- 2,043 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Crystal Mountain info Last post on 11/19/16 at 5:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- new to Washington St Skiing - NEED HELP Last post on 11/8/16 at 6:09am in General Skiing Discussion
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Why is Crystal Mountain (Washington) closing between April 18th and Memorial Day? Last post on 3/21/16 at 10:38am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Good terrain with affordable lift ticket list Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:43pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Skiing Maine on a BudgetLast edited: 5/28/13
- Skiing On The CheapLast edited: 4/19/11
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Any discounts for Crystal Mt, WA?post #1 of 189/29/08 at 10:46pmThread StarterDoes anyone know of ways to get discounted lift tickets at Crystal besides the 5 ticket books they sell? Those are the only discounts I've been able to find so far, but those are only a $5 discount off the window price... not a super deal.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 189/30/08 at 8:33ampost #3 of 189/30/08 at 9:59amThread Starterpost #4 of 189/30/08 at 10:08ampost #5 of 189/30/08 at 11:11amThread StarterYeah, I thought about doing the Alpy pass, although last year (first in Seattle) I did most of my skiing at Stevens and Crystal, so I hadn't decided if I wanted to go that way yet.post #6 of 189/30/08 at 10:43pmpost #7 of 189/30/08 at 10:48pmThread Starterpost #8 of 189/30/08 at 11:05pmNot many deals at Crystal. The Spring season pass price is good. Toward the end of last season there was a promotion with Suzuki car dealers where you got a free ticket coupon if you took a test drive. Instructors get a season pass for $5 and are expected to teach 12 days or more. Instructors also get ten (?) coupons for tickets if they taught a certain number of hours (50?) the year before. (My "?" numbers might be off.) Check the web site for Instructor Training College (ITC) dates. Crystal needs over 200 part time instructors as well as full timers.post #9 of 1810/1/08 at 1:37pmpost #10 of 1810/1/08 at 5:13pm
to name a fewpost #11 of 1810/1/08 at 6:33pmQuote:Terrain, weather, grooming, management, prices, facilities, parking, management, lifts, snow, traffic, managment, crowds, the drive, enumclaw, no park, ruts on groomers, "wind hold", new lifts, lack of any decent terrain w/o rex or c7, douchebag patrons, controlled (closable) "backcountry", the management,
to name a few
I can relate to most of the stuff above, but to Crystal's credit the weather and snow is better than what I've seen at Steven's and Snoqualmie... and less crowded than both.post #12 of 1810/1/08 at 6:43pmI missed this Craigslist sale a few days ago:
Crystal Mt. Ski Lift tickets 1/2 price 8 all day passes - $240
Reply to: email@example.com [?]
Date: 2008-09-25, 10:33AM PDT
Have 8 Crystal Mt. lift tickets. Will sell for $30.00 ea. save 1/2 off the $ 60.00 all day lift ticket. Yearly stock dividends gives us 22 tickets but can't use them all this year. Bothell address, cash only. Need to activate account and sell them ASAP. If interested please reply and I will give you phone #.
Thankspost #13 of 1810/2/08 at 10:41amSnoqualmie base around 3,000 ft. Crystal base 4,400 ft. the snow level is 4,000 ft. Have fun in the rain PhilT. What's the matter Phil, did you get it handed to you at Crystal?post #14 of 1810/2/08 at 10:47ampost #15 of 185/11/09 at 8:15pmpost #16 of 185/11/09 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #17 of 185/13/09 at 12:04pmQuote:Snow levels are consistently lower at stevens and alpental than at crystal due to the cool air that comes over the passes frome the east.
Except when warm weather is coming over the passes from the west, when snow levels are lower in the passes.When cold air is moving from the east, everyone's above snow level.post #18 of 185/14/09 at 1:55pm
I'm glad you ski where you do.Quote:Originally Posted by PhilT
to name a few
- Any discounts for Crystal Mt, WA?
- Skiing Maine on a Budget
Currently, there are 1621 Active Users (53 Members and 1568 Guests)
- › Venting 25 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 27 minutes ago
- › Best weather site? 40 minutes ago
- › Ok I have another worry about ski backs failing to come around in... 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Bode News 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Best Ski Apps 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › liner packed out while skiing 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Epic Discussion Starter 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 5 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis