or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Summit County 14-17 Dec

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
I'll be out skiing for my first turns of the season 14-17 Dec. Would love to hook up with anyone who's up for it and have an Epic Pass.

Can't wait to see old friends and hopefully meet some new ones

I'm game for any of the areas on any day and will not rule out Loveland or Copper for a day.

Will also post in the roll call thread as this gets closer.
post #2 of 41
Excellent Jim…we’ll see you soon!
post #3 of 41
Let me know if you want to meet up that Monday and Tuesday. Those are the days off I have from Loveland and would love to meet up with you guys.
post #4 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDenver View Post
Excellent Jim…we’ll see you soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGnar View Post
Let me know if you want to meet up that Monday and Tuesday. Those are the days off I have from Loveland and would love to meet up with you guys.
Can't wait to get this season started and looking forward to skiing with all of you and more again.

I must say that skiing is 1B on my list of favorite activities and on a POWDER day it might be 1A (Annie will not see this).

I'm really pysched to get out there.
post #5 of 41
Jim,
Looking forward to making a few days with you!
If you need a place to crash, let us know, the Man Cave is Sitting empty most week days!
They say the White Flu will be effecting more people this year on Mondays then the same people it effected in years past on Fridays!
post #6 of 41
I'll be up on the 15, 16 and 17 (staying in Eagle-Vail).

Post your whereabouts on the roll-call thread and we'll try to connect (Epic Pass resorts only - no Copper).
post #7 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiddyup View Post
Can't wait to get this season started and looking forward to skiing with all of you and more again.

I must say that skiing is 1B on my list of favorite activities and on a POWDER day it might be 1A (Annie will not see this).

I'm really pysched to get out there.
You sure about that? Will your bride be joining you? Monique would enjoy skiing with her again.
post #8 of 41
Hey Jim!
How's it going?
Sorry I won't be there in Dec, but if you're about the first week in March, now that would be a different story :-)
CW
post #9 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardweg View Post
Hey Jim!
How's it going?
Sorry I won't be there in Dec, but if you're about the first week in March, now that would be a different story :-)
CW
Hey Graham it looks like I'll miss you by a couple weeks in March, but I'm sure you'll have a blast

And Kneale, Annie would love to get together with Monique again. She'll probably be out with me 28 Mar - 11 Apr.
post #10 of 41
Hi Jim,
Your timing is incredible. My son, Tim and I will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 17th.
Looking forward to seeing you and Don and Mr Vertical and the rest, new and old.
Pray for snow, lots of it.
Gary
post #11 of 41
Gary,
Sounds like a "LMC " (Let's Meet CO.) 1.0 2008-2009 edition is in the makings! Same thing if you don't mind a little driving, we got room @ the Cave!
Still a little lite in the Snow department, but it only takes one.
Looking foward, checking the sick day inventory!
post #12 of 41
Hi Glen,
I wanted to see the man cave last year but just didn't get there. If the dates work for you, it is kind of you to offer your new abode. Tim, the boarder, and I fly in on the 13th and plan to stay in Denver (west side) to help acclimate to the altitude.
I'll call or send a PM when the dates get a little closer.
Thanks and looking forward to seeing and skiing with everybody again. Hope your son can make it a day or two - We will be overrun with boarders.
I like your note about LMC1.

Gary
post #13 of 41
I went up to the basin yesterday and did some top to bottom runs, and honestly, it did not suck.

Beautiful day, snow as fine for early season, no ice. I expected to stay for an hour or two, but ended up there for almost five hours gettin the legs back in shape.

Looking forward to another epic season in Summit!
post #14 of 41
Little Bump!
Here's how it looked @ my Back Country Stash this past Sunday.
About 36" all around & right now it's happening, with more in the report for the week!
525x525px-LL-vbattach4373.jpg
post #15 of 41
Beautiful pic, Mr. V!
post #16 of 41
Thanks!
Hit almost 50 degrees Sunday!
But it's snowing now, so all is Good!
Hope to make some turns again with you this season?
post #17 of 41
Sure hope so Tentatively plan to be out there for the first full week of April.
post #18 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vertical View Post
Thanks!
Hit almost 50 degrees Sunday!
But it's snowing now, so all is Good!
Hope to make some turns again with you this season?
Snow is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI-3PO View Post
Sure hope so Tentatively plan to be out there for the first full week of April.
I'll be out that week as well Scott


Bumping this up until tomorrow when I return from SNOWY Halifax, NS.

Sunday the 14th is looking like Loveland and I'll firm that up tomorrow evening.

If forecast holds it could be VERY GOOD
post #19 of 41
Hi Scott, Jim, Glen, etc,
I would expect to be in Summit County the first week of April as well.
Jim, if it is going to be really cold this Sunday (10 above - windy?) - I'd vote to maybe hold off on Loveland. Maybe ski where we can get a little tree protection. Any thoughts?
It sounded like we might be able to hook up with Mr Vertical and Don - any thoughts guys on which resort to hit first?
Looking forward to being in the mtns!
See you all soon.
Gary
post #20 of 41
A-Basin and Keystone have very little terrain open (as of yesterday). Breck has quite a bit open with good snow (as of this morning), although getting across is a bit of a pain with E chair closed. Vail will likely be a mad-house this weekend with BSB opening.
post #21 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisasy View Post
A-Basin and Keystone have very little terrain open (as of yesterday). Breck has quite a bit open with good snow (as of this morning), although getting across is a bit of a pain with E chair closed. Vail will likely be a mad-house this weekend with BSB opening.
Breck is certainly a viable alternative as I have an epicpass. Let's play it by weather and make the call Saturday evening.

Probably not going to hit the basin this trip unless they open west wall etc...

Can't wait to see all of you again and make my 1st turns of the season
post #22 of 41
How about the Beav on Sun the 14th. & Vail on Monday the 15th?
post #23 of 41
Good morning Faisasy, Great to have the local reports.
I looked at Keystone & was surprised to see that only about 5% was open even after last weeks snow? A basin seems to have shut down a little terrain as well.
I haven't been at BC for several years so BC & Vail sounds good. Breck or Copper sound good too.
Where's Don?
Gary
post #24 of 41
Jim, Gary…Trying to finish up a business project over this weekend and will take some time off beginning next week I’ll call in the next couple of days
post #25 of 41
JIm et al,
Have a great couple of days - thinking of you all. . . jealously
CW :-)
post #26 of 41
So if anyone want's to join in on the fun, Sunday @ the Beav, let it be known, we got extra room if space is needed on Sunday night. also the cook Sunday night, spent time @ the CIA!
post #27 of 41
I am hoping to be up on Sunday; and by the way, the West Wall at the Basin was open last Sunday.
post #28 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vertical View Post
So if anyone want's to join in on the fun, Sunday @ the Beav, let it be known, we got extra room if space is needed on Sunday night. also the cook Sunday night, spent time @ the CIA!
Beav it is for Sunday meet outside MCcoys/Centennial at 8:30. If roads are very sketchy or impassable, the fall back is Breck at 8:30 at the peak 9 base.

Vail for Monday weather dependent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardweg View Post
JIm et al,
Have a great couple of days - thinking of you all. . . jealously
CW :-)
Good to hear from you Graham and coverage should be good for your March trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
I am hoping to be up on Sunday; and by the way, the West Wall at the Basin was open last Sunday.
Hope to see you on Sunday David


This storm looks like it has potential
post #29 of 41
Jim; after you call today I gave both Paul and Mark [Alta6] your cell phone number and both aware of the Beav plans for Sunday. Mark’s last day skiing is Sunday before he heads back home.

My broken toe should only keep me sidelined for a couple more days as I’ll boot up once the swelling goes down and meet up early next week.

Strato, I’ve sent you an email.
post #30 of 41
Thread Starter 
I made it to Dillon and it's BC tomorrow unless roads look bad then it's Breck.

I'll post here around 7:00AM one way or the other.

Can't wait to hook up tomorrow!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home