EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Shuttles from DEN to Summit co.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shuttles from DEN to Summit co.

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Im headed to Summit Co the middle of Dec. Heading out solo so trying to cut out the rental car. Obviously there is CME... any one have good experiences with other places that maybe more cost effective? Thanks. Also if anyone wants a riding partner the 11th -17 at Breck, Keystone or A basin let me know.
post #2 of 19
You can try here: http://www.skicarpool.org/
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Im going to post up there but I doubt someone would want to pick me and my luggage up at the airport on a Thursday eveing.
post #4 of 19
You can take the RTD bus from DIA to downtown Denver and then the Greyhound from Denver to Frisco and then the free Summit Stage to wherever you are going. Have not checked the Hound prices lately so don't really know how much this may save you.
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Thats an idea... Ill have to look at the schedules to see if it would work out. Thanks.
Any other suggestions on just shuttle services? I think CME was wanting 160 rt.
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier31 View Post
You can take the RTD bus from DIA to downtown Denver and then the Greyhound from Denver to Frisco and then the free Summit Stage to wherever you are going. Have not checked the Hound prices lately so don't really know how much this may save you.
17.50 one way, but it's turned into a total nightmare! From Denver, you will be able to buy a ticket to Frisco. However, from Frisco, you can not. There are usually only three seats left, and about 20 people waiting. Last time I rode, there were drunks sitting in the aisle and someones baby puked right in front of me. This was in the summer. Can you imagine that with ski gear? But no...we don't need a train.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beotchsadie View Post
Im headed to Summit Co the middle of Dec. Heading out solo so trying to cut out the rental car. Obviously there is CME... any one have good experiences with other places that maybe more cost effective? Thanks. Also if anyone wants a riding partner the 11th -17 at Breck, Keystone or A basin let me know.
I've used CME a lot to get around during the winter months, and though it is a little pricey, it's been my experience that it is worth the extra money, especially if the weather gets dicey. I think you have to decide what's more important, your time or savin some money. I've never done the Greyhound>Summit Stage deal, but it strikes me as a major pain in the ass.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopGo211 View Post
I've used CME a lot to get around during the winter months, and though it is a little pricey, it's been my experience that it is worth the extra money, especially if the weather gets dicey. I think you have to decide what's more important, your time or savin some money. I've never done the Greyhound>Summit Stage deal, but it strikes me as a major pain in the ass.
i'm with this guy. yes, cme is pricey; but having them get you there in about 2 hours and picking you up where ever is worth a hundred bucks more to me. youre going to spend more than that in 2 days lift tickets.
post #9 of 19

CME

I just checked CME is *$84.00 per person one way, gratuity not included. Not cheep but inexpnesive compaired to renting a car.
post #10 of 19
$84 x 2 = $168...

Seems like you can rent a car for that - i.e. 'Payless'

post #11 of 19
It's $55 if you take it to the Frisco transfer center. The $84 is if you take it directly to your condo or hotel. Still not cheap, but beats Greyhound.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8suj View Post
I just checked CME is *$84.00 per person one way, gratuity not included. Not cheep but inexpnesive compaired to renting a car.
try entering skitown.com and see if you can get a discount too. that used to work.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoof2 View Post
$84 x 2 = $168...

Seems like you can rent a car for that - i.e. 'Payless'

$163/week for an car. I've never been that impressed with CME and statically speaking, 15 passenger vans are dangerous.
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
After a little research... Thinking about taking CME to the Frisco transfer center. Then either taking the Stage to Breck, which would require another transfer to get over to French St. Looks like the Frisco transfer center is pretty close to Frisco Stage stop. Can anyone verify the distance? Thanks.

My easiest option is to convince my friend to pick me up in Frisco...but I want a back up plan as I dont want to inconvience her any further since she is already letting me crash at her house.
post #15 of 19
If you can, why not take CME to your destination and be done with it? Can you save that much time to make the expense worth it to take alternative means?

My caveat, I drink too much...
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAJ View Post
If you can, why not take CME to your destination and be done with it? Can you save that much time to make the expense worth it to take alternative means?

My caveat, I drink too much...
It would save 60 bucks round trip doing it this way. I havent decide what Im going to do... just looking at options.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
17.50 one way, but it's turned into a total nightmare! From Denver, you will be able to buy a ticket to Frisco. However, from Frisco, you can not. There are usually only three seats left, and about 20 people waiting. Last time I rode, there were drunks sitting in the aisle and someones baby puked right in front of me. This was in the summer. Can you imagine that with ski gear? But no...we don't need a train.
It's inside info like this that makes this forum 'priceless'
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beotchsadie View Post
After a little research... Thinking about taking CME to the Frisco transfer center. Then either taking the Stage to Breck, which would require another transfer to get over to French St. Looks like the Frisco transfer center is pretty close to Frisco Stage stop. Can anyone verify the distance? Thanks.

My easiest option is to convince my friend to pick me up in Frisco...but I want a back up plan as I dont want to inconvience her any further since she is already letting me crash at her house.
Hi! CME is going to let you off right in front of your bus stop. During the evening, the buses run on the hour. Hopefully, CME will make the connection, but if they don't you can wait inside. Also, be sure to check the time of the last CME shuttle.

French Street is not too far from Breckenridge Station. I walk it a few times a week, because I work at one of the museums on Harris Street. Of course, it depends on how much you're carrying. Are you staying at the Fireside Inn?

Quote:
It's inside info like this that makes this forum 'priceless'
Thanks! Bit of a point of contention for me at the moment. We had a candidate for State Rep who had some great ideas for a monrail from Denver to Summit, but he was defeated. Really, really, really bad move on the part of Summit voters, but it is what it is.
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
My flight gets in at 7 so im pretty sure I can at least get the 830 CME bus...maybe even the 7:30 if all works perfectly.

Luggage will consist of a ski bag and large boot bag stuffed to the gills. Not really wanting to carry it all that far but a couple of blocks wont kill me. Ski cloths...check. Hot tub cloths....nonexistant. All good to go.

Not staying at fireside. A friend lives on French and is letting me crash there while Im out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Shuttles from DEN to Summit co.