EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Possible change of venue for LGCIV on Tue 1 April
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Possible change of venue for LGCIV on Tue 1 April

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Due to the current weather forecast I'm leaning strongly towards changing the venue for Tue 1 Apr to Vail vice Keystone.

It looks like Vail will get significantly more snowfall than Keystone. And with the forecast on Tue for light winds and some sunshine, Vail makes sense.

If this would significantly inconvenience ANYONE please chime in?

I will not change venues if people planning on Keystone would lose money due to purchasing tickets for Vail while they already have one for Keystone.

Thoughts?

BTW, this is NOT an April Fools joke!
post #2 of 29
Vail sounds great to me; I think Breck is also predicting more snowfall than Keystone for tomorrow, and that might also be an alternative, especially if the Peak 7 and 8 bowls get hit.
post #3 of 29
Agreed Jim. Having just watched the weather Vail should get a lot more snow than Keystone and more than Breck.

As Jim said.....if the venue change poses a problem with anyone......speak up. I'm sure carpools can be arranged (and a great idea with paid parking).

PLUS....from what I hear we had a few newcomers to the group today. Nice that they could see Vail if they won't make the 6th.

My first choice would be Vail.....followed by Breck.
post #4 of 29
If anyone needs Vail tickets I think I may have one or 2 discounted ones left on my pass.
post #5 of 29
Skied Keystone today since we don't have a Loveland pass. This was the first day that the entire mountain got "springy". The snow was good until about 2 pm, then started getting too soft. I went out again at 6 pm and the top half of the mountain was chopped up and was beginning to freeze, making for some truly crunchy conditions.

As long as it doesn't rain tomorrow at Vail (given its lower elevation) we're in for Vail on Tuesday. :
post #6 of 29
This change wouldn't impact me much.

I would be looking for any discount ticket opportunities available.

I would be driving from Frisco and would be glad to take up to three peeps with me.
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post

I would be looking for any discount ticket opportunities available.
I have all 6 of my "Ski with a friend" passes available. I don't know what the ticket price would be on those.
post #8 of 29
Just curious - what weather forecast is everone looking at? Can you provide a link? The forecasts I have seen show 4-6 inches at pretty much all the areas.
post #9 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum4ever View Post
Just curious - what weather forecast is everone looking at? Can you provide a link? The forecasts I have seen show 4-6 inches at pretty much all the areas.
This one:

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...+Storm+Warning
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
I'll firm this up tomorrow late afternoon, but if we change venue(likely) then the meeting place will be the ticket window at the Lionshead Gondola at 8:45.
post #11 of 29
Ah, the good old NWS, makes sense to me.
post #12 of 29
Yes, I'll be game for Vail. My tickets are good for all Vail resorts.

Bumpfreaq, I'd be interested in car pooling and share the parking cost.
post #13 of 29

ride share from Denver?

Once again I will be looking for company for the ride up. Having totaled the Forester on the way to ESA Aspen, I will be taking the 944, so I only have room for 1, but would also be happy to ride in your car and contribute to gas and parking costs. PM me please!
post #14 of 29
Beaver Creek reporting 16"
Cough!
Vail reporting 13"
Cough!
More today!
Cough!
Could somebody call work for me, I can't shake this Cough!
post #15 of 29
Mr. V., I think the doc would prescribe a good healthy dose of mountain air to clear up that cough...
post #16 of 29
You sure called that right, with 13 at Vail and only 6" at Keystone.

BTW, hubby and I have passes with our Bring a Friend vouchers intact, so if you need one for Vail tomorrow send me a PM. Don't know how much you save but it's better than full price.
post #17 of 29
I can take 2-3 folks from dillon to vail tomorrow.

bong
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCube View Post
Mr. V., I think the doc would prescribe a good healthy dose of mountain air to clear up that cough...
I think I can write a prescription for that!

Bong, if I don't find a ride or rider all the way from Denver I might want to meet you in Dillon to at least save on gas and parking. I'll let you know later today. What time?
post #19 of 29
9:15 at Golden Peak ticket office sounded sounded better. Please don't change it! : I suspect some will have trouble getting to Lionshead by 8:45 (like us!!!). Also, Golden Peak to Northwoods chair is a great way to get to Back Bowls and Blue Sky.

Keystone was nice today with 6" powder and some additional falling in the pm. They needed it as the surface was pretty icy under the powder. Outback tree runs were great.

If you do change it to 8:45, can you also suggest a second rendevous time and place???
post #20 of 29
Y'all may want to reconsider. There is currently a 50 car pile-up on WB I-70 just past the summit of Vail Pass. Both directions are currently closed and I'm guessing this will take a long time to clean up.
post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 
Here's the official word.

Vail tomorrow with a meet up at 8:45 at the Lionshead Gondola ticket window. A secondary meet up will be at Mid-Vail cafeteria at 10:30.

If I-70 is closed we will be back to the original Keystone meet up.

PLEASE check the CDOT website for road info prior to departing for Vail and If there's a road closure I'll post it here.
post #22 of 29
Thanks for the secondary meet-up. We will try to make the first one but we may not.

Mid-Vail cafeteria is pretty big. Is there a specific location to meet?
post #23 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum4ever View Post
Thanks for the secondary meet-up. We will try to make the first one but we may not.

Mid-Vail cafeteria is pretty big. Is there a specific location to meet?
I've only been inside Mid-Vail once so don't remember details, butthere will be several of us there. I'll be the tall guy(6'6") in a red Spyder jacket. I'm also PMing you my cell number.
post #24 of 29
I will look for you at mid-Vail at 10:30. I doubt I can make the eary hook up.
Anyone wanting a later ride I have plenty of room. I am staying in Frisco. 303-916-9453 call. LewBob
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum4ever View Post

Mid-Vail cafeteria is pretty big. Is there a specific location to meet?

There is a Ski School Desk on the 2nd floor. Head around the corner to the cafeteria and look for the group.
post #26 of 29
Thanks. I will be in black suit, gray helmet, wearing a fairly large black fanny pack. We'll figure it out.
post #27 of 29
West bound I-70 re-open just after 10 pm according to news channel 9:

http://www.9news.com/news/top-articl...?storyid=89098
post #28 of 29

Traffic Jam in Officer's Gulch

Jim just called, there appears to be an accident at Officer's Gulch and traffic is at a stand still. Can't get to Vail right now and Jim is heading back.

New plan is to meet at Breckenridge, 10 Mile Station at 10am.

bong
post #29 of 29
Schedule Change

Due to another major auto pile-up on I-70 we are going back to Breckenridge today (Tuesday)

We are meeting at the 10 mile station building (lowest level) at 10:15.

We are sorry about the confusion....but better to do this than have people scattered all over Eagle and Summit Counties.

Anyone who can't make the meeting time......look for us at lunch at the Peak 9 summit restaurant at 12:30 or so.

THANKS

UL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Possible change of venue for LGCIV on Tue 1 April