Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 1/30/15 at 11:01pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
Went on 2/8/16. Snow was kind of sticky as it was around 38 degrees. My wife, a very new skier, at first found it a little steep for learning, but then we located the meadows (?) area and all was...
An ideal resort if the weather conditions are right to start your kids skiing. In flat light the tree lined runs are great. The locals are also friendly with delicious reasonably priced food and...
Visiting Chamonix could potentially be the highlight of any skiers career. The Aguille Du Midi and Vallee Blanche is genuinely an amazing place to ski, one that you'll never forget, skiing on a...
I'm not sure how to review a place like this. 1) We're in Minnesota, so we don't have mountains anyways, just hills. 2) This one is right in the Twin City metro area, where those hills are even...
Take this review with a grain of salt. I'm a new boarder. Aside from rentals, this is my first pair of snowboard boots. Bought these at my local shop. I liked that they were all black and not too...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 74704/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 74704/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 74704/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 74704/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 74704/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 74704/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 74704/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 74704/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 74704/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 74704/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 74704/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 74704/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 74704/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 74704/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 74704/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 74704/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 74704/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 74704/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 74704/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 74704/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 74704/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 74704/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 74704/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 74704/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 74704/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 74704/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 74704/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 74704/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 74704/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Soliciting input from any Breckenridge experts 16 minutes ago
- › Learning to ski on Slalom race skis? 19 minutes ago
- › A Different Kind of Ski Video 27 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 32 minutes ago
- › Ski grinder project 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Convert from snowboarding - buying skis for European pisten 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Skiing MA - new skis 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › 2016 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Blue Knob, Feb. 19-21 4 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › ski poles 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Afton Alps by comfortstarr
- › Courmayeur by Lewn777
- › Chamonix by Lewn777
- › Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area by comfortstarr
- › Salomon Dialogue Snowboard Boot - Men's by comfortstarr
- › Hot Gear Bag by Lpass
- › Apex MC3 Peak Performance Ski Boot by Beenthereskier
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by hlhoffman
- › Nordica Dobermann WC 150 by slowskier
- › Sugar Mountain Ski Area by Sc33
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Quattro RX...
- › Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGE
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Skis Preview
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 DPS Wailer 105 Review
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Rossignol Slat Review
- › WORLD LEADING 3D SKI MAPS COMING TO ALL MAJOR...
- › Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery...
- › SkiEssentials.com - K2 Pinnacle 95 Review
- › Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Top 5 Fridays - North Pole Temps, Protect Our...