EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Food & Drink › Pug Ryan's Pub in Dillon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pug Ryan's Pub in Dillon

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Any other fan's of Pug's out there?
I can't get anywhere near Dillon without stopping
in for some Prime Rib and some great Microbrew :

If you haven't tried it yet.....stop in, you'll like it

Besides, plenty of great skiing close by........Keystone, Breck,
Copper and A-Basin
525x525px-LL-vbattach3424.gif
post #2 of 24
Ok, with a recommendation I'll probably try it out next year. I generally avoid restaurants that advertise heavily..... so I've never been.
post #3 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Ok, with a recommendation I'll probably try it out next year. I generally avoid restaurants that advertise heavily..... so I've never been.
Good idea!
Isn't it your turn to buy?:
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Ok, with a recommendation I'll probably try it out next year. I generally avoid restaurants that advertise heavily..... so I've never been.
Yeah, it's pretty good, BF. Not the deals you get at the Arapahoe Cafe, but good food and atmosphere.
post #5 of 24
no more talking about steak and microbrews on this forum!!

don't you people know that some of us are abroad and miss such foods on a daily basis?

It's killing me, already.

That and burritos. no talk of any taquerias, steak, prime-rib, microbrews, italian food or anything, really... thanks.
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
Good idea!
Isn't it your turn to buy?:
Absolutely

Do you like your steak:
Rare
or
Well

Oh wait.... wrong thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Yeah, it's pretty good, BF. Not the deals you get at the Arapahoe Cafe, but good food and atmosphere.
Cool Rick, will you join us
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 
If the snow gods are good to us next year, maybe a "Bears" gathering at Pug's following the A-Basin Mothers Day festivities??????


Whacha think?????
post #8 of 24
The name has a nice ring to it.
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
If the snow gods are good to us next year, maybe a "Bears" gathering at Pug's following the A-Basin Mothers Day festivities??????


Whacha think?????
Sounds good Rossi but lets do another one a bit earlier too. Say somewhere in the middle of March?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
The name has a nice ring to it.
Phil, you must get free beer there or something, right?
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
no more talking about steak and microbrews on this forum!!

don't you people know that some of us are abroad and miss such foods on a daily basis?

It's killing me, already.

That and burritos. no talk of any taquerias, steak, prime-rib, microbrews, italian food or anything, really... thanks.
Oh, Samurai, when you get back over here, come on over, I'll throw some 4H beef on the grill for you.

BF, answer in other thread.
post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 

Check out the dinner menu....

http://www.pugryans.com/home/dinner.php


I'm getting mighty hungry.....wonder if they deliver?
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post
http://www.pugryans.com/home/dinner.php


I'm getting mighty hungry.....wonder if they deliver?
Stop Tormenting Samurai!!!!
You could at least post something about a sushi bar to appease him!
post #13 of 24
Rossi Smash... you my friend, deserve a big plate of this:



Go on... top that!

(steak, my a$$ I don't need to stinking steak.)
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 

And you....

will NOT be enjoying this for dinner any time soon......


Sticker is for Phil
525x525px-LL-vbattach3427.gif
525x525px-LL-vbattach3428.jpg
post #15 of 24
Rossi for the win. Steamed veggies make it healthy!

There's worms in that raw fish . Don't kid yourself.
post #16 of 24
Not that I would choose sushi over prime rib, NEVER, but fresh raw fish is exceptionally healthy. I have never encountered any worms. But, I am also a freshness freak. Many fisherman eat fish right on the boat. Fillet it up, pull out some Wasabi and Soy, dip and eat. The bacteria microbes in the meat is why it is served with wasabi. When fish meat ages, that bacteria grows like crazy because the fish is no longer alive to fight infection. Just like beef.

People that avoid sushi because they think they'll get sick really are misinformed. I'm not looking to hijack this thread, but... that's the same as me saying that Japan should continue the American beef ban because of Mad Cow disease. The fear is just not warranted, yet it is strong enough to actually ban imports. (hence a steak costs me 70 bucks in this country- no joke. That prime rib would be closer to 100)

I would never eat raw tuna in Minnesota, for example. There's no way that's fresh.

No sushi restaurant in Japan will ever serve fish that is more than 20 hours old. It's practically a sin. I've even been served a breathing fish fresh from the aquarium and filleted so delicately it's gills still gasped. that was a bit nuts, though, albeit quite common. High-end sushi restaurants let you choose your fish from the aquarium. Imagine choosing your cow, or even your cut. (not a feasible argument, I know.)

Goddammit... now I'm about ready to spend that 100.
post #17 of 24
Well, if a fish has parasitic worms it has them when it's alive so freshness doesn't play much of a role here. Don't know how they do it in other parts of the world but where I'm from the health code requires that all fish to be consumed raw be frozen. The fish must be frozen to a temp of -4F for at least seven days...... or down to something like -30 for 36 hours to kill the anisakid.
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Imagine choosing your cow, or even your cut. (not a feasible argument, I know.)
That was a great Simpsons episode.

I haven't had sushi for a couple of weeks...time for some.
post #19 of 24
Lisa: "I'm a vegetarian. I don't eat meat."

Homer: "Do you eat bacon?"
Lisa: "No."
Homer: "Do you eat pork?"
Lisa: "No."
Homer: "Ham?"
Lisa: "It's the same animal!"
Homer: "Oh sure, Lisa. Like there's some magical animal... "

Lisa: "uhhhh..."
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Well, if a fish has parasitic worms it has them when it's alive so freshness doesn't play much of a role here. Don't know how they do it in other parts of the world but where I'm from the health code requires that all fish to be consumed raw be frozen. The fish must be frozen to a temp of -4F for at least seven days...... or down to something like -30 for 36 hours to kill the anisakid.
BF, the "freeze it" rule is for restaurants that can't provide freshness. Like I said, I would never eat sushi (tuna, for example) in Minnesota.

Yes, freezing kills growth, but so does actually eating it before the growth. All tissue has bacteria microbes in it. Your human face has bacteria fighting for a chance to sustain itself.

Living animals exist because their immune systems fight those bacterias, as do you. Once you kill that immune system, you're setting yourself up for hell. Distribution is the one reason why raw beef is not consumed statewide.

Slaughter a cow, eat it's loins, and beat your chest, boy! That' shite's healthy. Slaughter a cow, send it through packaging, and distribution, and retail... then eat it raw, and you're setting yourself up a nightmare.

"You have to cook it!"

Fresh doesn't need to be cooked. Humans surpassed that biology millenia ago. You too have evolved to tolerate fresh meat. It just has to be fresh.
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
BF, the "freeze it" rule is for restaurants that can't provide freshness. Like I said, I would never eat sushi (tuna, for example) in Minnesota.

Yes, freezing kills growth, but so does actually eating it before the growth. All tissue has bacteria microbes in it. Your human face has bacteria fighting for a chance to sustain itself.

Living animals exist because their immune systems fight those bacterias, as do you. Once you kill that immune system, you're setting yourself up for hell. Distribution is the one reason why raw beef is not consumed statewide.

Slaughter a cow, eat it's loins, and beat your chest, boy! That' shite's healthy. Slaughter a cow, send it through packaging, and distribution, and retail... then eat it raw, and you're setting yourself up a nightmare.

"You have to cook it!"

Fresh doesn't need to be cooked. Humans surpassed that biology millenia ago. You too have evolved to tolerate fresh meat. It just has to be fresh.
I'll agree with most of that but as for the parasitic worm question, I don't believe your argument holds up.
post #22 of 24
Your raw fish has worms. Deal with it. I eat that ****. Shut your mouth or jam some raw fish in it.
post #23 of 24
Shooter: I eat sh!t like you for breakfast..
Happy: You eat sh!t for breakfast?
Shooter: No..........
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post


Cool Rick, will you join us

You bet, look forward to it. Keep me posted. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food & Drink
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Food & Drink › Pug Ryan's Pub in Dillon