Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/16/11 at 1:21pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Edited on 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryEdited on 4/19/11
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiEdited on 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmEdited on 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerEdited on 4/26/11
Related Blog Posts
Garmont Delirium Ski Boots Review
Published on 3/5/12 by Feed The Habit
This Season’s Backcountry Ski Touring Setup
Published on 12/19/11 by Feed The Habit
Salomon Shogun Ski Boots Review
Published on 3/17/11 by Feed The Habit
Salomon Quest Pebax Pro Ski Boot Quick Review
Published on 3/15/10 by Feed The Habit
Dynafit Titan TF-X Alpine Touring Ski Boots Review
Published on 2/8/10 by Feed The Habit
I own the helldorado's and have put about 25 days on them here in the PNW through every kind of snow imaginable, from knee deep pow to wind blown to cement to small bumps to icy hardpack to...
I haven't had a chance to do more than a dry run with the intercom system. My intention was to use it with one of our blind students in our adaptive program, but that never came to fruition. I...
This is a summertime purchase. I'll provide an on-snow review when I can. I picked up this boot at an off-season sale at the Boot Doctors in Telluride, together with a custom footbed....
Sun Valley owner Earl Holding recently passed away (2013) but he wanted to leave a legacy in the Sun Valley resort. The millions he invested into the on mountain lodges, manmade snow making...
A picture paints a thousand words so here's a promo video for the resorts in New South Wales http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ESezPu_7I1A
More Retro memories???? - Page 18post #511 of 54101/28/09 at 11:54pmpost #512 of 54102/3/09 at 3:19pmThread Starterpost #513 of 54102/3/09 at 3:38pmThread Starter
Philpug...remember some guy asking about the "Wahoo" and you thought he was misremembering the Yahoo? Well.....
Edited by Rossi Smash - Tue, 03 Feb 09 23:40:03 GMT
Edited by Rossi Smash - Tue, 03 Feb 09 23:40:50 GMTpost #514 of 54102/5/09 at 7:15ampost #515 of 54102/5/09 at 7:15ampost #516 of 54102/5/09 at 8:58ampost #517 of 54102/5/09 at 9:20amQuote:
And the head is pointing to her head. And right over home plate a K2 Four!post #518 of 54102/5/09 at 9:54am
To quote Ralph Kramden...
"Homina homina homina..."
You win tonight's star prize if you can identify what movie this other apropos quote came from...
"I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!!"post #519 of 54102/5/09 at 10:17amQuote:
RoboCoppost #520 of 54102/5/09 at 10:43ampost #521 of 54102/5/09 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by crgildartQuote:
If you're a Monty Python fan, you already know what tonight's star prize is...post #522 of 54102/5/09 at 10:57amQuote:
I've always wanted to go skiing at Mons Venus...post #523 of 54102/7/09 at 5:43amThread Starterpost #524 of 54102/7/09 at 8:14amThread Starterpost #525 of 54102/7/09 at 8:43amThread Starterpost #526 of 54102/7/09 at 4:47pmpost #527 of 54102/11/09 at 4:08pmThread Starterpost #528 of 54102/11/09 at 6:27pmpost #529 of 54102/11/09 at 10:22pm
No way, really? I met the new CEO, Glen Johnson, of Hart (or is it hart ) skis this past Sunday at A-Basin. We rode the lift together and took a run down Pali. He was sporting some F17 mogul skis and ripping it up. He mentioned that Bob Barnes and Jerry Berg are riding Hart skis.post #530 of 54102/12/09 at 2:56amThread Starter
So are you saying that they went from hart to Hart then back to hart again? The logo was the samepost #531 of 54102/12/09 at 5:37amQuote:
Logos are not the same.
one has a capital H the other an h
never clicked to me till Phil said it though.post #532 of 54102/12/09 at 5:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Noodler
No way, really? I met the new CEO, Glen Johnson, of Hart (or is it hart ) skis this past Sunday at A-Basin. We rode the lift together and took a run down Pali. He was sporting some F17 mogul skis and ripping it up. He mentioned that Bob Barnes and Jerry Berg are riding Hart skis.
Glen is a good guy (and a fine skier) but hart has a steep hill to climb and I truly hope the best for him and all that are involved.Quote:Quote:
No, hart USA and Hart Japana are two different companies. The Hart skis didn't come from under company based in Minnesota but from other companies who purchased the name.post #533 of 54102/12/09 at 9:24am
Tell us more about hart to Hart Uncle Phil
Were the two ever making/selling skis at the same time? Or, did hart go down, Hart go up, then Hart go down and hart go back up?
The "Harts" I own say:
"St Paul MN"
"Made in Austria"
So it is quite clear that they weren't made in St Paul
The "harts" I own are ancient. They were purchased in Minnesota actually, but not from the factory.post #534 of 54102/12/09 at 11:07am
The bases on my harts are like Rossi's Honeycombs. The edges were a one-piece ladder structure. You can see it thru the base material. Still trying to evaluate the feasibility of replacing large strips of peeled base material, vs just hanging them on the wall as a decoration.post #535 of 54102/12/09 at 12:44pmQuote:
They are both being made now as I type. Hart (Japan) sponsors quite a few mogul skiers outside of states. Either ID1 makes some skis for Hart or vise-versa, I forget which.post #536 of 54102/12/09 at 1:06pmQuote:
So, I'm guessing they also say:
St Paul MN
Made In Austria
My F-17s also have the US Ski Team supporter logo on them. The handle pretty well, wood core. I never would have guessed that they are a completely different animalpost #537 of 54102/14/09 at 5:19amThread Starterpost #538 of 54102/14/09 at 5:30ampost #539 of 54102/14/09 at 6:02amThread Starter
Well, some of the stuff is in my collection. But while looking for new (old) goodies I will collect pictures of gear that I don't have and have some rather large files full of pictures.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Powder Ski help 12 minutes ago
- › Boot fitters going the way of the dinosaurs? 16 minutes ago
- › Thought on Dynastar Speed Course Ti? 17 minutes ago
- › Ski resorts in Australia / New Zealand? 52 minutes ago
- › Switching to skiing, what should my first pair be? 56 minutes ago
- › "Hot Dog" "Freestyle" The old school... 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › nicknames/handles..what they mean 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › SugarBowl expansion 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Aspen Skiing Co. Cleared in Patroller's Death 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › 2013 Nordica Helldorado by lrn2swim
- › UClear HBC220 Snow Bluetooth by 4ster
- › 2013 Dalbello Scorpion SR130 by AlbuquerqueDan
- › Sun Valley Resort by ketchumid
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by veteran
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the... by nolo
- › GORE-TEX 101 by Fritzski
- › Mad River Glen: True Believers by nolo
- › In Praise of the Anti-Resorts by nolo
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo