Originally Posted by starthaus
this ain't rocket science. it is mounting a pair of race skis that have already been mounted.
some thoughts to consider:
1. all the mounting points for fischer race skis are readily available from any fischer race dealer. you can pm me if you want to know the mid sole mark in mm.
2. the midsole mark is not
centered between the black plates. it can be, how ever the plates have different gaps for different models and sizes of fischer race skis.
3. campbell balancer? you must be from the 80's. failed product, failed marketing, rejected by the ski manufacturers, for ski shops that have too much time on their hands and not enough understanding of the sport of ski racing, totally without merit in the world of ski racing. race stock skis generally single mounting point. mount them and go even if it is close you are ok. some race skis still use toe mark instead of midsole mark. those suppliers still reach the podium. how can that be? hard pressed to believe that a ski race was ever won on a pair of skis mounted with the campbell balancer. somebody show me the facts that prove that statement false? (not counting Minneapolis beer leagues) home of the campbell balancer.
4. use the same binding that was on the ski, in the same holes if your boot sole size is close to the original mount BSL. if you are switching bindings you may have to fudge mounting position if you have interference from the old holes.
5. the toe and heel plates from fischer are interchangable. so if there is any interference or if you feel the need
to have your BSL exactly on the recommended mid-sole mark, the toe and heel plates can be switched from front to rear and vise versa. when flipped around there will be little or no interference when mounting a toe on the reversed heel plate, and the heel on the reversed toe plate.
6. armed with this info what is the worst thing that could happen to you or your skis at any ski shop USA?
7. or, if it is that bad in the NYC area, have your bear friend ship the skis to any of the fischer race dealers listed on the website. they can drill the ski for any race binding and your BSL. then ship them back to you.
good luck, report back to us on how you resolved your quest.