wow, it's really cool seeing the variety of skiers on the board and the various goals people have set... any where from actually starting to ski to running ski schools. sweet.
for me, i don't think i'm specifically setting 'goals' for the season... but here are some things i can control that i'd like to see happen:
1) not bust my new Volkl P40 Plats (i.e. do not ski Magic Mountain, VT on 198 Rossi 9X GS boards after almost two feet of fresh snow like i did last year
2) retain technique and spend at least one or two runs each day of skiing specifically trying to improve at least one thing.
3) last year was the first year i had fun skiing bumps (i.e., could actually do them thanks to different and shorter skis). this year, i'd like to be able to improve from being able to hold okay form on 4-5 bumps, to having good form on a dozen or better.
4) find a skiing buddy! skiing alone is not as fun as it used to be (although some days the solitude is just what the doctor ordered).
5) most important, have fun! and at least one none stop top to bottom run per ski day.