Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 1/30/15 at 11:01pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
Now with the cons as a start, YES they are true. But as they may be an inconvenience to some; many people, as well as myself may feel it's a blessing in the end. The temps can be and often are...
I am currently skiing Atomic 130 race boot with molded Intuition liners. I was hoping that the Fischer would give me an even closer fit since the outer shell is moldable. The flex on the Atomics...
First, the Ajax portion of this review. The RFTA buses will dump you off at the Rubey Park terminus of the shuttle route, and from there it's just a short hoof down the road and up the stairs to...
This second instalment from Klaus Mair (KM) is a bit more serious, a lot more advanced and fun! Many learnt so much from the first video and it was a good laugh too with good music. Gontlath is...
Took a trip to Winter Park on two occasions in the winter of 2014/2015. The first trip was three days mid December, the second trip was three days in late February. Both occasions the snow was...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 71884/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 71884/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 71884/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 71884/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 71884/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 71884/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 71884/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 71884/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 71884/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 71884/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 71884/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 71884/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 71884/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 71884/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 71884/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 71884/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 71884/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 71884/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 71884/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 71884/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 71884/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 71884/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 71884/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 71884/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 71884/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 71884/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 71884/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 71884/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 71884/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Skiing with Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 minutes ago
- › Skills classifications and overlap between them 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Sylvain Soudan's steep skiing dryland training 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Proposed expansion at The Balsams 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Nissan Xterra: another actual SUV bites the dust 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Time for new skis. Coming from Volkl 5 star supersports, which I... 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Where to ski in late november? [beginner/intermediate from Missouri] 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Last two weeks of Dec in CO? 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking, right now? 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › The future of drones 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Wildcat by Ripcord802
- › 2013 Fischer SOMA Vacuum RC4 130 by joejoejoe
- › Aspen Mountain by F2BNG
- › Sofa Ski School: From Blue to Powder by dustyfog
- › Winter Park by Hitman
- › Aspen Highlands by F2BNG
- › Snowmass by F2BNG
- › Alta by putting4par
- › Belleayre Mountain by GreyPilgrim
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by Speeder
- › Vail, CO - A Pictorial
- › Beaver Creek, CO - A Pictorial
- › Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...