Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/16/11 at 1:21pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
As someone who frequently hikes to lines or stashes when resort skiing and also tours occasionally, I was a huge fan of the original Cochise Pro 130 as it enabled me to use one ski boot for all of...
It's always a lot of fun out there :-)
Thredbo is almost exactly five and a half hours from Sydney (certainly not seven) including a short stop for fuel. Mind you it depends where you start from in Sydney; could be more, could be less....
I demoed the 176cm when these were first introduced. I got to ride them on mostly hard packed and icy conditions in New Hampshire. And they were solid. Much like most Blizzard skis, it offers their...
Product: 2014 K2 Remedy 102 Length Tested: 169 CM Dimensions/Turn Radius: 133/102/127 - 16M @ 169cm Camber : Camber with Tip/Tail Rocker Binding: Salomon Sth2 Mount point: Suggested Boot...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 64014/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 64014/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 64014/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 64014/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 64014/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 64014/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 64014/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 64014/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 64014/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 64014/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 64014/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 64014/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 64014/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 64014/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 64014/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 64014/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 64014/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 64014/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 64014/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 64014/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 64014/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 64014/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 64014/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 64014/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 64014/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 64014/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 64014/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 64014/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 64014/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Where to go for boots and bindings? [in KS, intermediate who skis... 14 minutes ago
- › NE Ski replacement for 15yr old skis 44 minutes ago
- › Cheap Place to live and ski... 58 minutes ago
- › This sounds messy: Park City Mountain Resort Receives Eviction Notice 1 hour ago
- › Where to go for boots/bindings? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Best Women's Ski Program [Australian; for part of U.S. ski trip... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › How important are season pass benefits to you? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Choosing a Jr. Ski [for Montana] 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole getting an new lift for the 15-16 season 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 by JayT
- › Massif du Sud by pouetance
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by sinbad7
- › 2015 Blizzard Regulator Skis by douismaximus
- › 2014 K2 Remedy 102 Women Ski by Trekchick
- › The Little Rippers by rskornak
- › 2013 Salomon X Max 130 by Speeder
- › Deer Valley Resort by peter60521
- › 2015 Descente Kensie Jacket by Trekchick
- › 2015 Descente Cora Jacket by Trekchick
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York
- › SUN PEAKS RESORT unofficial guide
- › Unofficial Guide to Castle Mountain Resort
- › Our Final Analysis: 5 Conclusions From Our...
- › Your Life as a Skier: Our Community Ski Area...
- › Professional Ski Instructors: Mixing Fun With...
- › Ways To Stay Ski Fit