Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/16/11 at 1:21pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Edited on 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryEdited on 4/19/11
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiEdited on 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmEdited on 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerEdited on 4/26/11
Related Blog Posts
Garmont Delirium Ski Boots Review
Published on 3/5/12 by Feed The Habit
This Season’s Backcountry Ski Touring Setup
Published on 12/19/11 by Feed The Habit
Salomon Shogun Ski Boots Review
Published on 3/17/11 by Feed The Habit
Salomon Quest Pebax Pro Ski Boot Quick Review
Published on 3/15/10 by Feed The Habit
Dynafit Titan TF-X Alpine Touring Ski Boots Review
Published on 2/8/10 by Feed The Habit
In March of ‘12, DSJ got a call from Tom Tanner, manager at Ski Pro Mesa/Tempe, AZ asking whether myself and my wife Karen would like to be part of a promo trip to Red Mountain Resort, BC. After...
My biggest caution: I don't know how on earth they are measuring these things. A 183 barely measures 180. I would have purchased a longer pair online had I known this. But this is the only...
I got these (184's) on the cheap from an experienced 6ft plus 190 lb. plus powderhound in his late 40's who was looking for a one ski quiver and this was not his ski. I think it might have been...
For dependable snow coverage, you can't beat Snow Summit. Summit is actually half of Big Bear Mountain Resorts so the pass includes Bear Mountain which makes the resort larger than it appears at...
THE SILVERTON MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE Where is this place? We must be getting close. Eyes anxiously scan the steep canyon walls for any sign of a ski lift. It’s...
More Retro memories???? - Page 18post #511 of 53401/28/09 at 11:54pmpost #512 of 53402/3/09 at 3:19pmThread Starterpost #513 of 53402/3/09 at 3:38pmThread Starter
Philpug...remember some guy asking about the "Wahoo" and you thought he was misremembering the Yahoo? Well.....
Edited by Rossi Smash - Tue, 03 Feb 09 23:40:03 GMT
Edited by Rossi Smash - Tue, 03 Feb 09 23:40:50 GMTpost #514 of 53402/5/09 at 7:15ampost #515 of 53402/5/09 at 7:15ampost #516 of 53402/5/09 at 8:58ampost #517 of 53402/5/09 at 9:20amQuote:
And the head is pointing to her head. And right over home plate a K2 Four!post #518 of 53402/5/09 at 9:54am
To quote Ralph Kramden...
"Homina homina homina..."
You win tonight's star prize if you can identify what movie this other apropos quote came from...
"I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!!"post #519 of 53402/5/09 at 10:17amQuote:
RoboCoppost #520 of 53402/5/09 at 10:43ampost #521 of 53402/5/09 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by crgildartQuote:
If you're a Monty Python fan, you already know what tonight's star prize is...post #522 of 53402/5/09 at 10:57amQuote:
I've always wanted to go skiing at Mons Venus...post #523 of 53402/7/09 at 5:43amThread Starterpost #524 of 53402/7/09 at 8:14amThread Starterpost #525 of 53402/7/09 at 8:43amThread Starterpost #526 of 53402/7/09 at 4:47pmpost #527 of 53402/11/09 at 4:08pmThread Starterpost #528 of 53402/11/09 at 6:27pmpost #529 of 53402/11/09 at 10:22pm
No way, really? I met the new CEO, Glen Johnson, of Hart (or is it hart ) skis this past Sunday at A-Basin. We rode the lift together and took a run down Pali. He was sporting some F17 mogul skis and ripping it up. He mentioned that Bob Barnes and Jerry Berg are riding Hart skis.post #530 of 53402/12/09 at 2:56amThread Starter
So are you saying that they went from hart to Hart then back to hart again? The logo was the samepost #531 of 53402/12/09 at 5:37amQuote:
Logos are not the same.
one has a capital H the other an h
never clicked to me till Phil said it though.post #532 of 53402/12/09 at 5:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Noodler
No way, really? I met the new CEO, Glen Johnson, of Hart (or is it hart ) skis this past Sunday at A-Basin. We rode the lift together and took a run down Pali. He was sporting some F17 mogul skis and ripping it up. He mentioned that Bob Barnes and Jerry Berg are riding Hart skis.
Glen is a good guy (and a fine skier) but hart has a steep hill to climb and I truly hope the best for him and all that are involved.Quote:Quote:
No, hart USA and Hart Japana are two different companies. The Hart skis didn't come from under company based in Minnesota but from other companies who purchased the name.post #533 of 53402/12/09 at 9:24am
Tell us more about hart to Hart Uncle Phil
Were the two ever making/selling skis at the same time? Or, did hart go down, Hart go up, then Hart go down and hart go back up?
The "Harts" I own say:
"St Paul MN"
"Made in Austria"
So it is quite clear that they weren't made in St Paul
The "harts" I own are ancient. They were purchased in Minnesota actually, but not from the factory.post #534 of 53402/12/09 at 11:07am
The bases on my harts are like Rossi's Honeycombs. The edges were a one-piece ladder structure. You can see it thru the base material. Still trying to evaluate the feasibility of replacing large strips of peeled base material, vs just hanging them on the wall as a decoration.post #535 of 53402/12/09 at 12:44pmQuote:
They are both being made now as I type. Hart (Japan) sponsors quite a few mogul skiers outside of states. Either ID1 makes some skis for Hart or vise-versa, I forget which.post #536 of 53402/12/09 at 1:06pmQuote:
So, I'm guessing they also say:
St Paul MN
Made In Austria
My F-17s also have the US Ski Team supporter logo on them. The handle pretty well, wood core. I never would have guessed that they are a completely different animalpost #537 of 53402/14/09 at 5:19amThread Starterpost #538 of 53402/14/09 at 5:30ampost #539 of 53402/14/09 at 6:02amThread Starter
Well, some of the stuff is in my collection. But while looking for new (old) goodies I will collect pictures of gear that I don't have and have some rather large files full of pictures.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › One of those days ... Candide Thovex, new video 25 minutes ago
- › 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Top 5 Sexiest Female Skiers 46 minutes ago
- › Technical Free Skiing Videos 51 minutes ago
- › PNW 2012/13 weather, conditions, stoke 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Boot Flex Index. How does one choose? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Staying Forward - Racers 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking, right now? 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Can I get certified? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Durango Mountain Resort by Nick Z Taos
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo