I'll be out somewhere. Although I'd like to not use up a Vail day if it's not a powder day. I'll text or give you a call on Saturday night.
'08-09 CO Front Range roll call (Loveland/Summit County/Vail/BC) - Page 7
I knew Breck was going to be great today. I've been thinking about it all day - sucks that I couldn't get out there today. I need a real job (well actually a fake job that still pays money and let's me ski any time I want ).
I just knew it! Work just gets in the way of more important things. Maybe we will be lucky on Sunday.
Hey, the Coombas came yesterday!
Yes. Not sure where yet (thinking either Breck or Loveland). Will PM.
Can we switch jobs for a few weeks? I'll take off and ski, and you can work on all of my past due research and writing projects, and give anesthetics Monday through Thursday.
Sunday for sure- we can carpool from the dino lots. I'm for deferring a decision on where until we see what the clouds bring us.
I don't think you want me writing ANYTHING for you! I wouldn't mind playing with some drugs though...
Got my 1st Breck season pass this year.
I know where to go at what time to avoid the big crowds.
You are right though, if you don't have a plan before
skiing then the day could go by without accomplishing much,
and worse being in crowds all day.
Breck was completely wind-buffed or wind-scoured today. Noodler, madmike, and I did our best to find some soft snow. Full TR here. We need snow badly, and there's none in the forecast. Plus it's supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow.
Don't tell me that. This time next week I'll be there! I don't want to have travelled all the way from Ireland to discover the Alps have better conditions!
Please please please get the snow dances going.
well, it looks like that old man winter has answered your plea as 16 inches has dropped on breckenridge over the last week.
should be good snow for you all over.
unfortunately, i'm more picky and have changeable flights. it looks like no storm coming thru again until late next week, so i re-scheduled to march 22nd try to catch one last snowstorm.
an fyi for anyone else thinking about it; snow storm is forecasted for breck 3-23 and 3-24, so i may be at breck 3-21 to 3-24.
there looks to be a snowstorm there about that same time and in my efforts to catch one last snowstorm in summit county from Houston, Texas; this is my second to last chance for this season and mrs. skicougar said i could go.
if the storm drys up, i'll push the flight back to april; but so far it looks like i'm coming into a storm and 1 last chance for fresh powder.
anyone else needing the same is welcome to join me.
- 2,619 Posts. Joined 12/2004
- Location: Broomfield, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
We're headed to Vail and Beav this weekend (will ski with DonDenver and buds on Sunday).
Temps are forecast for the mid-50's mid-week to weekend. I'm bringing well-waxed Gotama's to surf the slush.
Usually at about noon, there's a magic corn moment between morning crust and afternnoon slop.
I may (and that's a big "may") be in on the Beav on Sunday. I usually don't like going out that far on a Sunday and it also depends on my wife agreeing to me coming home later than normal < sound of whip cracking >.
- 5,483 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Now in Breckenridge For Most of the Summer Too
- Select All Posts By This User
We've gotten some fairly moist, wind-packed snow overnight last night and during the day today. Maybe boottop depth if you find untracked, but quite variable. Hopefully the temperatures will drop some and the snow we're supposed to get the next couple of days will be more dry. Lots of ungroomed stuff was closed because the new snow on top of an iced-over sun-baked base made it unstable.
Damn! All this powder and I am on call this weekend. I got in a half day yesterday at Loveland- snow was great but visibility and wind was awful above treeline. Best skiing was in the trees and chutes to skiers left of lift 1.
I hope to get whatever little you guys leave for me on Monday. Have a great weekend!!
oops, I did it again.
sorry for the britney spears ref., but with all the snow; i may hit breck again this weekend thru tues.
may only be able to ski afternoons and work online in the am, but there's 3 feet of snow out there calling me out.
definitley, definitely, last trip of the year(i think), unless old man winter it going to keep teasing me. easter snow storm, i down with it.