Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 2/18/16 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016 Lange Buyers GuideLast edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
More Retro memories???? - Page 12post #331 of 791810/23/08 at 3:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 791810/23/08 at 3:40ampost #333 of 791810/23/08 at 4:19amThread StarterQuote:I know when RS has the last post in here at 6:00 AM, it is usually something good. You need some Yahoo II's to go with them.
Edited by Rossi Smash - 11/2/12 at 1:33pmpost #334 of 791810/23/08 at 6:30amThread Starterpost #335 of 791810/23/08 at 7:07amMine were on 233 Mids, the 80s version with the colored bands across the tails. Those went from being bump skis to air skis when I grew a little and acquired my Rossi FMs. I always seemed to have the model just below the top of the line mostly because I weighed under a hundred pounds in high school and preferred something softer.post #336 of 791810/23/08 at 7:11ampost #337 of 791810/23/08 at 7:33ampost #338 of 791810/24/08 at 11:36amThread Starterpost #339 of 791810/24/08 at 12:14pmI thought the colored bands were FATTER with the lettering a bit smaller, but who knows.. It's been soooo long. It could be that the bands were fatter on the bottom. The tan color is definitely the samepost #340 of 791810/27/08 at 9:47ampost #341 of 791810/30/08 at 2:13pmThread Starter
"The first generation of production foam race skis—the metal Rossignol Roc 550 for GS and the Rossignol ST-650 for slalom—reached the market in 1972. At this point, Rossignol was the number one brand in the world."
Edited by Rossi Smash - 11/2/12 at 1:35pmpost #342 of 791810/30/08 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #343 of 791810/30/08 at 2:55pmpost #344 of 791810/30/08 at 3:19pmAh memories the ST 650 was my first pair of adult skis. Right after my VR17 jrs. The skis in your picture are in nicer shape. Mine took a beating learning to carve and ski bumps. plus the Ski-Saver took the clear coat off.post #345 of 791811/2/08 at 2:42amThread Starterpost #346 of 791811/2/08 at 6:56amThread Starter
Tuckerman LaminatedThese are the oldest skis I have. Everytime I see them all I can think about is SOMEONE actually skiing them.
Can you Imagine taking these babies over the Headwall @ Tuck's?post #347 of 791811/3/08 at 5:58pmpost #348 of 791811/3/08 at 6:03pmQuote:Good one. Reminds me of the days when we used to convert Look Nevada toe pieces into hash pipes. They were always a hit on the ski bus during mid-term break.post #349 of 791811/4/08 at 2:23pmThread Starterpost #350 of 791811/4/08 at 3:17pmpost #351 of 791811/5/08 at 3:15pmThread Starter
Edited by Rossi Smash - 11/2/12 at 2:11pmpost #352 of 791811/5/08 at 3:52pmpost #353 of 791811/5/08 at 3:59pmpost #354 of 791811/5/08 at 5:43pmThread StarterQuote:Is there anything you can't find?
I'd love to get a look at my old orange and black Kastle Grand Prix.
Sorry but the best I can do (for now!) is my orange and black
Kastle CPM TI Slalom's......will that hold you over for now?post #355 of 791811/5/08 at 6:55pmpost #356 of 791811/6/08 at 6:21ampost #357 of 791811/6/08 at 6:27amI wanna see Blizzard Polo twin tips. I'm going to shoot an email to an old buddy and see if there is any chance at all that he still has his. I doubt he does since he has moved many times since 1980.
Oh and while we're on Kastles, the same guy also had a pair of Kastle Newstyle Champions. I don't recall them being as cool looking as the Blizzards, but they had three groves in the base, one running from tip to boot and two running from boot to tailpost #358 of 791811/7/08 at 7:23ampost #359 of 791811/8/08 at 2:54ampost #360 of 791811/8/08 at 5:21amI got a reply from my friend. I was correct that the Newstyle Champion had three grooves, one front and two rear and the Blizzards were the Polo model. He doesn't still have either of them
The Kastle Freestyle Pros were quite nice, wonder of any of those are still around
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
Currently, there are 1070 Active Users (18 Members and 1052 Guests)
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 54 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 5 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 5 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 5 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer