Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on Yesterday at 1:10 pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
I am an expert skier, age 53, skied since 5, former ski instructor, 160 pounds, 5' 10". My son races and my wife is a former racer and we love to carve on packed powder and firmer snow. We all...
I have been using Pow Tales for 2 seasons now and am super happy. It is a great design overall - always ready to attach on powder days, and hidden away when not needed. After moving to Utah,...
Granite Peak used to be a family friendly and reasonable value until they turned greedy. Seriously $79 a day?? They boast saving money instead of going out West...really?? If you shop the deals...
Bought these on sale for easy bunny slope skiing with our little kids and occasional moderate speed skiing. The goal being not having to muscle on my racing boots when not skiing so fast. They...
The Axo is a pair of sunglasses that suffers from the middle child syndrome because its masculine enough for a guy but has some subtle soft lines for the girls. The reality is, its a great pair of...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 65314/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 65314/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 65314/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 65314/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 65314/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 65314/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 65314/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 65314/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 65314/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 65314/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 65314/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 65314/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 65314/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 65314/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 65314/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 65314/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 65314/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 65314/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 65314/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 65314/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 65314/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 65314/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 65314/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 65314/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 65314/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 65314/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 65314/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 65314/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 65314/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 13 minutes ago
- › Selling ski boots 15 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective Mag 44 minutes ago
- › Footbed takes up a lot of volume in RX130 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › what, if anything is the story with K2 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Selling powder cords again this season! 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Toddler Skis 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › White Mens Ski Pants 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › dont know which ski to get. All mointain or piste oreinted 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Twin Cities Ski Hill Comparison - Where do MN Bears ski? 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › 2013 Nordica Steadfast by Skirafter
- › Pow Tales - Powder leashes on steriods. by NeedToSki
- › Granite Peak by RealTruth
- › Full Tilt Booter Ski Boot - Men's by JK71
- › Switch Vision Axo Sunglasses by Trekchick
- › Switch Vision Ayra Women's Sunglasses by Trekchick
- › 2009 Rossignol S7 Caballero Ski by Cracked Edge
- › Unicorn Picnic Pretty Faces by anachronism
- › Marquette Mountain by renttech4501
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Quantum Jacket by Fritzski
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York