- 2,056 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Skiing Seattle area tomorrow... Crystal, or Stevens Pass? Last post on 2/28/17 at 6:25pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Crystal Mountain info Last post on 11/19/16 at 5:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- new to Washington St Skiing - NEED HELP Last post on 11/8/16 at 6:09am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and gloating. Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Skiing Maine on a BudgetLast edited: 5/28/13
- Skiing On The CheapLast edited: 4/19/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Any discounts for Crystal Mt, WA?post #1 of 189/29/08 at 10:46pmThread StarterDoes anyone know of ways to get discounted lift tickets at Crystal besides the 5 ticket books they sell? Those are the only discounts I've been able to find so far, but those are only a $5 discount off the window price... not a super deal.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 189/30/08 at 8:33ampost #3 of 189/30/08 at 9:59amThread Starterpost #4 of 189/30/08 at 10:08ampost #5 of 189/30/08 at 11:11amThread StarterYeah, I thought about doing the Alpy pass, although last year (first in Seattle) I did most of my skiing at Stevens and Crystal, so I hadn't decided if I wanted to go that way yet.post #6 of 189/30/08 at 10:43pmpost #7 of 189/30/08 at 10:48pmThread Starterpost #8 of 189/30/08 at 11:05pmNot many deals at Crystal. The Spring season pass price is good. Toward the end of last season there was a promotion with Suzuki car dealers where you got a free ticket coupon if you took a test drive. Instructors get a season pass for $5 and are expected to teach 12 days or more. Instructors also get ten (?) coupons for tickets if they taught a certain number of hours (50?) the year before. (My "?" numbers might be off.) Check the web site for Instructor Training College (ITC) dates. Crystal needs over 200 part time instructors as well as full timers.post #9 of 1810/1/08 at 1:37pmpost #10 of 1810/1/08 at 5:13pm
to name a fewpost #11 of 1810/1/08 at 6:33pmQuote:Terrain, weather, grooming, management, prices, facilities, parking, management, lifts, snow, traffic, managment, crowds, the drive, enumclaw, no park, ruts on groomers, "wind hold", new lifts, lack of any decent terrain w/o rex or c7, douchebag patrons, controlled (closable) "backcountry", the management,
to name a few
I can relate to most of the stuff above, but to Crystal's credit the weather and snow is better than what I've seen at Steven's and Snoqualmie... and less crowded than both.post #12 of 1810/1/08 at 6:43pmI missed this Craigslist sale a few days ago:
Crystal Mt. Ski Lift tickets 1/2 price 8 all day passes - $240
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [?]
Date: 2008-09-25, 10:33AM PDT
Have 8 Crystal Mt. lift tickets. Will sell for $30.00 ea. save 1/2 off the $ 60.00 all day lift ticket. Yearly stock dividends gives us 22 tickets but can't use them all this year. Bothell address, cash only. Need to activate account and sell them ASAP. If interested please reply and I will give you phone #.
Thankspost #13 of 1810/2/08 at 10:41amSnoqualmie base around 3,000 ft. Crystal base 4,400 ft. the snow level is 4,000 ft. Have fun in the rain PhilT. What's the matter Phil, did you get it handed to you at Crystal?post #14 of 1810/2/08 at 10:47ampost #15 of 185/11/09 at 8:15pmpost #16 of 185/11/09 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #17 of 185/13/09 at 12:04pmQuote:Snow levels are consistently lower at stevens and alpental than at crystal due to the cool air that comes over the passes frome the east.
Except when warm weather is coming over the passes from the west, when snow levels are lower in the passes.When cold air is moving from the east, everyone's above snow level.post #18 of 185/14/09 at 1:55pm
I'm glad you ski where you do.Quote:Originally Posted by PhilT
to name a few
- Any discounts for Crystal Mt, WA?
- Skiing Maine on a Budget
Currently, there are 2417 Active Users (151 Members and 2266 Guests)
- › MA my bump skiing 3 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 13 minutes ago
- › FS: Minty Elan Spectrum 105 ALU With Salomon STH2 13'S, 180cm,... 16 minutes ago
- › Can anyone recommend a real boot fitter in SE Florida? 20 minutes ago
- › Real advice on skis in the 100-110 waist 20 minutes ago
- › Nordica Patron 185 too long? 21 minutes ago
- › Stockli Laser SC: a ski everyone who takes their skiing seriously... 23 minutes ago
- › Kastle skis -- vastly overrated ! What do you think ? 24 minutes ago
- › How is it that every fresh snow fall is greeted as "A POWDER DAY"? 24 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview