New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ski/Binding Systems - Page 2

post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
I have nothing against plates per say. I just wish the ski/binding manufactuers had one "Standard" as far as hole pattern is concerned. That way you could have some of the plates advantages and still choose the binding YOU want to use with it. Much like the "DIN" boot sole, we would then have a "DIN" standard mounting pattern.(Or maybe limit it to two, so the turntable heel can make a comeback! )
Ain't gonna happen. Sorry.
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Ain't gonna happen. Sorry.

"I have a dream"

Phil, There you go piss'n on my cornflakes again
post #33 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
"I have a dream"

Phil, There you go piss'n on my cornflakes again
Shall we add this emoticon and call it "Phil"?
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
Shall we add this emoticon and call it "Phil"?

+1
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
"I have a dream"

Phil, There you go piss'n on my cornflakes again
Truth hurts bud.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone designs an adaptor for Blizzards IQ system. But look at it from the manufacturers point of view..why would a company, who owns (or is in bed with) a particular binding company make an option for that ski ski to used with another binding when they will make less money? To paraphrase Dr. Evil.... "Why make thousands, when you can make...Hundreds???"
post #36 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Truth hurts bud.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone designs an adaptor for Blizzards IQ system. But look at it from the manufacturers point of view..why would a company, who owns (or is in bed with) a particular binding company make an option for that ski ski to used with another binding when they will make less money? To paraphrase Dr. Evil.... "Why make thousands, when you can make...Hundreds???"

Damn, there you go again. Shattered ANOTHER illusion.

So, it's ALL about the MONEY eah?
post #37 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
Damn, there you go again. Shattered ANOTHER illusion.

So, it's ALL about the MONEY eah?
I bet its one of those "profit schemes!"
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post

'Hostage Plate'.
This made me laugh.

Describe "better" skis...

Aren't all big mountain/powder skis sold flat? When I think of intergrated bindings, only carvers/frontside/race skis come to mind.

Is there a ski that is 90mm+ (not one at 100mm+???) that comes with an intergrated binding?

Also, a rep told be that integrated bindings are the way of the future as shop techs in George or Florida can mount them with little error or liability- as opposed tothe skills needed to correctly mount a flat ski.
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiing-in-Jackson View Post

Is there a ski that is 90mm+ (not one at 100mm+???) that comes with an intergrated binding?

Also, a rep told be that integrated bindings are the way of the future as shop techs in George or Florida can mount them with little error or liability- as opposed tothe skills needed to correctly mount a flat ski.
Blizzard Titan series (3 skis)

Nordica Hellcat/Helldiver

to name a few.


Not so much that southern dealers could mount skis but so they can make more money and add the possibility of selling direct in the future and not be tied into the costly dealer networks. But they are finding the dealers are a necessary evil.
post #40 of 41
Yeah, I've got a friend who owns a sporting goods store here in Milan. Skiing's not his speciality, though he moves a good number of skis in a season. He told me a big part of the math behind his ordering in recent years is mounting time/ease. Not surprisingly, he's pushed harder to sell skis he can mount fast, meaning anything that doesn't have to be drilled. This is a big issue, since he himself, shopowner, does all the mounting. He's been going hard toward Nordica for a few years now mostly for this reason, pushing the brand to customers and ordering more skis from them. Not a question at all about what works better for the skier, just convenience for the dealer (not that I can blame him, really).
post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiing-in-Jackson View Post
...a rep told be that integrated bindings are the way of the future as shop techs in George or Florida can mount them with little error or liability- as opposed tothe skills needed to correctly mount a flat ski.
Another point in favor of integrated ski/binding systems. Not only does it do away with the moronic practice of drilling and screwing bindings into skis (and destroying their value), but it also makes mounting bindings idiot-proof.

I for one would be very happy to be able to take my new skis and bindings home the day I purchase them and mount the bindings myself without having a ski tech's shop in my basement.

The tele folks are figuring it out (that's exactly what I did with my wife's new K2 Schi Devils), so why not let the alpine folks figure it out (yes it's more complicated, which means we need to be more patient and live with being binding hostages for a while)?

It's unfortunate that the teething pains of progress is always seen as all-bad or even a conspiracy by all the nay-sayers of the world? I'm talking to you EpicSki Luddites of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion