After my injury, I got a lot out of this site and would like to give back.
It was a long time before I was confident enough to take a shower standing up. When I was ready, I needed to figure out a way to do it with the immobilizer brace on. Here's what worked for me.
- Get an extra large garbage bag. The yard leaves bags work.
- Poke a hole in the bottom of the bag.
- Take the brace off and put your leg thru the hole.
- Pull the bag up and bunch it up around your crotch. Bunch it up until the hole in the bag is just below the bottom of where your brace would be.
- Put the brace on top of the bag and connect your straps, etc. Note that the bulk of the bag is still bunched up around your crotch.
- Pull the bulk that's at your crotch back down over the brace.
Now, all water outside the brace will fall outside the bag and all water that runs down your leg will run between your leg and the bag.
Hope this helps someone. Best regards to all.
Lane in Illinois
Full rupture playing beach volleyball on a Florida vacation