- 174 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Mt Hood Village, OR
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryAlpine Skistagged by System, 9/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's the widest ski in your quiver? Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:54pm in General Skiing Discussion
- What's a good ski for exams? Last post on 4/8/13 at 12:44pm in General Skiing Discussion
- The East Coast Tree Ski Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:01pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Question re: Ski Sizing Last post on 2/21/13 at 5:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Demo Skis Tested as SIA, 2014 models, super quick reviews Last post on 1/2/14 at 8:38am in Member Gear Reviews
Five Key Questions When Buying New Skis
Last edited: 9/7/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
- Do You Know The Environmental Impact Of Your SkisLast edited: 4/26/11
- Choosing A Ski LengthLast edited: 12/6/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Will you be on new skis this year? - Page 2post #31 of 1229/30/12 at 12:30pmAnd looking at the D2 SL IN A 170....post #32 of 1229/30/12 at 2:56pmpost #33 of 1229/30/12 at 7:12pmpost #34 of 1229/30/12 at 7:12pmpost #35 of 1229/30/12 at 8:25pmpost #36 of 1229/30/12 at 8:30pm
Maybe a pair of park skis if they turn up cheap, other than that no new sticks. Going for new boot liners, and new winter boots, and tires for my truck. All of that is pretty much going to drain my savings.post #37 of 1229/30/12 at 8:49pmpost #38 of 1229/30/12 at 9:42pmpost #39 of 1229/30/12 at 10:09pmpost #40 of 1229/30/12 at 10:28pm
Meh, as just an idle pass'in the time 'o day query, it's just as relevant now as it was then...
Pour moi, it's a brand spank'in new pair of 4FRNT Codys, getting mounted this week with the new Salomon Guardian AT binders.
C'mon Snow!post #41 of 12210/1/12 at 8:46am
I''ll be on one new to me pair of skis, a pair of Ogasaka carving skis for the East Coast hard pack and then a pair of brand new Rossi Experience 88 for the crud and East coast powder. I also picked up some new to me zip fit liners over the summer as well.post #42 of 12210/1/12 at 8:48ampost #43 of 12210/1/12 at 10:08am
168 DPS Wailer 112 RP SE
Just had to buy them because they are red rather than yellow and looked so lonely sitting there against the wall when I stopped into the Sart Haus last Spring. I still consider them new because I used them only for two days in Lake Tahoe, and by the time they got shipped back East all the mountains had melted down while I was away. Although they look like they would make pretty good water skis, I managed to resit the temptation.
Pretty much hated them on the first day, but by the end of the second day I was in love!
It's been a long wait, but it won't be long now before I'll be rockin' all the powder at Plattekill, Magic and MRG (hopefuly far abouve the rocks and roots)!post #44 of 12210/1/12 at 10:24ampost #45 of 12210/1/12 at 10:45ampost #46 of 12210/1/12 at 11:25ampost #47 of 12210/1/12 at 11:36ampost #48 of 12210/1/12 at 12:57pm
Bought a pair of new Cochise end of last season after looking for a set all '11/'12. One TERRIBLE day of skiing on them - my last day of the season.
Here's the story:
Silver Mtn rec'd about 12" of fresh snow - I thought. Jumped into my normal 1st run down Gem or Happy Jack. The damn things attached to my Falcons kept diving like a Chinese Olympian! WTH? Where's the Rocker? Where's the 108 underfoot?
I made 2 more runs and figured something was wrong w/the mounting of the bindings. Went into Silver's 'performance' rental shop and asked the tech (cool guy) to check if mine were centered mounted or what....(I'd have the Griffon's mounted @ a shop in CDA). He said they were back/normal/traditional - whatever is the current term.
I gave him my story about how they wouldn't stay on top and he told me he'd had a bunch of people come in w/the same complaint. Numerous skiers were 'done' @ 10a.m. due to the conditions out there. Really? I didn't check w/my local meteorologist, but the snow was not heavy wet powder, but must have been dense as lead.
I went back out on the Bliz's - even after he'd offered up some kind of water ski to try (wasn't in the mood and forgot my tow rope) - the Cochise managed to keep doing their best interpretation of a sub going down....Oh, plus I buried a tip, flipped over a tree, and lost one pole....shopping for another set right now.
Btw, this will be my 41st year on skis, so I've learned to turn 'em both ways.
Back to the Poll.
Tdpost #49 of 12210/1/12 at 7:57pmpost #50 of 12210/1/12 at 11:57pmpost #51 of 12210/2/12 at 6:04ampost #52 of 12210/2/12 at 9:59ampost #53 of 12210/2/12 at 11:50am
WB quiver - MX88 - actually got next years (this seasons) last year.
SLC quiver - Kastle LX94. Sitting in my garage right now. Figure I'll take them out to SLC to get the Griffons mounted, rather than let someone hack at them locallypost #54 of 12210/3/12 at 2:04pmpost #55 of 12210/3/12 at 8:29pm
No new skis for me in 2012-2013.
I am good enough, and light enough to ski the skinny old 190 Volant Machete Gs in deep snow, which I will hardly ever see (and they aren't too bad as an all-around gs ski if it's not too icy.
I have the short turns covered with the Fischer SCs.
The P50s work well enough in bumps, and I will take them out and play with them now and again (and try to remember not to push them too fast).
If I get to a place with some serious steep vertical, I'll point the Kästle SGs down the fall line and let them run.post #56 of 12210/4/12 at 10:48am
I'm getting some new Volkl Racetiger Speedwall 165's & putting some Marker Comp16's on them. I have one pair each of the '04 P60 165's & '08 Racetiger 165's for short turns... I just want a pair for racing with some life in them. I'll also be getting a pair of Volkl Mantra 183's for back-country (w/ a pair of dynafit)... I can't afford either them but what am I supposed to do? I'm a skier dammit!post #57 of 12210/4/12 at 10:57ampost #58 of 12210/4/12 at 11:16ampost #59 of 12210/4/12 at 12:10pm
Nothing new yet, but hoping to get powder skis this year to complement my one ski quiver of Mantras. The guy at the local shop talked my ear off about 2012 JJs, although Unleashed Hell deal at starthous isn't looking too bad either. Waiting for the job situation to settle down before I buy anything.post #60 of 12210/5/12 at 10:45am
- Will you be on new skis this year?
- How to Find the Best Deals on Skis
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 minute ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Stockli Stormrider 88, 177cm, w/Marker Griffon demo bindings, $425 6 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 9 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 9 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 14 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 37 minutes ago
- › Bottom of Foot Pain - Tried it All (long read, please help) 1 hour ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer