- 4,166 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Milan, Italy; Madesimo, Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemWhitefish Mountain Resorttagged by System, 1/31/09
Related Forum Threads
- Debate: Whitefish v. Steamboat Last post on 1/8/17 at 3:56pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016/2017 Wyoming/Montana/Idaho Updates and Discussion Last post on 2/16/17 at 1:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Kalispell - Whitefish Questions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Many years ago I took the train one-way from Milwaukee to Spokane, with a stop in Whitefish along the way. Riding the train ride was not bad, but you go through the prairies with nothing to look at, and it makes lots of stops, so it takes forever, I think coming from New York would be way too far and take way too long to be enjoyable in the least. One way was tolerable, but going both ways for that far would would be an ordeal, unless you are a real heavy drinker and would not mind waking up hungover and still having another day and a half on the train, obviously not an option for your family. Maybe Amtrak has an express route now, but the romance of the train wears off quickly when it keeps stopping and you just want to be there.
On the accomodations, I would recommend staying in Whitefish rather than Kalispell. Much better vibe.
This is an old thread from last year which was resurrected. I decided against the train pretty much for those reasons. Never found decent airfare either, so we bailed out and ended up at the MIGHTY OKEMO instead!! I'll get there some day though. For now, I'll hang on until our March trip to Telluride and Crested Butte.
- Kalispell - Whitefish Questions
- › Ski carving how to improve 4 minutes ago
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 15 minutes ago
- › Before and after 28 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 32 minutes ago
- › Who makes the best ski gloves? 46 minutes ago
- › recovering from a torn rotator cuff 53 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Telluride - trip timing advice 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!