or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › When your skis are >this< close!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When your skis are >this< close!!

post #1 of 56
Thread Starter 
The real question is this.............
Is having a tracking number a good thing?

I ordered the Bro Standard 174 Softs this week, which were shipped promptly.
I've been watching them on their path to my door.
They are sitting in a warehouse just a few miles from my house, to be delivered Monday.
Do you want to guess how nuts this makes me?
post #2 of 56
No.
post #3 of 56
You going skiing this weekend?
post #4 of 56
Thread Starter 
Of course! Aren't you?

I have a few other pair of skis I can use, which may keep me from going over the edge
post #5 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
Of course! Aren't you?

I have a few other pair of skis I can use, which may keep me from going over the edge
Yup. 17"-ish of new. Moderate avy danger. Blue sky this morning. Storm moving in this afternoon that's s'posed to drop 2-3 feet. Got the skins on the boards waiting for the girlfriend to get out of bed so we can go get a few laps in before Nevada plays Southern Illinois in the bracketbuster game today at 1:30.

You'll have to bring those Bros out to the Sierra this spring.
post #6 of 56
Thread Starter 
I'm lining my ducks up for trip plans, have to get some input from Mr TC.

Heading out the door to go visit grandma for a few hours, then hitting the slopes with some friends.

I wonder what it would have been like to ski with my grandma in her day.
I bet she was a blast!
post #7 of 56
That would be awful!!!

Last year I ordered new skis for my daughter for Christmas. They came from a shop somewhere in Ohio (we're in Michigan). When I checked the tracking there were some really strange places. I called FEDEX and asked the gal on the phone if she could verify that the skis that I had ordered were actually in France on their way to Italy??? She said, "no.... OMG yes!"

Those skis were far more well traveled BEFORE we got them than they ever will be after.
post #8 of 56
I don't like it when you look at the tracking info and it went way out of the way to get to were it is supposed to go.
post #9 of 56
I've got a pair sitting at the UPS warehouse here too, just an old 1990s pair of "never used" Hart CS US Freestyle Team Mogul Skis though, nothing like what you've got coming : . Ya wanna trade? I'm trying to decide whether or not to play hookey from work Monday so I don't have to go get them at the warehouse. : Sometimes the UPS man will leave skis behind the side of the house for me.
post #10 of 56
TC are they going to have demo bindings on them? I hope, I hope!
post #11 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
The real question is this.............
Is having a tracking number a good thing?

I ordered the Bro Standard 174 Softs this week, which were shipped promptly.
I've been watching them on their path to my door.
They are sitting in a warehouse just a few miles from my house, to be delivered Monday.
Do you want to guess how nuts this makes me?
Ya know, a year ago you were just another nice girl.

Now you're a gear whore

You been hangin out with Phil too much.

You need Bro Standards like a whole in the head.
post #12 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
Of course! Aren't you?
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=67239
post #13 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
Do you want to guess how nuts this makes me?

Hmmm, what are you saying Trekchick - you don't have any skis to ski on this weekend?
post #14 of 56
Shoot, that early in the morning -- I would have been down at the warehouse instead of posting! I once drove about 45 minutes to our nearest Fed-Ex depot to get some skis on a Saturday rather than wait for the delivery on Monday. Had them on the snow Sunday morning.
post #15 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
The real question is this.............
Is having a tracking number a good thing?

I ordered the Bro Standard 174 Softs this week, which were shipped promptly.
I've been watching them on their path to my door.
They are sitting in a warehouse just a few miles from my house, to be delivered Monday.
Do you want to guess how nuts this makes me?
TC, I feel your pain..... more literally than you'd like to know. I've had a pair of boots chasing me around central Colorado for the last two and a half weeks, alas, we never made it to the same place at the same time:

When I was in Breckenridge, they were in Crested Butte. When I was in Winter Park, they were in Breckenridge. When I was in Steamboat they were in Winter Park. When I got back to Winter Park their whereabouts were unknown::
post #16 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalbiker View Post
TC are they going to have demo bindings on them? I hope, I hope!
Yup!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
Ya know, a year ago you were just another nice girl.

Now you're a gear whore

You been hangin out with Phil too much.

You need Bro Standards like a whole in the head.
Uh huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravosarah View Post
Hmmm, what are you saying Trekchick - you don't have any skis to ski on this weekend?
Hmmm, maybe one or two pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
TC, I feel your pain..... more literally than you'd like to know. I've had a pair of boots chasing me around central Colorado for the last two and a half weeks, alas, we never made it to the same place at the same time:

When I was in Breckenridge, they were in Crested Butte. When I was in Winter Park, they were in Breckenridge. When I was in Steamboat they were in Winter Park. When I got back to Winter Park their whereabouts were unknown::
Bummer
post #17 of 56
Thread Starter 
This has such a nice ring to it!
Quote:
02/25/2008 4:45 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
post #18 of 56
Going to get them mounted up and try them this week? Let me know how they do on the MI hardpack. I'm very tempted by them but may have to wait until summer.
post #19 of 56
I recently had something shipped to me via fed ex. Same thing happened, it got held up at the local warehouse for a couple days.

The kicker was that the tracking info listed the reason as "Not Being Due For Delivery"
post #20 of 56
remember, the same thing when I was waiting for Lola's Snoop daddies..then they were lost
post #21 of 56
Phil, that was cruel for putting that into her head...


I thought this was going to be a thread about sleeping with your skis. I had a track coach who insisted that if I slept with my shot-put, I would become a better athlete.

Something about sleeping with a large, heavy metal sphere rolling around in my bed made me happy to be mediocre.
post #22 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
remember, the same thing when I was waiting for Lola's Snoop daddies..then they were lost
Waiting for my deliver must be almost as difficult as when you used to wait for the short bus to pick you up for school

Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
Phil, that was cruel for putting that into her head...


I thought this was going to be a thread about sleeping with your skis. I had a track coach who insisted that if I slept with my shot-put, I would become a better athlete.

Something about sleeping with a large, heavy metal sphere rolling around in my bed made me happy to be mediocre.
I tried this with my skis but the sharp edges cut the crap out of my silk jammies.
post #23 of 56
Well, you have to detune just a little...
post #24 of 56
Looks like mine are here
Tracking Summary | Help
Tracking Number: 1Z 4R3 4V2 03 2308 502 3 Type: Package Status: Delivered Delivered On: 02/25/2008
10:30 A.M. Delivered To: DURHAM, NC, US Service:





GROUND



Those would be the Formula CS. I'm still waiting on a tracking number for the old F17s. I'm hoping to get out this weekend or next and compare them asuming the F17s are actually still in skiable condition, not sure what ot expect there..

TC, I bet you will ski tonight assuming the delivery happens as promised. I am praying to the ski Gods for ya:
post #25 of 56
Thread Starter 
Still have to get them mounted but yea!



post #26 of 56
hahaha..that's hilarious...snapping pics of the UPS guy delivering your skis!
post #27 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
hahaha..that's hilarious...snapping pics of the UPS guy delivering your skis!
Say Cheeeeeeese!

Hey Tyrone, Do the guys at PM gear have stock in the packing tape company?
Geez I can't get into the box!
I think, perhaps, someone wanted to torment me >that< much more.
post #28 of 56
You ROCK SISTAH!
post #29 of 56
Any updates? We need pictures of the skis! Or did you just take the skis to bed with you for the rest of the day?
post #30 of 56
Hey TC. Do NOT take those to SOTS to get them mounted EHHh?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › When your skis are >this< close!!