New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new toy

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
It's no singlespeed. It doesn't have 29" wheels. It's not rigid or even a hardtail. You can't even ride it up a hill. But it's hella fun going down one!



Intense M6!

Thanks to Skiershop for making it happen. If anyone here is interested in an Intense bicycle, be sure to check with Whiteroom. He has quite a few in stock, more on the way and will do special orders (like this one).
post #2 of 22
OMG!
Epic Posted a picture!!!
Sweeeeeet Ride, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
It's no singlespeed. It doesn't have 29" wheels. It's not rigid or even a hardtail. You can't even ride it up a hill. But it's hella fun going down one!



Intense M6!

Thanks to Skiershop for making it happen. If anyone here is interested in an Intense bicycle, be sure to check with Whiteroom. He has quite a few in stock, more on the way and will do special orders (like this one).
post #3 of 22
That is one truly Badass DH bike.

It makes the Socom look 'boring', but the pair will look good at the border crossing to Bromont.
post #4 of 22
All of the talk about how much faster a single speed makes you...

try riding a little DH, on a real DH bike. You learn to stay off the brakes and "Pin it, Ya' fairy", that'll make you faster also. It's amazing what a bike will roll over if you just get out of it's way and let it roll.
post #5 of 22

Hey Epic....

That's one fine bike stand....

sure puts my Park stand to shame
post #6 of 22
A push bike that won't go uphill? Why not put a motor on it? You need to drive your bike to a ski lift or shuttle? Pathetic. "Pin it, Ya' fairy".
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
That's one fine bike stand....

sure puts my Park stand to shame
Thats one of them thar fancy German bike stands.
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post
A push bike that won't go uphill? Why not put a motor on it? You need to drive your bike to a ski lift or shuttle? Pathetic. "Pin it, Ya' fairy".
Ha Ha, good one. LOL! I know you must be joking because we're on a downhill ski forum.
post #9 of 22
Hey Epic,

We see plenty of those (well Intenses but maybe not M6s) being ridden both downhill and up in the Wissahickon. If you want to give it a try, I could put you up. I take my pit bull out on those trails every a.m -- he runs, I walk.
post #10 of 22
I understood what lifts did to skiing when I saw DH riders walking their bikes to the K lift at Whitetail and walking the saddle betwen K and the detach. In case I need to spell it out for you, fixed heel bindings.
post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
So you earn all your turns? Good for you.
post #12 of 22
The money I spend on lift tickets is earned by my labor. I only bought 7 lift tickets last winter.
post #13 of 22
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post



Intense M6!

Thanks to Skiershop for making it happen. If anyone here is interested in an Intense bicycle, be sure to check with Whiteroom. He has quite a few in stock, more on the way and will do special orders (like this one).
It reminds me of my Yamaha Moto Bike from 1977. We used to ride them down a townhouse development with a mile long slope of 5-8 step drops about 50 feet apart All of our dirt BMX courses (made by neighborhood kids like myself) were downhills. :Push :it :back: up :to :the: top then :WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
post #14 of 22
...yet you still have an un-paved driveway.
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
...yet you still have an un-paved driveway.
Welcome to Vermont! Actually, I was riding the other day and noticed a paved driveway ending on a dirt road. I thought that was pretty amusing.
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
All of the talk about how much faster a single speed makes you...

try riding a little DH, on a real DH bike. You learn to stay off the brakes and "Pin it, Ya' fairy", that'll make you faster also. It's amazing what a bike will roll over if you just get out of it's way and let it roll.
This is why I love you guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
Welcome to Vermont! Actually, I was riding the other day and noticed a paved driveway ending on a dirt road. I thought that was pretty amusing.
This is something I think is nuts, even when I'm doing the fine grading to prep for the driveway.
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
That is one truly Badass DH bike.

It makes the Socom look 'boring', but the pair will look good at the border crossing to Bromont.
he has a Socom and a M6. PM coming with my address since i could afford niether and would love a DH bike. Current plan all XC on single speed, and sell the expensive trail bike for a DH bike.
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
No, Whiteroom has a SOCOM. One run on it last year at Bromont was all it took to make me buy the M6. The SOCOM is awesome.

Have you been getting up to Deer Valley at all this weekend?
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
No, Whiteroom has a SOCOM. One run on it last year at Bromont was all it took to make me buy the M6. The SOCOM is awesome.

Have you been getting up to Deer Valley at all this weekend?
I was up there to ride mid mountain but didnt watch at all, i kinda of hate watching people do stuff.

but it looks like a 1000 dollars would get me a pretty solid DH bike. used of course but still pretty solid.
post #20 of 22

O M G!!!!
::::::
post #21 of 22
Volklgirl, can you believe he and Whiteroom went riding today and haven't posted any awesome action pics yet?!!!
Sup wit dat?
post #22 of 22
Guess we'll have to go ride at Boyne and not post any pics either. That'll show 'em.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling