Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 2/18/16 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016 Lange Buyers GuideLast edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
More Retro memories???? - Page 18post #511 of 79181/28/09 at 11:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #512 of 79182/3/09 at 3:19pmThread Starterpost #513 of 79182/3/09 at 3:38pmThread Starter
Philpug...remember some guy asking about the "Wahoo" and you thought he was misremembering the Yahoo? Well.....
Edited by Rossi Smash - Tue, 03 Feb 09 23:40:03 GMT
Edited by Rossi Smash - Tue, 03 Feb 09 23:40:50 GMTpost #514 of 79182/5/09 at 7:15ampost #515 of 79182/5/09 at 7:15ampost #516 of 79182/5/09 at 8:58ampost #517 of 79182/5/09 at 9:20amQuote:
And the head is pointing to her head. And right over home plate a K2 Four!post #518 of 79182/5/09 at 9:54am
To quote Ralph Kramden...
"Homina homina homina..."
You win tonight's star prize if you can identify what movie this other apropos quote came from...
"I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!!"post #519 of 79182/5/09 at 10:17amQuote:
RoboCoppost #520 of 79182/5/09 at 10:43ampost #521 of 79182/5/09 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by crgildartQuote:
If you're a Monty Python fan, you already know what tonight's star prize is...post #522 of 79182/5/09 at 10:57amQuote:
I've always wanted to go skiing at Mons Venus...post #523 of 79182/7/09 at 5:43amThread Starterpost #524 of 79182/7/09 at 8:14amThread Starterpost #525 of 79182/7/09 at 8:43amThread Starterpost #526 of 79182/7/09 at 4:47pmpost #527 of 79182/11/09 at 4:08pmThread Starterpost #528 of 79182/11/09 at 6:27pmpost #529 of 79182/11/09 at 10:22pm
No way, really? I met the new CEO, Glen Johnson, of Hart (or is it hart ) skis this past Sunday at A-Basin. We rode the lift together and took a run down Pali. He was sporting some F17 mogul skis and ripping it up. He mentioned that Bob Barnes and Jerry Berg are riding Hart skis.post #530 of 79182/12/09 at 2:56amThread Starter
So are you saying that they went from hart to Hart then back to hart again? The logo was the samepost #531 of 79182/12/09 at 5:37amQuote:
Logos are not the same.
one has a capital H the other an h
never clicked to me till Phil said it though.post #532 of 79182/12/09 at 5:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Noodler
No way, really? I met the new CEO, Glen Johnson, of Hart (or is it hart ) skis this past Sunday at A-Basin. We rode the lift together and took a run down Pali. He was sporting some F17 mogul skis and ripping it up. He mentioned that Bob Barnes and Jerry Berg are riding Hart skis.
Glen is a good guy (and a fine skier) but hart has a steep hill to climb and I truly hope the best for him and all that are involved.Quote:Quote:
No, hart USA and Hart Japana are two different companies. The Hart skis didn't come from under company based in Minnesota but from other companies who purchased the name.post #533 of 79182/12/09 at 9:24am
Tell us more about hart to Hart Uncle Phil
Were the two ever making/selling skis at the same time? Or, did hart go down, Hart go up, then Hart go down and hart go back up?
The "Harts" I own say:
"St Paul MN"
"Made in Austria"
So it is quite clear that they weren't made in St Paul
The "harts" I own are ancient. They were purchased in Minnesota actually, but not from the factory.post #534 of 79182/12/09 at 11:07am
The bases on my harts are like Rossi's Honeycombs. The edges were a one-piece ladder structure. You can see it thru the base material. Still trying to evaluate the feasibility of replacing large strips of peeled base material, vs just hanging them on the wall as a decoration.post #535 of 79182/12/09 at 12:44pmQuote:
They are both being made now as I type. Hart (Japan) sponsors quite a few mogul skiers outside of states. Either ID1 makes some skis for Hart or vise-versa, I forget which.post #536 of 79182/12/09 at 1:06pmQuote:
So, I'm guessing they also say:
St Paul MN
Made In Austria
My F-17s also have the US Ski Team supporter logo on them. The handle pretty well, wood core. I never would have guessed that they are a completely different animalpost #537 of 79182/14/09 at 5:19amThread Starterpost #538 of 79182/14/09 at 5:30ampost #539 of 79182/14/09 at 6:02amThread Starter
Well, some of the stuff is in my collection. But while looking for new (old) goodies I will collect pictures of gear that I don't have and have some rather large files full of pictures.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 12 seconds ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 23 seconds ago
- › Boot fitting question as I think I've outgrown mine? 8 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 12 minutes ago
- › The MAX Pass 2016-17 for 39 areas: Killington, Tremblant, Big Sky,... 19 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 27 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 40 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 49 minutes ago
- › EpicSki is not down - Comcast major DNS outage 51 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 57 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...