- 4,166 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Milan, Italy; Madesimo, Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemWhitefish Mountain Resorttagged by System, 1/31/09
Related Forum Threads
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Whistler in February vs. April for Blue Square Skiers Last post on 4/27/16 at 6:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Kalispell - Whitefish Questions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Many years ago I took the train one-way from Milwaukee to Spokane, with a stop in Whitefish along the way. Riding the train ride was not bad, but you go through the prairies with nothing to look at, and it makes lots of stops, so it takes forever, I think coming from New York would be way too far and take way too long to be enjoyable in the least. One way was tolerable, but going both ways for that far would would be an ordeal, unless you are a real heavy drinker and would not mind waking up hungover and still having another day and a half on the train, obviously not an option for your family. Maybe Amtrak has an express route now, but the romance of the train wears off quickly when it keeps stopping and you just want to be there.
On the accomodations, I would recommend staying in Whitefish rather than Kalispell. Much better vibe.
This is an old thread from last year which was resurrected. I decided against the train pretty much for those reasons. Never found decent airfare either, so we bailed out and ended up at the MIGHTY OKEMO instead!! I'll get there some day though. For now, I'll hang on until our March trip to Telluride and Crested Butte.
- Kalispell - Whitefish Questions
- › 2016: 1, 2, or 3 ski quiver? 2 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 6 minutes ago
- › Nordica Enforcer 93 sizing question 14 minutes ago
- › if you were to have just one pair of skis...which ones and why? 16 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 19 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 20 minutes ago
- › Any tyrolia Ambition skiers out there? 23 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 29 minutes ago
- › Whistler sure...Off to a great opening. 32 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 34 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues