EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Vail Keystone Breckenridge Beaver Creek Lesson deals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vail Keystone Breckenridge Beaver Creek Lesson deals

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Got an email from Vail resorts a few days ago with their lessons deals for 2008. Seems like the coolest new thing is the Keystone Family Freedom deal.

It is a 4 pack of kids lessons for $225. It includes Lunch and (normally) pay parking. There are some blackout days. This is approximately $56/day.

I bought 3 of them.

This is way cheaper then Breckenridge Bombers that we were doing before, which ends up being around $75/day and doesn't include anything. Also with Bombers it is a set program with certain days that you have to attend. The keystone deal is just a pass that you redeem for lessons.

Here is a link. Seems like you have to have a season pass to get the lesson deal.

http://www.snow.com/passsales/learn%20to%20ski.aspx
post #2 of 15
Breck does unlimited group lessons Th-Sun for $169 for the season (with some blackout dates) if you have a pass.
post #3 of 15
If you didn't buy the unlimited lesson plan last spring, the current price is $199. Blackout dates below.

Blackout Dates are:
25 Dec - 4 Jan
17 - 18 Jan
12 - 15 Feb
12 - 29 Mar !!
9 - 12 Apr

I still think it is a good deal.

Mike
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaar View Post
Breck does unlimited group lessons Th-Sun for $169 for the season (with some blackout dates) if you have a pass.
Yeah.. if you look at the above site.. it is $199 this year. Also it is only for adults. The best deal for kids seems to be the keystone deal.
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaar View Post
Breck does unlimited group lessons Th-Sun for $169 for the season (with some blackout dates) if you have a pass.
Tried to find this on the Breck website but couldn't.

Are you sure this is still available for 2009?
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
I just posted right above this. $169 was last year. $199 is this year. You can see it on the web-site on the original post that I put up. Again.. this lesson pass is only for adults.

I've done this for the last 2 seasons. It's a pretty good deal for adult lessons (or to skip lift lines on weekends).
post #7 of 15

Colorado Pass only

Breck Unlimted Lesson Plan can only be purchased if you buy a Colorado Pass , not an Epic Pass. Only those grandfathered in last year can buy an Epic Pass and still qualify for the lesson plan. I had to exchange my Epic Pass for my old Colorado Pass to get the lesson plan. Since I don't ski Vail / BC more than 10 time's anyway, actully saved money. Can't understand why Vail Resorts do this.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa fred View Post
Breck Unlimted Lesson Plan can only be purchased if you buy a Colorado Pass , not an Epic Pass. Only those grandfathered in last year can buy an Epic Pass and still qualify for the lesson plan. I had to exchange my Epic Pass for my old Colorado Pass to get the lesson plan. Since I don't ski Vail / BC more than 10 time's anyway, actully saved money. Can't understand why Vail Resorts do this.
I noticed this on the link. Weird.

We have the Epic Pass, which we won't exchange for CO Pass because we plan on mostly skiing BC and Vail.

So, it appears the Breck lessons are out.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa fred View Post
Breck Unlimted Lesson Plan can only be purchased if you buy a Colorado Pass , not an Epic Pass. Only those grandfathered in last year can buy an Epic Pass and still qualify for the lesson plan. I had to exchange my Epic Pass for my old Colorado Pass to get the lesson plan. Since I don't ski Vail / BC more than 10 time's anyway, actully saved money. Can't understand why Vail Resorts do this.
Wow.. That is pretty lame. Wonder why they did that??

I won't be skiing at Breckenridge that much this year. I ended up getting the 3 Keystone family Freedom passes (12 lessons) instead of doing Breck's Bomber's program for my son. I used to do the adult lessons add-on for some snowboarding tips and to avoid lift lines at Breck on the weekends.

Some of this stuff doesn't make a lot of sense. I emailed the director of specialty lessons at Breck. This year with the Keystone thing.. It makes Keystones lessons so much better/cheaper.
post #10 of 15
wow, that makes little sense to not include the epic pass in the deal.
post #11 of 15
Actually, it makes perfect sense. The Epic Pass is aimed at out of towners who they are hoping to get the money from on the food/lodging/lesson side. Vail Resorts knows that locals are less likely to spend any money on lessons so this is a way to get locals (those who can buy the pass in person as required by the Colorado Pass) to cough up a bit more cash. Those out of towners who want lessons get to pay full price. The locals that bought the Epic pass are a small amount of collateral damage.
post #12 of 15
I didn't realize you could buy the Epic Pass online if you weren't renewing.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaar View Post
I didn't realize you could buy the Epic Pass online if you weren't renewing.
Yes, that's the whole point, they get out of towners to commit to their pas which means they come for a week or two or more and most likely need lodging, food etc.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSkiGirl View Post
Actually, it makes perfect sense. The Epic Pass is aimed at out of towners who they are hoping to get the money from on the food/lodging/lesson side. Vail Resorts knows that locals are less likely to spend any money on lessons so this is a way to get locals (those who can buy the pass in person as required by the Colorado Pass) to cough up a bit more cash. Those out of towners who want lessons get to pay full price. The locals that bought the Epic pass are a small amount of collateral damage.
An insightful analysis, which makes perfect sense.

You read tea leaves well.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSkiGirl View Post
Yes, that's the whole point, they get out of towners to commit to their pas which means they come for a week or two or more and most likely need lodging, food etc.
I definitely understand the point behind it (now that I'm aware of it). I just didn't realize that they were doing it since it means little to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Vail Keystone Breckenridge Beaver Creek Lesson deals