New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need vs. Want - Page 2

post #31 of 50
Need:
Time off

Want:
Time off
post #32 of 50
Thread Starter 
Want: Lola to get new skis.

Need: I am a simple man with simple needs.
post #33 of 50
I've got enough stuff to keep me warm and ski in any condition. I still want more but I want and NEED:
More time.
More ability.
post #34 of 50
Need : New skis, enough snow and money to ski those skis
Want : New skis, enough snow and money to ski those skis
post #35 of 50
Nobody needs new skis.
post #36 of 50
yeah sure they do - when the wear out.

My friend really does - he's got like 205 skinny skis, been out of skiing for a few years (like 10) and wants to get back to it.

Well ... you can be a throw back I guess but it'll be more fun with modern equipment.
post #37 of 50
A professional skier who breaks his skis....NEEDS new skis.
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct55;951550
My friend really does - he's got like 205 skinny skis, been out of skiing for a few years (like 10) and wants to get back to it.

Well ... you can be a throw back I guess [B
but it'll be more fun[/b] with modern equipment.

I don't think so...

So I guess all you guys hated skiing for all those years....just did it for something to do
post #39 of 50
Boy, you guys just don't get it. Nobody needs new skis.
post #40 of 50
After I typed my response I looked at it sideways and said, I wonder if he meant.........
post #41 of 50
:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan View Post
Boy, you guys just don't get it. Nobody needs new skis.
Well at least somebody at epicski needs new skis.
post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
I "need" a pair of low price tele boots.
I want Garmont Synergys. My instructors sneer and grumble when they see my Squadras.

"Squatters? Ugh, can you flex 'em?" I shrugged.

To me and a guy using Garas, "You guys are cheapskates, get some nice boots." We shrugged.

Anyway, my "Squatters" might be looking for a new home. Size 28.5. Best suited for a heavy weight, advanced telemarker who skis from lifts exclusively and is too cheap or poor to get nice boots. A heavy weight, advanced alpine skier could probably learn telemark with these big, heavy, stiff boots.
post #44 of 50
seeing that I broke in new boots, skied a whopping five times last season, and I have four pair of skis I've never used I'm more than overflowing with gear.

I need to get my little ones on the mountain agian and in lessons.

I want to get 10 days on the snow this year.
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post
I want Garmont Synergys. My instructors sneer and grumble when they see my Squadras.

"Squatters? Ugh, can you flex 'em?" I shrugged.

To me and a guy using Garas, "You guys are cheapskates, get some nice boots." We shrugged.

Anyway, my "Squatters" might be looking for a new home. Size 28.5. Best suited for a heavy weight, advanced telemarker who skis from lifts exclusively and is too cheap or poor to get nice boots. A heavy weight, advanced alpine skier could probably learn telemark with these big, heavy, stiff boots.
Interested if you are offering...
post #46 of 50
Need:Snow, a hill, go go juice money (gas) and food.
New ski pants.....researching this.
I need a new waxing iron......most likely another swix only a higher end one.
I need more ski wax.

Want: The list is endless.........
New Volkl AC 50s.

Boots: Technica race pro 110s (all mountain/backcountry boot). I have the Race R's H13s and love them dearly for my race skis.

Race Stock skis: Fischer Sl rc4
Volkl racetiger sl
Elan slx
Park skis:
I want another set of 2007-2008 volkl walls (broke my last pair). Have jesters for them already.

Misc: Another pair of superfeet insoles and another set of hottronics M4s for my new boots.
I also have an endless coat fetish.
post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
Need:
Time off

Want:
Time off
Agreed, I am in college working almost full time to try to attempt to fund my own business when I graduate. Skiing is taking a back seat in the finance department .
post #48 of 50
Need:
One pair of more powder ready ski.

Want:
A second pair of boots like Nordica Blowers.
Nordica Hot Rod Nitrous or Afterburners or Hellcats.
Völkl Gotamas or Mantras
Atomic Snoop Daddies
Head Mojo 94s
Head Supershapes
Enough snow
Nice weather (whatever you need at a certain time)
Double the time for skiing
post #49 of 50
Ah... I forgot.
And would like to test the new Kästle MX 88 and 98.
post #50 of 50
Need:Nothing

Want:Some fun shape ski+conditions to make them worth it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion