or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › The Dog Pic Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dog Pic Thread - Page 14

post #391 of 669

What a great thread here. I haven't seen one dog that I wouldn't bring home.

 

Why is it when I read about some stranger's relative or friend passing away I find myself "heartful" for a moment but, when I read about a dog going to puppy heaven, it nearly brings a tear to my eye....every time.??

 

Anyways, when I die, I want to go to puppy heaven.

post #392 of 669

I too think this is a great thread. After browsing through threads where contributors sneer at each other, it restores my faith in humanity to come to this thread. Our dogs make us better.

 

Thanks to all who have posted photos. These are beautiful dogs. Most heartwarming. Spencer late May 2008 034.jpg

post #393 of 669

OMG, Snowmiser, that "cow" photo is hilarious. Definitely a patient dog!

post #394 of 669

Wish this video had embedding capabilities but alas, it does not.

Still, its worth clicking on if you are a dog lover.........

http://www.dogwork.com/feeling/

post #395 of 669

My little baby!

happy doggie!.jpg

sleepy doggie.jpg

post #396 of 669

Trekchick. You made my day with that video. What a heartwarming treat. Dogs are the best!

post #397 of 669

1000x500px-LL-1bf16d80_IMG_6137.JPG

 

Sorry for your loss.  I'm surprised no one else commented on how the lake behind Moki looks like a dog - head, torso and right shoulder.

post #398 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

If you have ever lost a dog, you should watch this.  We have all been here and most of us will again.http://www.theospark.net/2010/02/video-johnny-carson-jimmy-stewart-beau.html


Wow, that was really hard to get through, but so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.

post #399 of 669

Wow, I should not even be looking at these photos.  We've lost our remaining 2 dogs, a Corgi/Husky mix and a Lab/Border Collie mix to cancer in the last 4 months and it's really tough to look at these.  They were both rescue dogs and the Corgi/Husky was the funniest and cutest dog ever, also the most stubborn and not afraid of anything.

post #400 of 669

Answers that question.  Yes dogs close their eyes when they shake the water off.

 

IMG_0929-c.jpg

 

 

post #401 of 669


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moose View Post

1000x500px-LL-1bf16d80_IMG_6137.JPG

 

Sorry for your loss.  I'm surprised no one else commented on how the lake behind Moki looks like a dog - head, torso and right shoulder.

Whoa, I hadn't noticed ... that is cool.
 

post #402 of 669

Halloween Dog Pics  funny stuff. 

 

Here is a sample pic

 

airplane-dog.jpg

post #403 of 669

Update picture of Mogul....she's now 9 months old/young....

 

100_1253R.jpg

post #404 of 669

 

This is Cuppajo.  The picture was taken a year ago, just before we discovered that she had lymphosarcoma.  I treated her with chemotherapy, which she handled like the great Golden that she was; she went into remission for 6 months and then the cancer returned.  We had her on some low impact drugs, which kept her well for a couple of months.  Two days ago, she stopped eating and finally seemed to be getting little enjoyment out of life -- we had her put to sleep yesterday.  Karin, the veterinarian who performed the euthanasia is a friend and colleague of mine who offered to come to my house for this final act.  Typical of Cuppajo, she got up when Karin arrived (for the first time that day) and gave Karin her "Golden Greeting".  Cuppajo passed peacefully in our back yard, surrounded by her family.  She is at peace, and we are bereft.

 

walking cuppajo 9-2009 003.jpg

post #405 of 669

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your golden. I lost mine to cancer as well, nearly three years ago. He had battled nasal carcinoma and undergone radiation treatments that left him blind in one eye. But, as you noted, goldens are so stoic and optimistic. He survived for nearly three more years, happy as ever and full of life. In the end it was liver cancer that claimed his life. Our vet came to our house as well. We will always be grateful for that act of kindness.

 

Your dog looks beautiful. She reminds me of mine.

 

Best wishes and condolences.

post #406 of 669

Pretty cute. Has a tongue problem.... What?  All I said was "east coast skiing" to her. rott puppy.jpg

post #407 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinder View Post

 She is at peace, and we are bereft.

 


RIP ... how old was she? A beauty.

post #408 of 669

I'm sorry for your loss bbinder. Our family went through a similar experience a little over six years ago with our beloved golden retriever Tucker. We were fortunate enough to have our vet come to our house as well . I didn't want him to die alone and per your experience he greeted the vet when she arrived. It was a tough experience for everybody for sure.

 

I let my wife and daughter decide if they wanted to get another dog and about a year or so later the opportunity presented itself and we were proud owners of another golden retriever. This time a female; Sydney. I quickly learned all dogs are different as Tucker never barked and Sydney's favorite past time is to sit at the window and bark at what is going on outside. Tucker accompanied my wife everyday to he store where he would greet customers and lie back down after they patted his head. Tucker was extremely "laid back" and mellow.

 

Sydney on the other hand gets excited around people and I did a lousy job of breaking her of this. As a result, Sydney has become pretty much "my dog" spending everyday I am home with me at my office under my desk. She's the best jogging partner I could possibly have, every morning starting at about 5:45 AM she makes sure I am getting up so we can get to the trail we go to. (Yes we made the mistake of letting her sleep on top of the bed with us).

 

Sydney is now 5 and as Tucker was a bonafide member of our family. Dogs are great and unfortunately their lives are too short. The best consolance that helped me was knowing that when Tucker was with us, he never had a bad day. I'm sure that applied for your Cuppago too.

post #409 of 669

sorry to hear about your loss bbinder...

 

good lookin' ol' girl there

post #410 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimalibu View Post

Pretty cute. Has a tongue problem.... What?  All I said was "east coast skiing" to her. rott puppy.jpg



This post should definitely be in the "Why do people think East Coast skiing sucks thread."  Good Rottie.  Such smart dogs.

 

Zoey - IMG_5199.JPG

 

Zoey and Otis (In-law's dog) - IMG_5191a.jpg


Edited by guroo270 - 10/27/10 at 7:12am
post #411 of 669

My best friend Baxter.  Rescue mutt.  Boxer/Beagle mix.

 

Doing what he loves most.

 

BaxterR.jpg?t=1288189632

 

Hard @ work in my office.

Baxter122007005r.jpg?t=1288189575

 

On the deck @ Magic.

MagicEaster-10177-1.jpg?t=1288189474

 

With his buddy Cedar.

102_0211.jpg?t=1288189168

 

In his Save Magic gear..., not my doing I swear.  The girls @ work love him.

Lanyards006.jpg?t=1288189041

 

Lanyards008.jpg?t=1288188945

post #412 of 669

taiga.JPG

 

Taiga is the smartest boxer I've ever seen. She is 8 years old and has never been on the snow...

 

Hopefully it's gonna change!

post #413 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post




RIP ... how old was she? A beauty.


She was 8 1/2 -- much too young...  unfortunately Golden Retrievers are the current number one breed with the chance of developing cancer in their liftime.  Our house feels quite empty without a dog, and it is hard to myself without a Golden, but I don't know when we will be ready for another dog.
 

post #414 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinder View Post




She was 8 1/2 -- much too young...  unfortunately Golden Retrievers are the current number one breed with the chance of developing cancer in their liftime.  Our house feels quite empty without a dog, and it is hard to myself without a Golden, but I don't know when we will be ready for another dog.
 


I've always thought right away was the best time to get a new dog, just cause dogs, especially puppies, bring so much laughter that they can help you cope.  But that's just me.  When my pug goes, I'm getting another within the week if possible.

post #415 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

Halloween Dog Pics  funny stuff. 

 

Here is a sample pic

 

airplane-dog.jpg


That is just wrong. Check out the link, there is some funny pics. 

post #416 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post




I've always thought right away was the best time to get a new dog, just cause dogs, especially puppies, bring so much laughter that they can help you cope.  But that's just me.  When my pug goes, I'm getting another within the week if possible.

We've done both ways, just depends on what's best at the time. I feel kind of guilty "replacing" right away, but I guess that's kind of silly. We didn't really plan on adopting again this soon, but it was definitely the right thing this time. Very healing. Except I do feel guilty when I call him the name of the former dog, which I do about twice a day...
 

post #417 of 669

I think that everybody is different on this issue -- you have to decide what is "right" for you.  We will get another dog -- might be soon and might be in a few months

post #418 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinder View Post

I think that everybody is different on this issue -- you have to decide what is "right" for you.  We will get another dog -- might be soon and might be in a few months

First, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Makes me weepy because it reminds me of when we lost Shadow 2 years ago, also to cancer.

 

We didn't have any intention of getting another dog any time soon, it just hurt that much, but we had no choice: Sadie adopted us.  She launched herself into Uncle Louie's pick-up truck via the open driver's-side window, sick, tired, and full of bites and insects.  We healed her, found her owner and returned her after searching for 2 weeks.  Two months later, the "owner" abandoned her at our farm and we decided it was a sign...we just love her to pieces.

 


 

post #419 of 669

bbinder, feel the pain of your loss; you lost part of your family.  Loosing your dog leaves a big hole in your heart, it takes time to heal.  Cuppojo moved on the great dog park in the sky and has some really great company.

 

It will be known when it is time to share your life with another 4 footed family member, but who can say when.  Take heart, another puppy will pick you.

post #420 of 669


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinder View Post

 

This is Cuppajo.  The picture was taken a year ago, just before we discovered that she had lymphosarcoma.  I treated her with chemotherapy, which she handled like the great Golden that she was; she went into remission for 6 months and then the cancer returned.  We had her on some low impact drugs, which kept her well for a couple of months.  Two days ago, she stopped eating and finally seemed to be getting little enjoyment out of life -- we had her put to sleep yesterday.  Karin, the veterinarian who performed the euthanasia is a friend and colleague of mine who offered to come to my house for this final act.  Typical of Cuppajo, she got up when Karin arrived (for the first time that day) and gave Karin her "Golden Greeting".  Cuppajo passed peacefully in our back yard, surrounded by her family.  She is at peace, and we are bereft.

 

walking cuppajo 9-2009 003.jpg

 

What a beautiful dog, I am so sorry.


Lost my lab at 9 and I cried like a baby....she dropped dead in front of me after a delightful walk.

 

Hang in there when the time is right to get another dog you will know. It took me nearly 2 years before I was ready to let her go and get another.

 

Here's a recent pic of my "new" best friend previously featured in this delightful thread.

 

DSC05089.JPG

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Après-Ski
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › The Dog Pic Thread