Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 1/30/15 at 11:01pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
I started skiing in the east over 50 years ago. I did not get to Sugarbush until last year. Wish I had gone there a lot sooner!! I was there midweek and avoided the crowds but you also may not have...
Tester Info Username: Trekchick Age: 48 Height/Weight: 5'6" 135 lbs Ski Days/Season: 80 Years Skiing: 30 Aggressiveness:Finesse skier with a sense of adventure Current Boots: Tecnica Inferno 110...
Stayed at Grand Summit Sunday to Friday. Great hotel. People will enjoy it's comforts. North was nice but 50% closed, so I was disappointed. Lots of intermediate terrain but it was icy, poor...
Skiing here is really extreme; it has "extremely" good terrain if your an expert or beginner (not so much for intermediates), but the mountain experience can be "extremely" bad many days. I've been...
I'm not the type to write reviews, specially negative ones. But in this case I just have to put in my two cents. I put off skiing hunter on the weekend for the end of season, since I knew the...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 68494/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 68494/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 68494/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 68494/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 68494/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 68494/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 68494/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 68494/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 68494/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 68494/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 68494/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 68494/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 68494/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 68494/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 68494/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 68494/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 68494/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 68494/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 68494/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 68494/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 68494/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 68494/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 68494/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 68494/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 68494/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 68494/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 68494/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 68494/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 68494/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Josh Foster's new site 9 seconds ago
- › Picture of the day... 4 minutes ago
- › Skiing The Fast Line Slow 6 minutes ago
- › Volkl, Blizzard, Atomic, Rossignol Best GS ski and length? 10 minutes ago
- › Accident at SugarLoaf 13 minutes ago
- › Looking for Head boot replacement service parts... 16 minutes ago
- › The most important ski of 2015 [Blizzard Latigo/Cheyenne] 16 minutes ago
- › Looking for a fat "playful charger" 17 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 18 minutes ago
- › Getting on the snow with Meier Skis 2016 lineup. 19 minutes ago
- › Sugarbush by bosrocker51
- › Apex ML 2 Ski Boot by Trekchick
- › Mount Snow by proudpapa
- › Squaw Valley USA by SquawBrat
- › Hunter Mountain by Damavand
- › Daleboot VFF Pro by Crokey
- › Jack Frost Mountain by xjjon
- › 2016 Nordica Enforcer by givethepigeye
- › Big Powderhorn Mountain by Shenanigans2800
- › Whitetail by GreyPilgrim
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #2
- › First Decents- Part 1: Sniffin' Out the...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #1
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.