Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/16/11 at 1:21pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 4/19/11
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
I am 5 7", 154 lbs and an advanced skier (double blacks). Tried the Head Rev 98 170 cm on a demo day in Whistler in spring conditions and loved them. Found them to be light feeling,...
I bought perhaps the last one on the planet. It is a fantastic jacket. Just arrived today and !@#$!#% it is too big. It fits, but ideally I need a Medium and there are no Daltons in this...
Tester Info: Trekchick Age: 47 Glove/Mitten size: 7(Hestra) M (Kombi) Product Tested: Fired Up Women's Heated Glove Size Tested: Women's Large Conditions of Test: Variety of...
My first run on these was the last day of skiing at Copper Mountain in 2013... 14 inches new...down snow covered bumps on Far East. Really liked how easy it was to engage a turn...how...
the resort was open for 99 days of skiing this season.
More Retro memories???? - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4442 of 62824/12/12 at 8:50ampost #4443 of 62824/12/12 at 9:24ampost #4444 of 62824/12/12 at 9:39am
Badass indeed, and very inspiring! Here's another one...
That ^^^^ is commitment!!
Looks like there may** be a screening of "Man on the Medal", (documentary from which these clips are taken), at the Breckenridge Festival of Film June 7-10, 2012.
** I emailed Jim Kellett and he's unsure if there actually will be a screening...will update if I find out.
Edited by jc-ski - 4/12/12 at 10:13ampost #4445 of 62824/12/12 at 10:25amQuote:
*As a side note, the below mogul skier owned the company. POWDER Winter 1976*
The article reminded me of "skiing the tops" of inconsistent mogul fields. My buddies and I made a discipline of it, always looking for the nastiest bump field (usually the steepest, since the hackers had to skid or traverse). I loved it. Never a dull moment & lots of adrenaline.post #4446 of 62824/12/12 at 10:28amQuote:
Ahh... Those were the days. Mark S. (center pic) was from Bogus Basin & really got me into it.post #4447 of 62824/12/12 at 11:16am
The guy wearing the sweater was my friend and co-freestyler during my early years at Bogus.post #4448 of 62824/12/12 at 11:16ampost #4449 of 62824/12/12 at 11:43amQuote:
When Cuche took his retirement run on vintage equipment, I thought of that exact picture. Dick would have smoked him!post #4450 of 62824/12/12 at 2:10pm
Like these?post #4451 of 62824/12/12 at 2:18pm
Won a pair of the white green blue ones (plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember) at a freestyle contest. When I got back home after the tour, I trotted them out & promptly was labeled a fool by the other instructors. Joke was on them, I became the only mogul-qualified instructor that year! Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.post #4452 of 62824/12/12 at 3:12pmpost #4453 of 62824/12/12 at 3:34pm
I have been wanting to post some pics of the skis and boots that I have.
I love all of this stuff from the past.
Here are a few boots that I have:
Here are some Hart skis:
Even a few pairs of newer Harts as well:
Here are some Hexcels:
Some K2's and Olin:
The Ski (black), Volkl P20 DH and Stockli DH:post #4454 of 62824/12/12 at 4:02pm
You bet! I only found this a few days ago when you guys got me started thinking about the ol' days. I was amazed to find this online; thought the film was lost. There's a part 2 on YT also, not as much skiing, but a continuation of the schmaltzy theme. I remember the camera guy(s) constantly telling us to ski way slower, but to 'make it look like you're having a blast!' I think that, because it was a promo for a 'safe & fun experience' kinda thing, they left the cuts of flips & cat-track big-airs out.post #4455 of 62824/12/12 at 5:02pm
Found some more old memories:
Patches & Cards:
Bogus Basin Brochure featuring yours truly! Like the flying hands?
And finally, just 'cause I can, the view off my back deck this morning:
(still retro kinda, 'cause my house was built the year I told my Dad I'd be making my living as a skier, not a corporate guy... :)post #4456 of 62824/13/12 at 6:51amQuote:
I went the corporate route -- what a mistake.
post #4457 of 62824/13/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Our own Bob Barnes did the graphics of that Javelin SL all the way to the right
Nice Black Majic's...are they virgins?post #4458 of 62824/13/12 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #4459 of 62824/13/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GeezSkis
Here's a link to me skiing them in a promo video for Bogus Basin (1976-77 ish). Skiing doesn't start til around 2:20 & continues on & off 'til the end. I'm the guy in all orange.
I think EpicSki may have found an Ambassador for Bogus Basin! You should reach out to tylrwnzl and inquire about that. There are a few perks for maintaining a simple wiki for your home area.post #4460 of 62824/13/12 at 8:02amQuote:
Dude, you rip!
Half my ski buddies at CSU were from Boise in that era. They all lived in the Ranch and skied Bogus all the time.
Bogus puts out a lot of good skiers!post #4461 of 62824/13/12 at 8:04ampost #4462 of 62824/13/12 at 10:48ampost #4463 of 62824/13/12 at 11:08ampost #4464 of 62824/13/12 at 1:03pmpost #4465 of 62824/14/12 at 10:07am
Don-Weber Try them again!!!!
Here is another Dry land ski. Turf ski by Rollka. Made in Italy! Between Climbing in the summer and skiing at the camps on Mt Hood. We would take these out. and play with these.
Just another out of the Black Hole!
Mackpost #4466 of 62824/14/12 at 6:25pmpost #4467 of 62824/14/12 at 6:54pmpost #4468 of 62824/15/12 at 3:00pm
A nice Sunday morning CL score. 1 owner undrilled Killy 800 SL 203's. The guy bought these in 1968, intended to buy bindings later, got busy with school and life, and never skied again. The skis have been sitting in the same basement for 44 years!! They've never seen the light of day until today. They are as close to flawless as is possible.
* I might consider trades for Sideral, XR1, VR17 ..... PM me if interested.
Edited by CJE911 - 4/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #4469 of 62824/15/12 at 5:05pmThread Starterpost #4470 of 62824/15/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I've tried these...scary stuff.
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Blizzard Brahma Vs Dynastar Powertrack 89 2 minutes ago
- › The Endangered Stretch Pants 6 minutes ago
- › I now know why there is western Bias towards skinny skis. 9 minutes ago
- › 8th Annual Arapahoe Basin for Mother's Day 10 minutes ago
- › Summit/Vail TR 4/9-4/15 Corn, Slush and Powder 10 minutes ago
- › I Was Friends With An Internet Troll 13 minutes ago
- › Skiing and stuff at the end of the season.. video 25 minutes ago
- › Squaw Valley:Help Decide Its Future 25 minutes ago
- › Physics and Ski Technique 37 minutes ago
- › What new skis are you planning to buy next season, why? 42 minutes ago
- › Head 2014 Rev 98 by dbqu
- › 2012 Powderhorn Dalton Jkt by borderland
- › Fired Up Extreme Gear Women's Heated Glove by Trekchick
- › 2012 K2 ObSETHed by skiman19
- › Mad River Mountain by levy1
- › 2014 Salomon Quest Q 105 Ski by Fritzski
- › 2014 Salomon Quest Q 98 Ski by Fritzski
- › 2014 Salomon Quest Q 90 Ski by Fritzski
- › Taos Ski Valley by dr4GS
- › Snowbird by dr4GS
- › Professional Ski Instructors: Mixing Fun With... by ERVTravelIns
- › Ways To Stay Ski Fit by ERVTravelIns
- › Picture Frame Drill by TheRusty
- › Tug of War Drill by TheRusty
- › Vibration Damping and Skis by SandwichTech
- › Learning To Ski As An Adult by ERVTravelIns
- › When did Ski Reality become Irrelevant? by Fritzski
- › 10 Cool Ski & Snowboard Kickstarter Projects by ERVTravelIns
- › Want to Win Free Stuff? Answer our Community... by skiessentials
- › Snowboarding or Skiing – Which is... by ERVTravelIns