Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/16/11 at 1:21pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 4/19/11
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
I gave up on this place years ago. I imagine the management thinks this place is Vail. Pricey lift tickets extremely long lift lines, expensive lodging expensive food, and crowded. 3 days...
Keep an eye on the weather. This area is known for getting blasted by lake effect snow which makes for some great powder days. A 2 day lift ticket can be had for $40 or so bucks if you but...
Wilmot is not huge by any standard, but there are enough lifts and runs to keep most people occupied happily. With several terrain parks and slopes from the bunny to "expert," this works especially...
Review: Head has done a stellar job with the evolution of the Magnum collection especially on the wider end of the series and for the discussion here, specifically with new for 2014 Supershape...
I love this helmet. I used it all last season. After a very serious hiking TBI, I spent a huge amount of time over-analyzing helmets. Since I want to continue skiing the remainder of my life, I...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149post #4442 of 58524/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 58524/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 58524/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 58524/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 58524/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 58524/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 58524/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 58524/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 58524/12/12 at 2:10pmpost #4451 of 58524/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 58524/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 58524/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 58524/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 58524/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 58524/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 58524/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 58524/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 58524/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 58524/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 58524/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 58524/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 58524/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 58524/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 58524/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 58524/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 58524/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 58524/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 58524/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 58524/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Bode News 18 minutes ago
- › How do we cure A-framing 32 minutes ago
- › Solo Ski Trip!?!? Salt Lake city/Park City 34 minutes ago
- › Different ski for depth of powder? 34 minutes ago
- › FS: 184 DPS Wailer 99 PURE 59 minutes ago
- › CheapER Eats in Big Sky?' 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Leaving your gear outside question 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › 2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Waxing with a heat gun 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Time for the Code of Conduct to be updated 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Snowshoe by fburress
- › Canaan Valley Resort by fburress
- › Wilmot Mountain by KovasP
- › 2014 Head i.Supershape Rally Ski by Philpug
- › 2014 POC Receptor Backcountry Helmet by billskis
- › Montana Snowbowl by Freeride
- › Voile Charger Telemark Ski by whatsupdoc
- › Glen Eden by nishimura10
- › Lake Louise by Freeride
- › 2009 Volkl Gotama Alpine Ski by bdpowpow
- › The 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi: A Responsive and... by skiessentials
- › Giving Thanks for Online Ski Forums by Jamesj
- › Massanutten - An Unofficial Guide by marznc
- › Whistler-Blackcomb - The Unoffical Guide by Andrew R
- › Top 5 Canadian Family Friendly Ski Resorts by ERVTravelIns
- › Attitash Unofficial Guide by bliz1978
- › 2014 Blizzard Peacemaker: Bringing Flip Core... by skiessentials
- › Wildcat Unofficial Guide by bliz1978
- › The Essential Guide to AT Ski Gear by skiessentials
- › Sugarloaf Mountain to Open Above Treeline Chutes by skiessentials