 Inches - Ski Flick Review