20 years from now....Lets see.
1. There will be fewer major resorts, owned by large conglomerates like they are today. The smaller less pretensious ones will be far enough away from urban/suburban centers so they won't be able to sell the land for homes, but they will have been in business at last since 1980, so all the major and basic investment costs have been written off, and therefore they can afford to stay in business, provided they are not carrying more than 30% debt as a ratio to toatal assets.
2. Lift tickets durung Xmas week at any major resort will be well over $100.00. Season passes will be over $2000.00, and nearby labor will be hard to come by at a reasonable expense due to the continue short fall of affordable housing in ski towns. You will be compelled to stay at these resorts so you can get a deal on eveything at a package rate price.Otherwise, only the very very wealthy will be able to afford to ski or ride.
3. It will be 75-80% riders no more than
25 % skiers.Exception being the new split snowboards [ see below.]
4. The median age of riders will be at least 15-20 years younger than for skiers.
5. Year around resorts will try to increase their market shares from a shrinking pie of skiers and boarders, with special marketing programs aimed at the very old Baby boomers, their own childrn and grand children.
6. Boots, bindings, and skis totaly integrated, and will cost at least $2000.00 for all three top of the line for the best.
7. Totally integretation of boots, step in bindings, and snow boards.
8. There will be a narrower, but slightly longer snowboards that can easily be separated into two separate boards and then you can ski them as short but fat styled skis.Your binding will also be a free heel one as well, if you so choose. Same boots and bindings for all the skiing and riding options or the splitable boards.
9. The 2022 Winter Olympics will be held in the Ural Mountains of Russia.
10. Only the wealthiest of countries will be able to have the winter Olympics due the continuing high cost of security.
11. There will only be three skiing publications, and at least 7 Snowboard publciations.
12. The "new School" approach to skiing will dominate future World Cup and Olympic competions with "X Game " Style of sports.
13. The appeals for reversing event outcomes will be ever increasing and burdensome to the games. If it continues, the Olympics will have to be revamped, or abondened to another time in histroy.