Originally Posted by Richie-Rich
Skiing injuries only...
Oops, guess I shoulda read the title of your thread more clearly.
1. 1992-ish? (15 or 16 years old) - Grade 4 Concussion - Out cold and body convulsing while I was out - came to briefly in the patrol sled, then went out again and next thing I know I'm in the hospital overnight getting a CAT scan. I lost recollection of exactly what happened, but from I was told I under-rotated a 360, caught my edges at about 280 and had my head slammed into ice.
2. 1995-ish - Under-rotated a 720 at Mt. Snow at high speed. - Torn rotator cuff, got all the skin scraped off the bridge of my nose (spring slush)
3. 1998-ish - Bruised ribs - Under-rotated a misty flip in a quarter pipe...landed rib first on the deck.
4. 2000-ish - Massive hematoma on my left hip. Big Air competition at Hunter Mtn, NY. Threw an off-axis 720 and never got back on axis, heh. Landed directly on my hip from about 20 feet to solid ice. Can't believe I didn't break my hip on that one.
5. 2002 - Mt. Hood, OR - Partially torn rotator cuff on a poorly landed switch 5 attempt.
6. 2003 - Torn MCL - Bad landing coming out of Heart Chute at Kirkwood - sidelined 6 weeks.
6. 2006 - Fall down a steep barely skiable narrow chute at Kirkwood (Patrolman's) - Bruised kidney, bruised sub-luxed ribs, 6 stitches in right arm.
7. 2008 - High speed crash at Squaw Valley Freeskiing Open - Bruised ribs, bruised lungs, Grade 3 concussion (split helmet), whiplash (cervical strains), subconjuntival hemmoragge.
But have never, ever broken any bones....
(I have also torn my ACL in 2005 but that was from playing soccer, not from skiing)