EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Please do not buy from Dick's Sporting Goods
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Please do not buy from Dick's Sporting Goods - Page 5  

post #121 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
And we should boycott Dicks because of their refusal to take the return as described above? I mentioned what you might said, how you might have acted to create Corporate's decision to refuse to help you. You repeat only this part of the story?
I never told you to...I asked you too...I can't control what you do...
I told you...I was angered..and acted as an angered man would...take your guess....There was no vulgarity and voice raising on my part...a simple debate on why they couldn't take it back when it was their fault
post #122 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-turn View Post

I looked at the join date and thought the same thing, along with wondering how many other forums he joined to bash Dick's. Not saying he's right or wrong, but.....
Joint date? yea it was recent..but that was not my agenda....look at my other posts and I joined on here to get recommendations for gear and ski resorts...that's it

I joined almost 2-3 weeks ago...why wait until now? Some of your logic does not make sense..
post #123 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyymc View Post
From your description of what happened, there was neither libel nor slander committed.
I certainly hope not...but I did break the 1-part consent law IL has
post #124 of 136
Your desire for revenge is duly noted. I think we've had enough.

Good luck to you. May you spend the same amount of effort in taking care of your patients as you have in trying to convince us to start a national boycott on your account.
post #125 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
First off i am a strong civil rights supporter and have spent my life fighting racism.
I am having a hard time believing you have anything to do with civil rights.....your comments from my experience show absolute ignorance on you part

I do understand this "other side" situation...the fact is...1 person acted foolishly...and the rest of the Dick's staff actually supported her...that is what made my angry...when a company takes side of an erroneous employee
post #126 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
I certainly hope not...but I did break the 1-part consent law IL has

I meant the Dick's employees and/or corporation didn't commit libel or slander. I thought that was what you were implying in your earlier comment...my misunderstanding.

Yeah, you might be guilty of libel -- can't really tell without the tapes, but by posting up your comments here you at least opened the possibility. Posting the tapes to Youtube would not constitute libel unless they were altered in some way -- they are a factual representation of your conversation.
post #127 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
Your desire for revenge is duly noted. I think we've had enough.

Good luck to you. May you spend the same amount of effort in taking care of your patients as you have in trying to convince us to start a national boycott on your account.
when im at work...pt's come first...however, I am not at work at the moment....if you knew anything about the medical field...you would know that ER physicians are never on call...and once a pt is either admitted or released...he or she is not the physicians concern...so that means I don't have to spend 100% of my time when I'm not at work on patients...get it?

I am taking a lot of time on this because this angers me....for someone who is a civil rights activist....i really question your civil rights background...b/c it really seems you don't give 2 cents about anyone else's situations but yours....
post #128 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
Your desire for revenge is duly noted. I think we've had enough.
Thanks for the note! I think you really don't have the authority to speak for others...so I would take the "we" out of your sentence....if you have had enough...simple solution: stop reading...no one is forcing you to
post #129 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyymc View Post
I meant the Dick's employees and/or corporation didn't commit libel or slander. I thought that was what you were implying in your earlier comment...my misunderstanding.

Yeah, you might be guilty of libel -- can't really tell without the tapes, but by posting up your comments here you at least opened the possibility. Posting the tapes to Youtube would not constitute libel unless they were altered in some way -- they are a factual representation of your conversation.
It's quite ok...I am also trying to protect myself here too....so time will tell...but keep in mind...youtube is my first choice
post #130 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post
Suggestions - yeah - get over it. If you're really an ER doc, having the amount of time to dedicate to this, even in this forum seems VERY suspicious. The principal - yeah, I know, the principal - so don't go there - end of story. Gheesh.

And sure, you're a gem who connects well with everyone, but before in your conversation you had a "pretty heated exchange and couldn't hold the urge to fire back" to someone you refer to as stereotypical. She apparently returns the "compliment" and you're all hissy.

You say yopu don't have the tags, but you never mentioned the receipt. Hmmm.
you are one piece of work...first of all you are ignorant...you don't know anything about the medical field...yet you sit there and tell me that I shouldn't have the time to do this if I was a ER MD? you are a joke

if you know anything about the ER field...ER MD's work 40-45hours a week on average...they are never on call...and it is all shifts....we aren't all orthopaedic surgeons here...working 80 hour weeks

believe it or not....people do have a gift with connecting with others...I believe I have this gift as I have never had a problem such as this in the past....and it has helped me tremendously with patients......some people are just more social than others....get over it...there are good sides and ugly sides to every person...and Dick's saw the ugly side of me when the managed to infuriate me....but I didn't walk in with my ugly side on....there's a huge difference

REGARDING THE RECEIPT....LEARN TO READ...A RECEIPT WAS MENTIONED MANY TIMES PREVIOUS TO YOUR POST...LEARN TO SEARCH OR LEARN TO READ....I believe you are the 3rd person to come on this thread trying to add fuel to the fire...but wasn't sure what kind of fuel you were pouring on

to save you some reading....I DID have the receipt......but no tag since one was not given to me originally and I did not think twice whether I would need one for the future or not
post #131 of 136
Ah! Civil rights?

What would Buddha do? :

Some people have been on this forum for a long time and it is highly improper for you to cast aspersions on their civil rights "record".

What I do know ..... I have known most of these commenters for quite some time .... for better or worse so to speak.

I guess .... we do not know you .... we all are suspect in this world .... are we not?

read betweeen a few lines ..... Alpha Mike Foxtrot ..... Yuki is off channel .... :
post #132 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
Your desire for revenge is duly noted. I think we've had enough.
Do something about it, WE don't need to hear any more about it.

You are wasting your time here, this is a ski message board. You have no idea how much entertainment your endless posts are giving us.

And yes I do care about racism. I don't however care about the jacket you wanted to return!

Were you refused a job over this? Were you put in jail because of the color of your skin? Were you continuously denied a fair living environment because of your race? Were you denied admittance to something? Did you have to become an insurance salesman because you couldn't get into medical school because of your race or religion?

I think not. You couldn't get your money back on a jacket and some idiot said something bigoted. Then when you tried to raise hell over it you pissed off management so much that they dug their feet in about giving you your money back on the item.

Not one of the biggest examples of racist behavior I've seen, nor was the harm done great.

A lot better reasons to boycott a lot more companies then this, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82
...the point at this time is to cause anguish for Dick's....words are words...but when they are genuinely meant to hurt someone...it is a diff story"
Does the word "overreaction" ring a bell to any of the rest of us? I wonder.
post #133 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
Do something about it, WE don't need to hear any more about it.

You are wasting your time here, this is a ski message board. You have no idea how much entertainment your endless posts are giving us.

And yes I do care about racism. I don't however care about the jacket you wanted to return!

Were you refused a job over this? Were you put in jail because of the color of your skin? Were you continuously denied a fair living environment because of your race? Were you denied admittance to something? Did you have to become an insurance salesman because you couldn't get into medical school because of your race or religion?

I think not. You couldn't get your money back on a jacket and some idiot said something bigoted. Then when you tried to raise hell over it you pissed off management so much that they dug their feet in about giving you your money back on the item.

Not one of the biggest examples of racist behavior I've seen, nor was the harm done great.

A lot better reasons to boycott a lot more companies then this, that's for sure!



Does the word "overreaction" ring a bell to any of the rest of us? I wonder.
The fact is I am doing something about it..many things are in the works..along with many things already completed such as CC refusal...writing a letter to corporate with return receipt requested and advised an attorney

what is left? to protect myself legally before I distribute the voice recordings..and whatever hell I can raise out of this....

this may be a small thing to you...but for me...first time experience....it is very big for me and I intend to get something done about this

overreaction? you may have said it for what it is...but have you never overreacted in your life based on unfair treatment?

Yes...maybe the discrimination I experience is not as severe as being denied housing or so forth....but it is still discrimination nonetheless....to a real civil rights activist...any instance of discrimination is just as bad as any other form since it equals discrimination in the end....and I have met plenty of activist during my undergraduate years and my work at a Public Policy think tank

It may be entertainment to you..but it is an outlet of my frustrations

please don't read..no one is forcing you too
post #134 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
Ah! Civil rights?

What would Buddha do? :

Some people have been on this forum for a long time and it is highly improper for you to cast aspersions on their civil rights "record".

What I do know ..... I have known most of these commenters for quite some time .... for better or worse so to speak.

I guess .... we do not know you .... we all are suspect in this world .... are we not?

read betweeen a few lines ..... Alpha Mike Foxtrot ..... Yuki is off channel .... :
Yuki, that is very good advice...but I believe that advice should be intended for others, especially the commenters on who you have had experience with

....Obviously, I do not know anything about his or her civil rights record...however, for he or she to come on and belittle my "discrimination experience" because he or she has faced worse is ridiculous and very improper....I would think it is very highly improper to cast aspirations on my record..don't you think? especially if he or she does not know my records of what I have accomplished in my life

Me: "ouch..i cut my finger"
The other" "you cut your finger? well I had mine finger cut off...so i have had more experience so you need to be quiet about your finger"

I believe that is essentially what the other user is trying to say...obviously in different terms
post #135 of 136
Enough Already!
post #136 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
Enough Already!
so you have said what you needed to say..but others reply back....you have had enough? I thought civil rights activists had more patience than that...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
This thread is locked  
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Please do not buy from Dick's Sporting Goods