New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lousy time of the year

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
At least in this "neck of the woods". Probably played golf for the last time last weekend and now have to endure the "in between" season waiting for some snowmaking to start here. Getting real ancy to start skiing again. Probably a couple of dozen things I could around the house to make good use of my time.

Went to Dick's last Sunday, to buy a light fleece top was walking to the register and turned around and put it back. Bought a big bag of Scott's lawn winterizer instead with the money,so I could be sure to be moving the lawn again early next year!
post #2 of 17

Solution...

...move to Colorado. I already have 6 days in at Loveland, it's snowing even as we speak, and everything else ought to be open by next weekend...oh yeah, and I almost forgot, yesterday it was 68 degrees in Boulder, and I went road biking in summer clothes, and the day before I played two hours of tennis...
post #3 of 17
Dude - you sound depressed.

Take a few days off and board a cheap $69 Southwest flight for CO.

This weekend should be great.

I'll even pick you up at the airport (no kidding).

We have a spare bedroom, and "Buddy" tickets at Vail Resorts.
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato View Post
Dude - you sound depressed.

Take a few days off and board a cheap $69 Southwest flight for CO.

This weekend should be great.

I'll even pick you up at the airport (no kidding).

We have a spare bedroom, and "Buddy" tickets at Vail Resorts.

Ill do it. meet you at denver airport? lol
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by trtaylor View Post
Ill do it. meet you at denver airport? lol
All I need is your arrival time, and flight number.

We have the snow, and we're willing to share.

This time of year, A-Basin, Loveland, Breck and Keystone are all good.
post #6 of 17
I wish i could but i got finals coming up. I will be out there in summit country jan 6th though. We got a studio at keystone for $85/ night. We will prolly be driving to breck and vail every day and coming back to night ski at keystone.
post #7 of 17
Dayum.....thats a nice offer.
post #8 of 17
Beats watching the snowline go above the top of the local ski hill over the last 3 weeks.

At least there are lots of fall chores according to the OH.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundturns View Post
and now have to endure the "in between" season waiting for some snowmaking to start here.
This time of year definitely sucks. If I could hibernate til mid-December that'd be pretty sweet, lol.
post #10 of 17
It's a blessing. Makes you appreciate those turns all the more.
Nothing is more magical than having a beer after your first real good day on your local hill and laughing with your friends.
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski=free View Post
Nothing is more magical then having a beer after your first real good day on your local hill and laughing with you friends.
Absolutely!
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundturns View Post
At least in this "neck of the woods". Probably played golf for the last time last weekend and now have to endure the "in between" season waiting for some snowmaking to start here. Getting real ancy to start skiing again. Probably a couple of dozen things I could around the house to make good use of my time.

Went to Dick's last Sunday, to buy a light fleece top was walking to the register and turned around and put it back. Bought a big bag of Scott's lawn winterizer instead with the money,so I could be sure to be moving the lawn again early next year!
I ve been mountain biking at least a couple nights a week at night and have realized the weather outside may look crappy, but if your out in the gloom its seems a lot less gloomy.

If you want to come one of these weekends(I dont have an extra light for you to ride at night) I would be glad to let you borrow one of my bikes.
post #13 of 17
I've also been biking at night on my local MUP, I'm off the streets for now. My first ski day is in a week!
post #14 of 17
I do agree that this is a lousy time of the year. We are getting lots of rain for the last few days and tonight we'll get some snow. Most of my bike training is now indoors.

I have one last mtb race tomorrow (25 mile race) and it looks like it will be on snowy trails with lots of leaves and probably lots of mud. I hope I won't regret doing it.
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the generous offers. I just looked at Accuweather and the next 15 days is continuously cold at night and even some of the days . I didn't see any rain mixed in either(that always has a way of changing). I think snowmaking here in SW Pa. starts up Sunday night or Monday, and we open with limited skiing this coming Saturday, and have the whole front side open at Seven Springs the next weekend.

Trying to get a meeting in Colorado arranged in early Dec with a customer allowing a tag along ski trip. So here it comes(I hope).
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato View Post
Dude - you sound depressed.

Take a few days off and board a cheap $69 Southwest flight for CO.

This weekend should be great.

I'll even pick you up at the airport (no kidding).

We have a spare bedroom, and "Buddy" tickets at Vail Resorts.
My flight arrives at 3 pm today...see you at the airport
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20allyear View Post
My flight arrives at 3 pm today...see you at the airport

I'll be there. Just hold-up a sign in the baggage claim area saying: "H20".

Later, we'll do Banff and Lake Louise up in your neck of the woods. A stunningly beautiful place.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion