Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/16/11 at 1:21pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
Product: 2014 K2 Remedy 102 Length Tested: 169 CM Dimensions/Turn Radius: 133/102/127 - 16M @ 169cm Camber : Camber with Tip/Tail Rocker Binding: Salomon Sth2 Mount point: Suggested Boot...
9yr old female review who has a 10, 7 & 3yr old brothers. Liked the part when they were lost, yet discovered the hidden bowl and where the ski Olympian gave Max the secret Gold Winchell's Wax....
Received these as a gift and intended to use them as a recreational boot. had them fit and dialed in at Squire John's in Collingwood Ontario. I have a very pronounced 6th toe and Taylor bunions...
Family ski trip March 28th to April 4th. First day private instructor for my kids and me. I thought he was a great instructor. He asked our skiing experience and then took us down the green,...
Tester Information: Trekchick Height/Weight: 5'6" 135 lbs Jacket Size: 8 Pants Size: 8 Ski Days/Season:60+ Years Skiing: 25+ Preferred Attire: Shell/Layering Current Clothing Quiver: Kastle...
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 63984/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 63984/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 63984/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 63984/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 63984/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 63984/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 63984/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 63984/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 63984/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 63984/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 63984/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 63984/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 63984/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 63984/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 63984/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 63984/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 63984/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 63984/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 63984/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 63984/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 63984/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 63984/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 63984/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 63984/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 63984/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 63984/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 63984/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 63984/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 63984/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Scheduled Downtime on Thursday 7/31/14 3 minutes ago
- › Replacement for Pacifica 6 minutes ago
- › A thanks, and some more advice wanted 7 minutes ago
- › please be easy on me, moving to Denver 7 minutes ago
- › "Hot Dog" "Freestyle" The old school... 9 minutes ago
- › Australia/New Zealand 2014 10 minutes ago
- › Have 4 days to ski in Utah-need your recommendations 40 minutes ago
- › In Other Utah News... 45 minutes ago
- › Alta Spring goodness [April, plus Snowbird into May] 53 minutes ago
- › Do you have to fall to learn? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 K2 Remedy 102 Women Ski by Trekchick
- › The Little Rippers by rskornak
- › 2013 Salomon X Max 130 by Speeder
- › Deer Valley Resort by peter60521
- › 2015 Descente Kensie Jacket by Trekchick
- › 2015 Descente Cora Jacket by Trekchick
- › 2015 Blizzard Sheeva Skis by Trekchick
- › Elk Mountain (Ski Resort) by CharlieRN
- › Steamboat Ski Resort by peter60521
- › 2014 Scott Crus Air Ski by snowdan
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York
- › SUN PEAKS RESORT unofficial guide
- › Unofficial Guide to Castle Mountain Resort
- › Our Final Analysis: 5 Conclusions From Our...
- › Your Life as a Skier: Our Community Ski Area...
- › Professional Ski Instructors: Mixing Fun With...
- › Ways To Stay Ski Fit
- › Picture Frame Drill
- › Tug of War Drill