or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dont want to Ski alone? - Page 3

post #61 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin' cajun' View Post
Uh, Trek, when ya gonna take a pass up to the Aspen ESA?????
The trouble for me is taking mid week time off during mid winter. Early season and late season is best for me and time off work.
You will notice that my times mid winter are usually long weekends. Never mid week.

I really want to hit it with you and mkevenson!!!


GW Skier, to whet your appetite, here is the TR thread from ESA Aspen/Snowmass last year.
post #62 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
I'm not Duane but he and I both like Copper quite a bit
Sorry I will learn who is who eventually. DO they have alot of powder or is it alot of snowmaking?
post #63 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
The trouble for me is taking mid week time off during mid winter. Early season and late season is best for me and time off work.
You will notice that my times mid winter are usually long weekends. Never mid week.

I really want to hit it with you and mkevenson!!!


GW Skier, to whet your appetite, here is the TR thread from ESA Aspen/Snowmass last year.
dang sounds like alot of fun
post #64 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Skier View Post
Sorry I will learn who is who eventually. DO they have alot of powder or is it alot of snowmaking?
Well, skiers who favor Utah or the PNW (or Wolf Creek) will tell you they don't have much powder at all. They do have a fair bit of snow making but I've never been there early enough to experience it.
post #65 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Well, skiers who favor Utah or the PNW (or Wolf Creek) will tell you they don't have much powder at all. They do have a fair bit of snow making but I've never been there early enough to experience it.
I went to wolf creek last year that is the first time I have ever
Skied in real powder it was awsome. Lift lines were short too !!! I have been to keystone but i was so virgin to Skiing I stayed on the green and yellows but I am sure you are famliar with their conditions.
post #66 of 70
GW, to see replies to threads you are involved in, click on the UserCP on the menu at the top of most pages. The User Control Panel is your gateway to all of your thread subscriptions as well as user settings and even paid supporter subscriptions. By using the UserCP, you will always see when someone has replied to a thread you are subscribed to. Also on that top menu line are New Posts. That button does a search and lists in order the newest posts on all forums you have access to. If you want to get involved in an active discussion, that is a good place to look.
post #67 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Well, skiers who favor Utah or the PNW (or Wolf Creek) will tell you they don't have much powder at all. They do have a fair bit of snow making but I've never been there early enough to experience it.
Yep, most of the I-70 resorts make snow on a few key runs to get us started then Mother Nature takes over.
post #68 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSkiGirl View Post
Yep, most of the I-70 resorts make snow on a few key runs to get us started then Mother Nature takes over.
I know some people at my wife's work who booked a condo at wolf creek last year the week after thanksgiving and had no snow. They were upset to say the least. They have been booking this same time for years and said this is the first year this has ever happened to them.
post #69 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Skier View Post
I know some people at my wife's work who booked a condo at wolf creek last year the week after thanksgiving and had no snow. They were upset to say the least. They have been booking this same time for years and said this is the first year this has ever happened to them.
Two years ago, there was decent skiing at Wolfcreek by Halloween. Last year, they had 1 inch of precipitation prior to thanksgiving. I drove all the way to Summit County to ski the WROD at A-basin because I just couldn't wait.



The week after that, the skies opened up and 5 feet of snow fell on Wolfcreek on a 3-day span.
12/01/07:


12/02/07:






And then, almost 200 inches of snow fell in a 3-week span. Wofcreek can be really good on the early season when Mother Nature cooperates. I'm hoping this year the snow comes before their scheduled opening date, Nov. 7.
post #70 of 70
Thread Starter 
I really liked wolf creek especially up on the sumitt

Your right no snow machines there Just you and Mother Nature!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion