New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

where to move to?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I've lived in colorado for a long time and I'm looking at places to move, but I dont know where. obviously I'm looking for the best places to ski. I also dont wanna live in a really small town. I've been looking at places in Montana and California. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!
post #2 of 17
Hello futureskibum and welcome.
Why don't you write down a few lines and post an introduction here :
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...=45435&page=17

As for your question, I'm not from the USA so I don't think I should point anywhere specific but, for sure here you'll find pelple who live/ski in both your home state and in the other two.
From what I've read here over the years, Colorado ain't that bad!
Our "founder father" is from Lake Tahoe, another location that
gets named a lot is Missoula...
So, let's see what others will tell you!
Again, welcome and enjoy Epicski!
post #3 of 17
Silverthorne, brah. Otherwise, SLC might be a good choice.
post #4 of 17
Reno, NV might be an option...close to great skiing in the Lake Tahoe area.
post #5 of 17
This topic has never been covered before. Ever.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan View Post
This topic has never been covered before. Ever.
Give him a break.

You can use the "Search" function for almost every thread posted here, and not ask for anyone's input.

But then, the forum becomes a library. The interactive dynamic is what makes it fun.
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskibum View Post
I've lived in colorado for a long time and I'm looking at places to move, but I dont know where. obviously I'm looking for the best places to ski. I also dont wanna live in a really small town. I've been looking at places in Montana and California. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!
Ditto on Reno or Truckee in CA or NV. Lake Tahoe resorts are among the best.

Heavier snow than what you're used to in CO, but the tonnage of snow can be staggering.

I'd also consider Jackson Hole, provided you're not looking for a career.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Strato View Post
Give him a break.
What, and spoil my reputation as a PITA?

Really, there's not much to go on here. The guys wants to live somewhere there's snow. Cool. That rules out 90% of the country, but the other 10% leaves a lot of choices. I'd answer in a less smart assed manner if there anything worth answering.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan View Post
This topic has never been covered before. Ever.
well .... maybe never initiated by a Colorado resident
post #10 of 17
Never been but I have often thought of Reno as a location to relocate to.
post #11 of 17
Nebraska I am moving out in the next year and a half so YOU can move here! We can write each other while I am in Washington.
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan View Post
What, and spoil my reputation as a PITA?
You're not too painful.
post #13 of 17
If you're a decent skier, Anchorage...
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskibum View Post
If anyone has any ideas that would be great!
Kin folk said, Jed, move away from there
Said, Californy is the place you oughta be
post #15 of 17
I've always been intrigued by Bozeman, MT, but never been there. Medium-sized town, lots of skiing around. Taos. Ketchum, Idaho. All places I've not been, but imagine living in from time to time.
post #16 of 17

Places to live

Couer D' Alene, Idaho. 4 ski areas within an hours drive. Mt. Spokane, Schweitzer, 49 degrees North, silver Mt. Also within 2 hours plus or minus Red, Whitewater in B C. Long weekend 3-4 days to Rev elstoke and Kicking Horse, Kimberly, Panorama, Fernie and Whitefish.

Spokane is about 25 min away. Great symphony, Western Hockey league champs last year, great fishing, golf and above all people and almost no crime.
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete No. Idaho View Post

Spokane....Western Hockey league champs last year.
Yeah, yeah......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion