- 36,478 Posts. Joined 11/2005
- Location: Pugski
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categorySki Geartagged by System, 11/10/11
- topicSkiing Historytagged by System, 4/12/09
- categoryTelemark Ski Bootstagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryWax Waxing Toolstagged by System, 9/14/09
- itemWinter Equinox - Reliving the 1974 Freestyle Skiing Pro Tourtagged by System, 10/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 2/18/16 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Boot Fitting Terms And GlossaryLast edited: 5/14/14
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016 Lange Buyers GuideLast edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
More Retro memories???? - Page 11post #301 of 791810/17/08 at 4:25am:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 791810/17/08 at 4:25amThread Starter
Yeah, I've heard that
These will be my version of your "door knocker" if you follow my driftpost #303 of 791810/17/08 at 4:27ampost #304 of 791810/17/08 at 6:41ampost #305 of 791810/17/08 at 6:46ampost #306 of 791810/17/08 at 8:07ampost #307 of 791810/20/08 at 9:56amThread Starterpost #308 of 791810/20/08 at 10:16ampost #309 of 791810/20/08 at 10:24ampost #310 of 791810/20/08 at 4:01pmpost #311 of 791810/20/08 at 4:30pmThread StarterNicely done Phil
I knew there were others out there
Now, how many of those would you mount up and ski
without thinking twice about it??? (I think 7 if I'm seeing right)
I like the ESS which was bought out by Atomic and still share many features.post #312 of 791810/20/08 at 4:33pmpost #313 of 791810/20/08 at 4:33pmpost #314 of 791810/20/08 at 4:35pmThread Starter
TC's thread on first skis reminded me of this.
Back as far as I remember, you used to buy your bindings
in two seperate boxs. Pick which toe piece you wanted, then
add the heel to work with it. For some, it came down to the choice of turntable or step in heel piece....I believe this came to an end in the late 80's?
Look Nevada toe piece, Look Grand Prix N17 Heel piece
Edited by Rossi Smash - 11/2/12 at 1:27pmpost #315 of 791810/20/08 at 7:02pmThread StarterHey...we passed the 10,000 views mark!
I would like to encourage all of you to post pix
of your vintage stuff or other pictures you have found and saved over the years.
Let's keep this thread alive and thrivingpost #316 of 791810/20/08 at 7:45pm
TR: Laurel Mountain Lodge
The work trip to Laurel didn't exactly start shaping up well. It was a mid-30s morning, and the air felt wet. No frost on the car though, which did not bode well for dry footwear on a trail work day. And I even forgot to pack my rye layer.
Well, once we got to the lodge for the work assignments, things started looking up.
K2 Pro Staff VOpost #317 of 791810/20/08 at 7:53pmpost #318 of 791810/21/08 at 4:19ampost #319 of 791810/21/08 at 4:23amThread Starterpost #320 of 791810/21/08 at 4:26ampost #321 of 791810/21/08 at 4:33amThread Starter
I know absolutely nothing about them. My dad skied a pair of black Krystal metal skis in the late 60's. Snapped off the shovel in some Spring corn.....post #322 of 791810/21/08 at 5:22ampost #323 of 791810/21/08 at 6:25amThread Starter
Edited by Rossi Smash - 11/2/12 at 1:31pmpost #324 of 791810/21/08 at 6:32ampost #325 of 791810/21/08 at 4:38pmHere is my old collection of retired race skis- mostly from the Spalding days when they ruled the World Cup. Sizes range from 204-218cm. Note the rare FDR Marker's on the white Squadra's. Missing the Numero and Formula Uno's, Formidables and the Grey Squadras. Anyone have them?
I still take the Starboards out once a year and won the Vail Ski School mogul event on them 2 years ago on Log Chute.post #326 of 791810/21/08 at 4:48pmThread Startersrd, what sets the FDR Markers apart from the MRR from the same period? Stiffer springs? Can you post a close up pic of those bindings?
Nice to see those old war horsespost #327 of 791810/21/08 at 5:14pmpost #328 of 791810/21/08 at 5:23pmThread Starterpost #329 of 791810/21/08 at 6:04pmThe Marker FDR was made for Ingemar Stenmark who used the old "explodamat" heel till the very end. Everything else was the same as the MRR. Din though was higher 8-16- They also had a 12-24 din version. I think they came from Marker Japan.post #330 of 791810/21/08 at 6:48pm
- More Retro memories????
- Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 17 seconds ago
- › Holiday Valley, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Bristol Lets Meetup! 2 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 10 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 16 minutes ago
- › Vail to buy Whistler/Blackcomb 18 minutes ago
- › Am I nuts to book airfare to Zermatt (Zurich) now for mid-January... 18 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 21 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 46 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 57 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer