Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 2/18/16 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016 Lange Buyers GuideLast edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
More Retro memories???? - Page 159post #4741 of 791810/3/12 at 10:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 791810/3/12 at 11:29ampost #4743 of 791810/3/12 at 11:49amThread StarterQuote:
Ya know, I expect a 20 DIN binding from Marker (hell, they NEED it) but not from Sollie.
Dont you just love when a binding STARTS @ 6 or 7 DIN above your normal settingpost #4744 of 791810/3/12 at 1:24pmQuote:
Look at the spring thickness and notice that the 14-20 actually has two springs. While I don't have one here, Salomon did make a warmer fuzzier version with 11-17 DIN, my guess is that the second spring is where teh difference is.post #4745 of 791810/3/12 at 3:18pmThread StarterQuote:Quote:
warmer and fuzzier (literally)post #4746 of 791810/3/12 at 3:27pmpost #4747 of 791810/3/12 at 3:40pmThread Starterpost #4748 of 791810/3/12 at 10:53pmpost #4749 of 791810/5/12 at 9:25ampost #4750 of 791810/5/12 at 9:58amQuote:
I can't tell in that picture, but is that a green spring?post #4751 of 791810/5/12 at 12:00pmpost #4752 of 791810/8/12 at 6:30pmpost #4753 of 791810/8/12 at 6:43pm
Love the anti-crossover blocks, I think I still have my set somewhere.
Love the way they added more wt to the front of the ski (not!)
Love the way they locked the crossover and ensured a crash if you managed to crossover (NOT!)
But you had to have thempost #4754 of 791810/8/12 at 6:51pmpost #4755 of 791810/9/12 at 10:19ampost #4756 of 791810/10/12 at 4:07pmpost #4757 of 791810/10/12 at 5:55pmpost #4758 of 791810/11/12 at 2:21pmpost #4759 of 791810/11/12 at 2:28pmpost #4760 of 791810/11/12 at 3:35pmpost #4761 of 791810/12/12 at 12:43pm
Vintage Ski Gear...
I stumbled upon two pair of vintage Kneissl skis in a thrift shop today. They are Red Star and Blue Star, made in Austria and in very good shape. They were $7.99 a pair including the poles. I am anxious to test them out once they've been tuned up a bit. What a great find. Vintage ski gear is "in" this season and I have found mine! Anyone else?post #4762 of 791810/12/12 at 1:45pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Twinsmom
I stumbled upon two pair of vintage Kneissl skis in a thrift shop today. They are Red Star and Blue Star, made in Austria and in very good shape. They were $7.99 a pair including the poles. I am anxious to test them out once they've been tuned up a bit. What a great find. Vintage ski gear is "in" this season and I have found mine! Anyone else?
If you look through the previous 158 pages of this thread, you will have your answerpost #4763 of 791810/12/12 at 1:59pm
I just found this thread. It brings back memories. Kniessl White Stars, Kastle, anti-crossover blocks, rear entry Salomons... Kind of makes me want to locate a set of Olin Mk IV topskins and laminate them on my tele boards, imagine the looks.post #4764 of 791810/12/12 at 2:07pmQuote:
Well, I originally posted this somewhere else and the admin. moved it here. So I didn't know about all this. I do now!post #4765 of 791810/12/12 at 2:23pmQuote:
Guaranteed double heel ejection when mogul skiing and the forward facing brake arms dropped down during extreme flex and stuck into the bump. ah the memories!post #4766 of 791810/12/12 at 2:26pm
Anti crossover device on Duvillard's skis - Parablock. There was a spring loaded triangular version that was supposed to allow you to uncross your skis if your skiis did get crossed. Anybody remember the name? It might have been made by Allsop. Those photos are outstanding. I used make a point to see the pro races whenever they stopped at Hunter. What a party.
This is the greatest ski thread ever.post #4767 of 791810/12/12 at 4:14pmpost #4768 of 791810/12/12 at 5:12pmpost #4769 of 791810/12/12 at 5:35pmpost #4770 of 791810/12/12 at 7:26pmQuote:
Maybe these were the Volkl ones.......
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 13 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 24 minutes ago
- › Brand New Skis - Do they need wax? 28 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 31 minutes ago
- › Ruin and Rose (new ski movie from Matchstick Productions) 32 minutes ago
- › Bode News 33 minutes ago
- › Head Strong Instinct V. Rossi E 84 v Head Supershape Rally for NW... 34 minutes ago
- › I'm Ready For SNOW! 34 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 46 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 46 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer