Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
I love this ski, it's fast and so easy to edge. the ski is good on crud and ice. The ice can be a little wild, it picks up speed fast!
With the lack of snow in the Tahoe basin, I have honestly been lacking enthusiasm and inspiration this season. That said, every time I step into my Super Joy's - which, by the way, the bindings are...
Read www.worldskitest.com. This extremely organized testing format concluded that the Amphibio Fusion 78 (non-Ti) was #1 in their all-around category. After a month of ownership, 10+ skiing days...
We live about 35 minutes from this mountain and for what it is it's really great. Don't expect very challenging terrain or long runs, but if you just want to get outside on the snow for the day...
Product: 2014 Blizzard Samba Length/size Tested: 166 cm Conditions: Varied-wet spring snow, ungroomed, groomed, icy, typical mid SE conditions Runs taken: everything from slow greens...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 67234/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 67234/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 67234/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 67234/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 67234/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 67234/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 67234/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 67234/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 67234/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 67234/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 67234/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 67234/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 67234/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 67234/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 67234/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 67234/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 67234/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 67234/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 67234/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 67234/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 67234/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 67234/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 67234/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 67234/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 67234/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 67234/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 67234/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 67234/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 67234/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › 2015 SIA From Denver: Reports from the floor 1 minute ago
- › Why do I have so much trouble with crud and any deeper than an inch... 2 minutes ago
- › Frat boys trash two different ski resorts over the weekend 4 minutes ago
- › He's back! 10 minutes ago
- › Video for MA 11 minutes ago
- › Can I use old skis and bindings in great condition 13 minutes ago
- › Opinions on Waist Width 14 minutes ago
- › Another Word 14 minutes ago
- › Skis you Intensely Disliked ??? 19 minutes ago
- › Keeping THUMB warm? 20 minutes ago
- › 2013 Head i.Supershape Magnum by LbObx
- › 2015 Head Super Joy Women Ski by RamenChan
- › 2013 Elan Amphibio WaveFlex 78 Fusion by GoreD
- › Mount Peter by PearlRiverDad
- › 2015 Blizzard Samba Skis by Jersey Fresh
- › Stratton Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › 2013 Volkl Mantra by powder8s
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by Partizan Turks
- › Gore Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › Bristol Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › First Decents- Part 1: Sniffin' Out the...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #1
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.
- › Cat-Skiing with Big Red Cats, British...
- › The 2015 Volkl Mantra: Your New All Mountain...
- › Gudauri season opening 12.20.2014.
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs