- 650 Posts. Joined 12/2000
- Location: Ken-Caryl, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemAltatagged by marznc, 1/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Rent vs Old Equipment Last post on 10/13/16 at 7:23pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Utah in February with family...confused where to go!?!? Last post on 9/24/16 at 2:59pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Alta, Deer Valley, or Snowbird? [early season family trip, beginner/intermediate] Last post on 7/18/16 at 2:22pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Alta - An Unofficial Guide
Alta ski instructors for advanced lessons
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Prosper, I haven't gotten to your PM yet, but it looks like I'm already obligated to special programs the days you'll be there.
I PM you the names of a few folks. I'm not sure who'll be doing DC but most likely they'll ski your legs off (Art and Collin have been lots of those...)
I ended up taking a workshop with Art. It took him a whooping 1 hour to totally adjust my skiing to where it was effortless and I was confident skiing anything. (Guess I shouldn't wait 20 years between ski lessons).
I have read through so many threads on this forum that are so helpful but always end with you need to take a lesson.
I wish I would have stopped reading and taking the lesson several years ago. Art was really really great. He's been at Alta for 20 years and not going anywhere. I highly reccomend him. Lonnie's comment about skiing your legs off couldn't have been more true.
- Alta ski instructors for advanced lessons
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How to fix cracked ski edge 2 minutes ago
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 6 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 8 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx Theta SVX shell, Large, Carbon Copy color 10 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 24 minutes ago
- › RV Camper Friendly- Big Sky, MT 26 minutes ago
- › Tuning Elan Amphibio 88xti skis 46 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 56 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer