Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 2/18/16 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016 Lange Buyers GuideLast edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
More Retro memories???? - Page 211post #6301 of 79184/29/14 at 8:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6302 of 79184/30/14 at 2:52amThread Starterpost #6303 of 79184/30/14 at 6:25amQuote:
Nothing gets by you. Looks like she could use a sweater...or not. As I think...more the latter.post #6304 of 79184/30/14 at 7:04ampost #6305 of 79184/30/14 at 12:28pm
Still sorting out all my Lange stuff to establish a timeline of models .. Anyone remember the NL-1? Circa 1980 and shown in a SKI mag review and ad in the Nov 80 issue as I recall [a web search will pull up the Google books version]. Super light weight .. right at 3 pounds or about the same as the Scott Superlite. Three piece design .. actually looks pretty modern. An evolutionary dead end for Lange? I don't recall seeing anything similar.post #6306 of 79184/30/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
Sad to think she is now in her mid 50s!post #6307 of 79184/30/14 at 1:10pmpost #6308 of 79184/30/14 at 1:24pmpost #6309 of 79184/30/14 at 5:23pmThread Starterpost #6310 of 79184/30/14 at 5:44pmpost #6311 of 79184/30/14 at 5:56pmpost #6312 of 79185/1/14 at 1:58pm
I've got 2 or 3 old HS classmates that I guarantee you would turn heads for all the right reasons if they walked into this thread. They also happen to be great people. Doubt the former can be said for most of us 'boys'.post #6313 of 79185/4/14 at 7:03pmpost #6314 of 79185/6/14 at 6:15ampost #6315 of 79185/7/14 at 6:16pm
some of my recent acquisitions. Spaulding PF Aluminum 195 cm. the 1969 ski magazine says it is the same as the previous years persenico with a new topsheet. Rossignol Stratoflex 200cm 1972? Step down from the ST650 and ROC 550. and Kastle CPM Shark 200 cm 1974-75 per ski magazine. look to be a higher end "combi" model. they all look to be in good shape with only a bit of top sheet cracking on the spauldings. Look to next winter for on the snow reviews:)post #6316 of 79185/7/14 at 6:43pm
anyone in Vancouver area have an old set of k2 "Cheezburgers" kicking around? A friend is restoring a 1970's Cheezedog Motorhome And I've suggested he mount a set on the rear bumper.post #6317 of 79185/9/14 at 4:15pm
Spring has sprung and the barns and garages are being cleaned out so the fun begins for the ski junkie. All of the following are skiable with a fresh grind or tune. The VR27's look to have only had a couple runs on them!
Any ideas about the Atomic C-111's? Head TG-M?
Also, any ideas on how to prevent any further corrosion on the aluminum top sheets?
I haven't seen the Alois Rohrmoser's since I was a kid, another forgotten luxury ski.
The Killy 800's are in fair shape, no delam yet, but they need some love.
Anyone want the Dynastar Tele skis? They were just too nice for the crusher.
Good luck to everyone for yard sale season!post #6318 of 79185/9/14 at 7:50pmpost #6319 of 79185/9/14 at 8:55pmpost #6320 of 79185/9/14 at 8:58pmpost #6321 of 79185/10/14 at 7:01ampost #6322 of 79185/13/14 at 12:37pmpost #6323 of 79185/13/14 at 5:21pmpost #6324 of 79185/14/14 at 8:30pmpost #6325 of 79185/15/14 at 8:36am
Has anyone done roof or siding type 'shakes' yet?post #6326 of 79185/15/14 at 8:51ampost #6327 of 79185/15/14 at 8:51ampost #6328 of 79185/15/14 at 3:27pmQuote:
Sweet! What are the red and pink checkered skis 5th from the right?post #6329 of 79185/16/14 at 5:16pm
they are ELAN APOLLO SHAKESPEARE. I couldn't find anything out about them on the net. I'm guessing early 80's from the bindings. they are red with white half circles they remind me a TARGET. here is a pic from when I first acquired them. ( yes, I'm still looking for a binding(s) for the SALOMONS)
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 2 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 4 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 5 minutes ago
- › Bode News 9 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 11 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 16 minutes ago
- › Brand New Skis - Do they need wax? 23 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 47 minutes ago
- › Winter Car Camping In/Near Summit County 48 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer