where are you driving from? do you want to share a ride up on Monday? I have a Forseter that will seat 4 with skis inside.
'08-09 CO Front Range roll call (Loveland/Summit County/Vail/BC) - Page 8
- 305 Posts. Joined 6/2004
- Location: KY
- Select All Posts By This User
I will be staying in Dillon and skiing April 2 - 5th. Anyone interested in making a few turns? - specifically on Thurs and Friday? Breck, Keystone, Vail, Abasin or BC? Have tentative plans for Sat and Sun but - would welcome others.
Booked my flight yesterday.
will be arriving on April 13 and staying until May the 4th. Unfortunatly have to work in Denver during the week days, but will have the weekends off.Lady Salina and I will be at Vail for the 18-19 then looks like A-Basin for the rest of it cause it might be the only thing open. LS is going to try to sqeeze some turns in when I am at work (man she lives a hard life)
Let us know if your going to get any late season in.
I'm meeting Rick for a few turns at Breck on Friday.
I'll be skiing solo starting on the 11th and should be able to make Vail on the 18th and hope to catch up with Old Boot and Lady Salina (it's a southern thing). I'm scheduled to leave the 19th.
Hi Uncle Louie. I'll be around Denver to ski from the 14th on. I was thinking A-basin as I intend to buy their $209.00 unlimited Spring Skiing pass, so that I can ski lots while Old Boot works, after I drop him off and such. So, possibly I could meet you on a ski hill the during the week. I definitely intend to ski prior to the 18th myself. I don't have work to go to!
Rick and I plan to meet sometime between 9 and 10 somewhere on the hill. He is going to ring my phone when he gets up to Breck. Why don't we shoot for 11:00 at the Summit Restraurant on Peak 9.
Bring Monique along, as Rick and I will have our "better halves" with us.
OK, I'll post a meeting time and location for the Basin here on this thread as the time gets closer. Maybe I can drag some of the "regulars" around these parts out to join in. Most folks cells don't work at the base of the area, so posting a meeting spot should be the best route.
I'll also give VailSnoPro a shout and see if he's still in town on the 18th.
Myself and a few others are heading to Summit County tomorrow, skiing sat-tuesday. Have no firm plans yet, other than a day at Copper and another at A-basin. Weather forecast looks promising. If anyone is around and wants to hook up, shoot me a message.
I like fast and steep. Will also trade lunch/beers for any hookups on discount tickets!
Baaaah Humbug. As we were waiting at the airport to fly out to Atlantic City today, Old Boot got an email from work that Denver has been postponed for 3 months (grrr). I'm glad I didn't buy the pass ahead of time,but we'll have to see what we can do about my flight, we already paid for. I have no idea how a complany can give a purchase order and say they're ready for start up and then change then decide they are 3 months away from ready. Guess that's a government job, maybe they're waiting for their bail out at the mint! I'll be hoping it gets delayed at least 6 month's so there's a chance ski season will have restarted. Anyhow, we won't be out there in two weeks, his work is already booking him to Nashville for that time instead. Next winter I guess. I was looking so forward to extending the ski season.
Noodler - we're most likely headed to A-Basin tomorrow.
Had a good day at Vail today, tried to hookup with VSP and some of the other Bears but had a member of our group suffering from alititude sickness, so we headed back to the condo a bit early.
Shoot me a message if you make it to the Basin and we'll try to hookup!
I'm on call (again!) tomorrow, but if the night is not bad and I get my grant finished tomorrow I am interested in Vail on Monday. Ric, are you around? Anyone interested in sharing a ride? My only stipulation is that I can't leave early- my call period ends at 7:30AM.
DP- Meeting with Don Denver (et al) at Buffaloes at about 0930. Not sure how widely we will range around the mtn, it depends on snow conditions.
The past couple of days have been pretty wild! Lots of new snow! Bring the COOMBAS! lol
Hi bears, I have been out of the loop this year, but my arthritic knee is better and I have a midweek pass at Loveland. I know it is last minute, but I will be there tomorrow. If any bears want to join me, I will be booting up near the upstairs door about 10. Best to ya'll, LewBob
PS, 62, 6', red jacket and helmet, scruffy beard, if you look for me in the lodge.
Edited by LewBob - 4/10/2009 at 06:59 pm GMT
Great day at Vail today, even if I was not able to meet up with anyone. Sunny, cloudless skies, no wind. The day started about 18 degrees F, warmed up to mid or upper 30's. There was about 4" of fluffy new snow on top of soft and heavy wet snow in the morning; by afternoon everything seemed to have the consistency of mashed potatoes. I suspect that tomorrow will be refrozen crud in the morning. The heavy wet stuff underneath the new snow has this weird orange color- kind of odd.
The Coombas were great in these conditions- they plowed through everything, and even railed on the groomed (carving the untouched corduroy in China Bowl in the morning was a blast). Plan to return on Sunday with my daughter, who will be in from Boston.
- 2,102 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Guess
- Select All Posts By This User
Perhaps this will help with the description
vail snopro explained to us that red dust was blown in from Moab. Actually that layer came in late Friday early Saturday as it is apparently an oft occurrence that certainly coated our car. A Sunday morning early snowfall covered that red dust giving Vail a cleaner look with the Sun shining on the mountain for the first time in a few days. Outside of some additional new snow to freshen things up the Saturday overnight cold dried to a crisp the snow cover on the hill giving it the light quick feel of a Feb morning.
[PS LewBob...Glad to see you out again ]
If anyone is coming to Vail/ BC/ Breck/ or Keystone between now and closing day, I have a handful of discount employee coupons($45 tickets) good at any of the named areas (NOT A-Basin). They are available for the asking...
I have also given Tsavo a bunch of Copper Mtn 2 for1 coupons which are good for another week or so.
Contact me by PM if you are interested in these discount coupons....
Don, That pic made my day. I am so glad to still be able to ski. I thought I was through at the end of last year my knee got so bad. I sold my condo in June and was able to retire when I turned 62 in January, so now I have the time, if not the beds in Firsco.
One thing I found out today is that my short, narrow Volants put a lot more torque on my knee. I tried my Volant Machete Souls today and I could feel the difference. I was back on my mid fat Blizzard Titan 8.2's pretty quickly and the knee felt much better.
I hopefully I will catch up with the gang next year and hope you are doing well. Lew
There has been a flurry of unconnected discussions about meeting at Breck today.
For those of you coming out, it looks like the meeting place is 9:30 at the Copper Top Restaurant at the base of Peak 9 by the Beaver Run chair. I believe the restaurant is closed in the morning, so just look for each other on the patio outside. There should be folks there that can get a $ 39.00 ticket via their passes if anyone needs it.
I can get a run or two with you guys early, then I'm off to ski with Cube and SisterCube. I'll be out on the hill ahead of you guys, Nancy is following with SisterCube later. Rick has my cell ##....see you guys later.