New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jackson Bears

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I'll be flying in to jackson tomorrow and staying the rest of the week for the comp. Anybody want to make some turns? If I don't qualify I might be up for a tour too on sat. Never been to jackson before so skiing with a local would be cool. Also i think i'll be staying in some (not that) cheap motel. If anybody has an available couch I could save some money.

Thanks,
Phil
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
I'll be flying in to jackson tomorrow and staying the rest of the week for the comp. Anybody want to make some turns? If I don't qualify I might be up for a tour too on sat. Never been to jackson before so skiing with a local would be cool. Also i think i'll be staying in some (not that) cheap motel. If anybody has an available couch I could save some money.

Thanks,
Phil
Hi, Phil.

I'm around and might be able to make some turns on Friday (I'm working in my office today and tomorrow). If you'd like to pm me, I can give you my cell #.

Good luck in the comp. Conditions are a bit ratty off piste right at the moment. :
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters View Post
Hi, Phil.

I'm around and might be able to make some turns on Friday (I'm working in my office today and tomorrow). If you'd like to pm me, I can give you my cell #.

Good luck in the comp. Conditions are a bit ratty off piste right at the moment. :
Ratty ugh? is this my luck? every comp i've been to is rock hard . Oh well based on the conditions would you be on a super stiff ski (squad) or slightly softer but easier turning (xxl) ski?

I'll pm you with my number
post #4 of 14
Good luck Phil!!!!!!
post #5 of 14
I might be there Friday too. Will check back in here.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
bump. Phil? bob? i'll be up tomorrow. Green jacket, black pants, BRIGHT yellow fischer boots. Probably on a pair of squads possibly xxls.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
bump. Phil? bob? i'll be up tomorrow. Green jacket, black pants, BRIGHT yellow fischer boots. Probably on a pair of squads possibly xxls.
Hi, PhilT (and the other Phil).

It looks like I'm not available tomorrow (Friday). Some locals have booked me to ski powder (assuming it happens) tomorrow, so I'll most likely be working.

If you see someone in a ski school coat with my name on it, say "Hi".

Good luck and let's hope the forecast holds true.
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
wow that didn't suck
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
wow that didn't suck
OK. Now that you've hit us with the teaser...
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
OK. Now that you've hit us with the teaser...
no comp (today was a partial weather day). but 2 ft of new snow!
post #11 of 14
Sweet. And a heck of a mountain to have it on!

And there I was feeling all happy about the 4 inches we had today...
post #12 of 14
:
post #13 of 14
Sorry I couldn't ski with you guys either. I was doing backcountry training. I should be doing a TR tonight.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Well that sucked. Dropcliffnotbombs your going to love to hear this, dukes are still markers. Pre released 3 times in one run, the only run that counted. Missed my top two airs cause I had to click my (left) heel back in. Missed my bottom ones cause i tagged a rock and my binding (left) set at 14 just popped me out. And finally while skiing powder to the bottom after realizing defeat i just pre released, light blower pow and my (right) ski just comes off. I didn't qualify when I went to squaw but was stoked that i finished and did it. Today I was feeling confident at the top, I knew my line (one that had not been skied by anyone else) and I was sure I was in. I'm so disappointed I could cry. I'm not disappointed that I blew my one shot, I'm disappointed because it feels like I got robbed of my one shot. Oh well, the snow was good and I'll try to make the best of sunday but damn am i bummed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home