EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › You had me at Backcountry Release Waiver...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You had me at Backcountry Release Waiver...

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

7/5/08

Living in denial,
Jake
post #2 of 10
I saw this on another site and it looks just as cool here. Way to get after it. What did the snow feel like ? It looks firm and grabby.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ View Post
What did the snow feel like ? It looks firm and grabby.
Yeah, if there were more details I would surely be interested in reading them.... but I find beauty in Jake's brevity. He's out there doing it and reporting back. That's a big plenty in my book
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
.... but I find beauty in Jake's brevity. He's out there doing it and reporting back. That's a big plenty in my book
X2!!!
:
Bring on More Stoke!!
post #5 of 10
Jake:

Is that Main Baldy Chute at Alta?

Looks fun.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters View Post
Is that Main Baldy Chute at Alta?
Signs point to yes.
post #7 of 10
Are those your rock skis?
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ View Post
I saw this on another site and it looks just as cool here. Way to get after it. What did the snow feel like ? It looks firm and grabby.
It was smooth like butta. Not grabby at all except in the flats and soft enough to kick up nice piles of slush at every turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Yeah, if there were more details I would surely be interested in reading them.... but I find beauty in Jake's brevity. He's out there doing it and reporting back. That's a big plenty in my book


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
X2!!!
:
Bring on More Stoke!!
You can bank on helmet cam footy showing up later this week :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters View Post
Jake:

Is that Main Baldy Chute at Alta?

Looks fun.
Main it is. Its pretty awesome, Baldy is totally dry with not snow and you start hiking down the ridge and POOF! A giant strip appears out of nowhere!
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
Are those your rock skis?
As my dad used to say, "There rock skis from the day you buy them, it just takes you some time to accept it"
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeCast View Post
As my dad used to say, "There rock skis from the day you buy them, it just takes you some time to accept it"
Nice pic and the above quote is wisdom indeed:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trip Reports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › You had me at Backcountry Release Waiver...