1. Concussion: Sometime during the '70's
Someone ran over me...can't remember where.
2. Broken nose: 1971
Forgot to "do" on a "woopie-de-do".
3. Broken thumb: Sometime during the '80's
Cartwheeled down "Our Father" at Alpine Meadows, CA. Remember those plastic pole strap things?...there she goes...
4. Broken clavicle: 2002
Similar to Blaise
...skied off a drop-off in whiteout conditions onto Mountain Run, a flat road...the bamboo poles didn't extend far enough
...did a complete splatter yard-sale.
5. HUGE leg hematoma: 2003
Attempting hop turns in a steep, heavily wooded area in "firm" conditions at Squaw...leaned-in, lost my balance...my leg hit a tree on the way down. My coach kind'a laughed at my "deer-eyes in headlights" on the way down.
It was an ugly bruise.
6. Crashed and burned...three cracked ribs, bruised kidney, complete tear of the ulnar collateral ligament "skier's thumb" and complete tear of all four muscles and tendons of the rotator cuff. I got the "wind knocked out" of me as well: May, 2005
Collided with a race team friend...he won. I had a "bad" summer.
7. Inflammation of the Achilles: 2006-2008
I didn't address a foam liner problem...paid the price. I thought it was going to be chronic, but I finally "healed my heels"!
8. Moderate concussion: May, 2008
I can't remember a thing, but witnesses tell me, my right ski veered off of the salted run (on the flats)...landed on my head...had amnesia and lost a few hours of my life.
My doctor's happy that I wear a POC Skull Comp helmet.
9. Various sprains, tears, bruises, and other minor injuries: 1969-2008