New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Video Embedding update

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
We have made some minor improvements in embedded video here. First, the size is much larger. So far, we can embed YouTube, Google and Vimeo videos. I added buttons to the text editor that will make the code brackets.

YouTube [ YOUTUBE][/youtube]
Vimeo [ VIMEO][/VIMEO]

All you do is put the index number between the brackets, and you are all set. So without the space next to the bracket,
[ YOUTUBE]i6iThG97ZrA[/youtube]

becomes



And Tyrone can be happy too.

[ VIMEO]1345821[/VIMEO]

[VIMEO]1345821[/VIMEO]
post #2 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
We have made some minor improvements in embedded video here. First, the size is much larger. So far, we can embed YouTube, Google and Vimeo videos. I added buttons to the text editor that will make the code brackets.
Minor improvements?? Hell, this is a great upgrade! Nice work, admins!! This will improve trip reporting immensely, at least for me. I like using video TR's much more than photos, or at least doing combos and the larger sizes and greater number of choices is a big improvement. Any luck using Photobucket embeds?
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
If it can be embedded, I can put it in. I'll check.
post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 
Ok dude, here is a photobucket embed. Its still a bit rough and requires the whole url code between the brackets:

Example
[ photobucket]http://vid279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/christerwhitworth/41a9ea8a.pbr&hostname=stream279.photobucket.com[/photobucket]

Take out the space and you get this: (I'll try to clean it up)


[photobucket]http://vid279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/christerwhitworth/41a9ea8a.pbr&hostname=stream279.photobucket.com[/photobucket]



Its got bugs because there is more than one video source on Photobucket. I'll try again later.
post #5 of 20
On my browser (IE 7), CR's first post is truncated about an inch from the right border by the ad space. Actually, truncated is probably not the right term, I think the ad is positioned over the text blocking out everything to the right of:

Third sentence, So far,we can em.......

Last Sentence: So without the space next to the br......

Otherwise I like it!

Edit::

Wait! hold the presses, now the text is overlayed on the ad---blocking portions of the ad???? Huh?
post #6 of 20
Quit whining about the ads. Just pretend Cirque traded them for bigger vid posts. It's a good trade. I wonder what else they might add since nobody is trying to get rich operating this forum ??

Well done Tom . I like it.
post #7 of 20
I've been wondering for a while if it was possible to generically embed videos from our own servers versus using a 3rd party. We are and will be developing tuning & waxing technique video clips (one small example shown here). It looks like one or two more steps and we could share them here.

What's involved in setting up a video embed path? Does it have to remain fixed or adjustable?

Thanks!
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ View Post
Quit whining about the ads. Just pretend Cirque traded them for bigger vid posts. It's a good trade. I wonder what else they might add since nobody is trying to get rich operating this forum ??

Well done Tom . I like it.
Gary, that was not a whine, that was what appears on my browser to be a bug!

Maybe its just my browser, maybe not.

Kinda like when the cable TV goes out and you wonder for awhile and them finally call 2 hours later --- fully expecting to be told "we're working on it' and the cable company says---" thats the first we heard of that"

At first the ad overlayed the post box and then it switched so that the box now overlays the ad.

Now its back to overlaying the post box

I like the size change for videos very much!
post #9 of 20
skier_J, have you tried Firefox instead of IE?
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wear The Fox Hat View Post
skier_J, have you tried Firefox instead of IE?
I will when I get home, at work I don't have that option.

I can't make changes like that to my software since it is not in the list of software our IT guys support.

Same with things like pop up and other ad blockers. I would be in trouble if I started --- willy nilly --- adding sftware to my work machine that was not given an official baptism by IT.

However, seems to me that if one of the most readily available and widely used browsers has issues, they should be addressed.

I realize this is day one of the new option---just pointing out appears to be a bug---not complaining.

Oh, and right now---the post box overlays the ad---no the other way 'round---I can't keep up

seems to switch back and forth ---
post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
I've been wondering for a while if it was possible to generically embed videos from our own servers versus using a 3rd party. We are and will be developing tuning & waxing technique video clips (one small example shown here). It looks like one or two more steps and we could share them here.

What's involved in setting up a video embed path? Does it have to remain fixed or adjustable?

Thanks!
Terry, as a sponsor, I think you may have access to the video player that will be hosted on EpicSki to provide premium content. Its pretty nice and is capable of HD. Talk to Andrew H and dcneiner about this. I like the idea.
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_j View Post
On my browser (IE 7), CR's first post is truncated about an inch from the right border by the ad space. Actually, truncated is probably not the right term, I think the ad is positioned over the text blocking out everything to the right of:
SkierJ, what resolution are you using on your montor? At least 1024x768?
post #13 of 20
1024X 768let me try a couple different resolutions and see what happens
post #14 of 20
OK, I went up to 1600 X 1200 in whatever increments (3) were available and still the same thing in each resolution.Currently, the thread box is overlaying the ad---that is subject to change at will tho....
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
I opened the page in IE as a guest, and can still see the whole page. There are some weird artifacts, like I can't see the style chooser, and the ads came up on the left.
post #16 of 20
If i change styles and put the ads on the left, I can see the entire screen---but I have to scroll right to see the entire thread box. With the ads on the right, it appears that it doesn't want to resize properly to see the entire thread box AND the ads.

maybe try a new thread with another video to test and see if it happens all the time or just this first thread????

Is it possible that something in the first try is whacky???

off to golf, I'll see what happens when I get home tonite.
post #17 of 20
must have been my work computer---my laptop (IE7) and desktop (firefox) both have no problems

In best Rosanne Rosanna dana voice

never mind
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_j View Post
must have been my work computer---my laptop (IE7) and desktop (firefox) both have no problems

In best Rosanne Rosanna dana voice

never mind
Bummer now you'll have to bring your laptop to post here during the day.

I'm sorry about my jerky post. You deserve better.
post #19 of 20
Dammit! Now this is going to make me feel the need to get a real video camera!
post #20 of 20
Thanks Tom for the great work.
I have noticed a "strange" behavior when viewing linked videos (any video behaves so) either at Epic or at Youtube.
As a browser, I mainly use Firefox (2.0.0.16)
Now, when I click on a video here on epic or on youtube, the video loads for its full length but when the player starts, I get only 2-3 seconds of said video and then it stops playing.
The bypass for me is to go to the Firefox cache, take the file off (copy it out of the cache) add an extension of .flv to it and view it "offline" standalone.
The other option is to use I.E (7) where it works...

Just checked and the above is true for Vimeo as well (but I can't find the download file in my Firefox cache...)

Any idea is welcome
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home