EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › "Ski Patrol" series on TruTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Ski Patrol" series on TruTV - Page 7

post #181 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post
What else did you expect in a country where its okay to show murder, intense violence and crime, but you are an indecent animal if you show a naked person, a woman breast feeding, or two people making love.
X2!
post #182 of 199
FINALLY back @ Crystal tonight!

Who knows, maybe they'll even show some skiing

11:00 pm and 11:30 pm
post #183 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
FINALLY back @ Crystal tonight!
I've noticed that in general (not specifically you Rossi, I'm just using your quote here), people criticized the Crystal episodes as being over-dramatized, staged, and re-enacted. Yet they seem to like these episodes more than the ones at Blue. Why?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
Who knows, maybe they'll even show some skiing
However Rossi, this one's just for you. I thought the name of the show was "Ski Patrol" not "Ski Porn".
post #184 of 199
Well at least (or is it at most) they have real mountain scenery @ Crystal. Blue just looks like a nightmare...wall to wall, sorry, tree to tree people stacked up like cord wood. If that was my only option I might not even go skiing.......
post #185 of 199
^ and it's that comment (only people being serious) that set us that ski the midwest apart from everyone else. We ski anyways.
post #186 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
When they were UNWINDING that kids leg....
My ex broke her leg in a bike accident a couple years back. I didn't believe her that it was broken, I went to cradle her leg to look at it and it folded (like with a new joint) in the middle of the calf area. Not supposed to do that.

Clean tib/fib break and it poked through the skin a bit. I about passed out seeing that but once you've seen it, it's not so bad.

post #187 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoof2 View Post
Clean tib/fib break and it poked through the skin a bit. I about passed out seeing that but once you've seen it, it's not so bad.
It's just a flesh wound.
post #188 of 199

Is this still on the air?

I've never seen this fine production, now that the Holiday supply of Port has arrived I thought I might tune in, however it does not appear on TruTV's schedule, at least in these parts....

Better not to have the show than not to have the port!
post #189 of 199
I believe I saw this show during my normal channel surfing (oo snow and i stopped) the narrator makes it sound that they are on chamonix or some place really extreme. i believe actually a few miles away from where the groundhog sees his shadow every year in Penn.
post #190 of 199
It's finished its run of 12 episodes, so that's why it's no longer on the schedule.
Unfortunatly, TruTV's online schedule has no search function, so no way to see if they plan on re-running it or not. (Who designs a database/schedule without a search function?)
post #191 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
It's finished its run of 12 episodes, so that's why it's no longer on the schedule.
Unfortunatly, TruTV's online schedule has no search function, so no way to see if they plan on re-running it or not. (Who designs a database/schedule without a search function?)
Dish Network has a search function for their schedule. No hits for Ski Patrol at all It isn't scheduled for broadcast/rebroadcast for at least two weeks.. but the schedule was wrong more than right when the show was being broadcast..
post #192 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingers View Post
i believe actually a few miles away from where the groundhog sees his shadow every year in Penn.
Punxatawney in central PA, Blue is in northeast-ish.
post #193 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtnate View Post
^ and it's that comment (only people being serious) that set us that ski the midwest apart from everyone else. We ski anyways.
Whoah there! Not every place in the midwest looks like mighty Blue. Seriously - if garbage like that was all I had to ski, I'd give it up.

The patrollers kicking off the snowboarders for "speeding" at about 15 mph was hilarious. Wow -that place must really blow. Watching stuff like that really makes me thankful for what I've got. The only time I ever see patrol at any of the places I ski, they're dropping the rope.
post #194 of 199
Now some fat female patroller is yelling at some kid for trying to break his snowboard. His own board! I can't believe Blue allows this stuff to be broadcast. Who would want to ski some flat dump with a completely hard-core Nazi ski patrol? Lemme guess - they have a big sign that reads "Arbeit Macht Frei" at the entrace to the parking lot? So much for having any kind of fun at all.

..and I thought the episode I saw where the girl breaks her leg skiing the Crystal Mtn. "backcountry" was ridiculous..
post #195 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Whoah there! Not every place in the midwest looks like mighty Blue. Seriously - if garbage like that was all I had to ski, I'd give it up.

The patrollers kicking off the snowboarders for "speeding" at about 15 mph was hilarious. Wow -that place must really blow. Watching stuff like that really makes me thankful for what I've got. The only time I ever see patrol at any of the places I ski, they're dropping the rope.
Was that the 13 year odl kid who started crying? If a guy steps out 20' in front of you, and you can stop and avoid hiting him... you weren't speeding.
post #196 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
I've updated the PVR to record this instead of that lame terminator series. I thought I'd like Sarah Conner Chronicles, but really haven't so far. So, Ski Patrol it shall be for at least a week..
I agree on the disappointment of 'Chronicles'. There are rumors about secret x-rated out takes involving Lena Headey and Summer Glau; those scenes might make the show worth watching.
post #197 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tromano View Post
Was that the 13 year odl kid who started crying? If a guy steps out 20' in front of you, and you can stop and avoid hiting him... you weren't speeding.
Saw it for the first time this morning. Everyone on that show ends up a sobbing mess. Makes skiers and snowboarders look like a bunch of vaginas.
post #198 of 199
Every time I've seen this show I've been reminded of the Greg Noll quote from Riding Giants where he said when he first saw some of the 60's surfxploitation movies it made him want to puke.

I've been skiing for a long time and I've never once experienced crap like that. And I've skied Granite Peak!
post #199 of 199
I saw the end of a Blue Mtn episode last night (Christmas) I thought is was kind of funny. I also thought that it looked like the ski patrol had a good time. It suprised me when I heard that that little mountain had about 150 patrollers. I was also a bit shocked when they all skied down en masse how badly a lot of them skied. It was funny when the kid was trying to break his board and the patroller chick was trying to make him stop, because he just didn't care and was basically ignoring her.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › "Ski Patrol" series on TruTV