or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › QUALITY ski rentals, Frisco area
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

QUALITY ski rentals, Frisco area

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hi;
I guess I should have put this in with my earlier post. Oh well.

Where can we rent GOOD STUFF in the Frisco, Silverthorn, Dillon area. If this 3 day trip comes off, I can't see dragging my skis along. I want high-end/performance, not beat, (edges that resemble a sawblade), skis. Does such a thing exist?

We'll bring our boots. This will be for me and the wife.

Thanks everybody!
post #2 of 18
Precision Ski in Frisco across the street from WalMart on Summit Blvd. rents high end Volkl, Nordica, K2 and Rossignal skis. They do some of the best tunes in Summit County.

Disclaimer: I work there part time.

bong
post #3 of 18
I'll second what Bong said. I rented some high quality stuff for my niece a couple of years ago and the prices were pretty good. They to my knowledge do not rent anything but good to great skis tuned to perfection.


Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B. View Post
Hi;
I guess I should have put this in with my earlier post. Oh well.

Where can we rent GOOD STUFF in the Frisco, Silverthorn, Dillon area. If this 3 day trip comes off, I can't see dragging my skis along. I want high-end/performance, not beat, (edges that resemble a sawblade), skis. Does such a thing exist?

We'll bring our boots. This will be for me and the wife.

Thanks everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bong View Post
Precision Ski in Frisco across the street from WalMart on Summit Blvd. rents high end Volkl, Nordica, K2 and Rossignal skis. They do some of the best tunes in Summit County.

Disclaimer: I work there part time.

bong
post #4 of 18
In years past I know they were acknowledged in the magazine's ski tests for tuning the test skis, so I have to believe they do really good work.
post #5 of 18
Virgin Island Skis in Silverthorne is also pretty good.
post #6 of 18
I'll also chime in supporting the plaudits for Precision Ski & Golf. They are top-notch, know how to tune to order, and keep their fleet in tip-top shape. Their prices are also quite reasonable.
post #7 of 18
Another vote for Virgin Island Skis, good prices and ski selection. The mexican restauarnt located in the same plaza has great carne asada for a snack and a beer after swapping out skis. The Dillon Dam Brewery is nearby also because it is important to keep hydrated at altitude.
post #8 of 18
MountainView Sports in Keystone: http://www.mountainviewsports.com/

My neighbor is the owner. They have good prices and tune after every rental.
post #9 of 18

Virgin Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
Virgin Island Skis in Silverthorne is also pretty good.


I was in there today and they were still taking some of the '09 skis out of the boxes, but I saw quite a few skis popular with other Bears. Among others I saw AC50 unlimited, Fischer Progressor & RX 8 Fire in their rental fleet and was told that more '09s that don't sell will be added.

On the wall they had Head 88, Fischer Watea 84 ('09 graphics don't look as bad in person as they do online, but I still prefer the '08) & at least one Contact 4x4 waiting to go up.

Rental prices are from $11 to $27 per day, with it being a bit less if you have your own boots.
post #10 of 18
I vaguely recall there's a rental shop on the way from Denver to Frisco, I believe it's call Maison De Ski? (because of its pseudo french name)

Is it any good at all? I usually bring my own skis. Though like C.B., I'm also contemplating NOT bring my own on a weekend trip. So would be interested to know if they're any good since it's on the way...
post #11 of 18
As a satisfied repair customer, and former ski-tech myself, I'll second what bong & jgiddyup said about precision skis.

On my last trip out west, I hopped a rock or two and put a rather hefty hole in one of my bases. The work they did was top quality and has stood up unscathed to date.

I don't know what their hire stock is like, but for sure they know how to do a service. I would definitely let them service my skis again whem I'm out there in March.

CW

Oh... and "at nyc" - if you're driving up from Denver to Breck, you drive right past their front door.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardweg View Post
Oh... and "at nyc" - if you're driving up from Denver to Breck, you drive right past their front door.
Well...I'm not going to Breck. I'm going to Loveland.
post #13 of 18

apologies

Oops. Sorry. I'd missed that bit
Enjoy Loveland.
post #14 of 18
any of those shops listed sell discounted lift tickets??? or where is the best place to buy discount tickets?
post #15 of 18
Phone numbers are:

Precision Ski and Golf (Frisco) 970 668-3095
Virgin Islands Ski Rental (Silverthorne) 970 468-6655 or 1-800-525-9186
post #16 of 18

Anybody with updates to these recommendations?  I have rented from Precision several years back with good results but don't see much of a website presence so am not sure that they are still keeping up. 

 

I am planning a long weekend trip in March, driving up from Denver and staying somewhere (TBD) in Summit County.  We are flying out on Monday evening so may want to spend our last day at A-Basin or Loveland.  If so, dropping off equipment in Idaho Springs or somewhere along I-70 on the way back to Denver would be convenient.  Any recommendations of places along I-70 with good gear and service? 

 

Thanks!

post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhasan View Post
 

Anybody with updates to these recommendations?  I have rented from Precision several years back with good results but don't see much of a website presence so am not sure that they are still keeping up. 

 

I am planning a long weekend trip in March, driving up from Denver and staying somewhere (TBD) in Summit County.  We are flying out on Monday evening so may want to spend our last day at A-Basin or Loveland.  If so, dropping off equipment in Idaho Springs or somewhere along I-70 on the way back to Denver would be convenient.  Any recommendations of places along I-70 with good gear and service? 

 

Thanks!

Precision is still excellent or try Podium sports in Frisco they rent Kastle's if you want those.

post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffda View Post

MountainView Sports in Keystone: http://www.mountainviewsports.com/

My neighbor is the owner. They have good prices and tune after every rental.

Is your neighbor a stoner like the guys working there last year?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › QUALITY ski rentals, Frisco area