or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPOILER: WC ski racing

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
You don't put details in the title, you clearly mark it SPOILER, and you don't put details in the first line or two of text that people see when they mouseover the thread. This mouseover thing can trip you up if you aren't careful.



















The actual details are somewhat later, like HERE.


Thank you for your cooperation in this matter, please try and respect those of us who vainly attempt to not learn the results of the game before we watch it...

/also, welcome to the internets
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
You don't put details in the title, you clearly mark it SPOILER, and you don't put details in the first line or two of text that people see when they mouseover the thread. This mouseover thing can trip you up if you aren't careful.



















The actual details are somewhat later, like HERE.


Thank you for your cooperation in this matter, please try and respect those of us who vainly attempt to not learn the results of the game before we watch it...

/also, welcome to the internets
Thanks for fighting the valiant (if futile) fight, Garrett.

Many of us would like to learn the results via other sources than seeing it in the title of a thread.

I hope others will try to remember this as time goes by.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Yup, pretty futile, but I figured I'd just post a template so a few people who posted spoilers yesterday could see how they should do it in the future.
post #4 of 12
I'm blonde, and even I understand it!
post #5 of 12
Wow, mouseover. Didn't know there was a name for that.






Anyway, races mostly over now. Bode blew a chance to win the GS, though the course was pretty sloppy by the time he went down. Ligety wins ahead of Raich to take the title. So two overalls and four discipline titles for the Americans. An historic year. Is Ligety still in the running for the SL title? I still can't believe by how small a margin Cuche lost the SG title. One place (16th vs. 15th), one point, and one one-hundreth of a second. Amazing. The system of not allotting points outside the top 15 is pretty weird, though.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
I'm blonde, and even I understand it!
Understanding is not the problem, knowing was my issue. I am now officially in the know; won't happen again.
post #7 of 12
"Understanding is not the problem, knowing..."

Sticky: READ FIRST: Before posting race results

guess you missed this.
post #8 of 12
I did. Sorry again.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by B R View Post
I did. Sorry again.
Apology accepted! Now, you have to wax and tune all my skis for penance.
Better get busy, I have a lot of skis!
post #10 of 12
Accepted, but you have to find a way to get me your skis
post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prickly View Post
Wow, mouseover. Didn't know there was a name for that.
onMouseOver, important Javascript event to impress fellow middle school dorks with your fancy menus circa 1997
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
"Understanding is not the problem, knowing..."

Sticky: READ FIRST: Before posting race results

guess you missed this.
Lots of members have limits on how long a post remains visible. Some as short as 2-weeks. That sticky was posted in 2006, so many members won't see it. Many of the forums "default" displays are a month.

Hmmm, maybe should change that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion