EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › do we have any industry big wigs here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

do we have any industry big wigs here?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I'm looking for some general info about recruiting, application process, and just general information about getting in the door after college. Whether it be a resort, intrawest, rossignol, POWDER, whatever.

PM me if you value anonymity.

Thanks!
post #2 of 28
I am president of Colorado.
post #3 of 28
I invented the mono ski pole. It's cheap, lightweight and completely symmetrical on all three sides but it has not yet been deemed safe or particularly useful. However, I invented it. It's mine and if anybody wants one of them, for now, they'll have to come to me. So I'm pretty big.

I'm also the editor at large of Catfood News Monthly - at least I still was the last I heard.

Anyhow, send me your resume and my mom and I will have a look at it.
post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I'm looking for some general info about recruiting, application process, and just general information about getting in the door after college. Whether it be a resort, intrawest, rossignol, POWDER, whatever.

PM me if you value anonymity.

Thanks!

I know of several ski areas that have no effective management skills and if you count ski schools you can multiply that by ................. a whole .............bunch.
post #5 of 28

big wigs

I, am proud to say that I am the inventor of the "Norwit".

What is a "Norwit? Ah! Funny you should ask.

The (patent pending) "Norwit" .... is the first and only pubic wig.

Big ones or small ones ..... no bush (or lack thereof), problem is too big or small .... we make em' all!


Actual customer testimonial ....

" I got so excited when I saw Melba in her new "Norwit" that I popped a major Rohung! .... "

Ah! What's a "Rohung"? Funny you should ask.

A "Rohung", is an erection so large that it pulls the skin off the rest of your body.
post #6 of 28
Thread Starter 
alright you jimmys have your fun.
post #7 of 28
Most sizable companies have a link on their website regarding employment.
post #8 of 28

A few centuries late, methinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
The (patent pending) "Norwit" .... is the first and only pubic wig.
But what about this?
post #9 of 28
Maybe notso many bigwigs, but maybe a few fatheads.........(same only different)

IAC, it is dependant upon what type of job you are looking for. If you want to work as field personell, the first contact is the sales rep in your region. OTH, if it is marketing, or some other "office" position, the best contact is the HR dept of your target company(ies) If you want to work for a resort...contact HR.

IAAC, the best venue for getting into the field side is via ski retailing. Be prepared to spend some years gaining rep and viz. and eventually (maybe) something will arise.

BTDT

SJ
post #10 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I'm looking for some general info about recruiting, application process, and just general information about getting in the door after college. Whether it be a resort, intrawest, rossignol, POWDER, whatever.

PM me if you value anonymity.

Thanks!
Start racing. It will will the numero uno place to build your network.
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
I, am proud to say that I am the inventor of the "Norwit".

What is a "Norwit? Ah! Funny you should ask.

The (patent pending) "Norwit" .... is the first and only pubic wig.

Big ones or small ones ..... no bush (or lack thereof), problem is too big or small .... we make em' all!


Actual customer testimonial ....

" I got so excited when I saw Melba in her new "Norwit" that I popped a major Rohung! .... "

Ah! What's a "Rohung"? Funny you should ask.

A "Rohung", is an erection so large that it pulls the skin off the rest of your body.
Yuki, dammit that is random and off the hook! But, is this sickter humor appropriate in the graylands?
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
I, am proud to say that I am the inventor of the "Norwit".

What is a "Norwit? Ah! Funny you should ask.

The (patent pending) "Norwit" .... is the first and only pubic wig.

Big ones or small ones ..... no bush (or lack thereof), problem is too big or small .... we make em' all!


Actual customer testimonial ....

" I got so excited when I saw Melba in her new "Norwit" that I popped a major Rohung! .... "

Ah! What's a "Rohung"? Funny you should ask.

A "Rohung", is an erection so large that it pulls the skin off the rest of your body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Nicely done Garrett. You beat me to it. I had a friend that named his band after the merkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvemeister View Post
I invented the mono ski pole. It's cheap, lightweight and completely symmetrical on all three sides but it has not yet been deemed safe or particularly useful. However, I invented it. It's mine and if anybody wants one of them, for now, they'll have to come to me. So I'm pretty big.
I know you're joking, but those have also been around for centuries. In fact, they were the original ski poles.
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muja2 View Post
Start racing. It will will the numero uno place to build your network.

Yeah I've got all sorts of contacts from racing, but I'm just looking for more general of first hand information.
post #14 of 28
Yuki, I'm sending you a bill for having my computer cleaned!!!

Tyler, welcome to EpicSki!

You will find many who have affiliations with titles under the username and/or links in their sigs.
Most who don't have those options established prefer anonymity.

To get your foot in the door, anywhere, you'll have to pay some dues.
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
To get your foot in the door, anywhere, you'll have to pay some dues.
Like buy Treckchick some bros
post #16 of 28
Well, so much for the "patent pending" status so thanks for saving me all those costs with that agency "As Seen on TV" ..

You can't copyright or patent things that are already in the ... pubic domain ..

And sorry to Tyler who had an honest question ... and yeah ... I just couldn't help it.
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
You can't copyright or patent things that are already in the ... pubic domain ..
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by muja2 View Post
Like buy Treckchick some bros
Or clean Muja2's ski boot liners
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I'm looking for some general info about recruiting, application process, and just general information about getting in the door after college. Whether it be a resort, intrawest, rossignol, POWDER, whatever.

PM me if you value anonymity.

Thanks!
Can we have some more info about you-- what you studied, what areas you're interested in(sales, marketing, finance)? I might have some ideas, but *the industry* is a pretty wide target.

post #20 of 28
There was a guy on here trying to gain some momentum for his new product.... It was an automatic flip-down device on the bottom of your skis... It acted kind of like a crampon of sorts? Evidently it was to help you walk back to the lift if it got too flat to glide.

I guess the guy skied regularly at Granite Peak in Wisconsin...

Anyway, he could use a good marketing guy.
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Racer View Post
Evidently it was to help you walk back to the lift if it got too flat to glide.
What's "too flat to glide?"

:
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGOT View Post
Nicely done Garrett. You beat me to it. I had a friend that named his band after the merkin.



I know you're joking, but those have also been around for centuries. In fact, they were the original ski poles.
As you can see from all the "wigging out" over this simple question, you'll need a pretty good sense of humor to get a job in this industry.

Garrett, he asked about BIG wigs, you referred him to a little wig:
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollmeister View Post
What's "too flat to glide?"

:
Yeah.... It didn't seem like a very good idea to me either, but that's why they need a good marketing guy.
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Racer View Post
Yeah.... It didn't seem like a very good idea to me either, but that's why they need a good marketing guy.
...or a new product. Thats always another option.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... I'm kind of a big deal
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Racer View Post
Yeah.... It didn't seem like a very good idea to me either, but that's why they need a good marketing guy.
But given that this is America, land of the lazy, and we have remote controlled, self-driving golf bags, maybe there is a future. . . :
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... I'm kind of a big deal
That's true. Heluva would definitely qualify as a "Big Wig"... He has many leather bound books, and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollmeister View Post
But given that this is America, land of the lazy, and we have remote controlled, self-driving golf bags, maybe there is a future. . . :
I guess it's for people who forgot their poles and can't skate
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Racer View Post
That's true. Heluva would definitely qualify as a "Big Wig"... He has many leather bound books, and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.
How'd you know!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › do we have any industry big wigs here?